How shy are you when it comes to ordering/eating food on a first date?

• I order salad and water only. I am that shy.
    Vote A
  • I order appetizer and entree with drinks.
    Vote B
  • I order appetizer down to dessert. I go all out.
    Vote C
  • I am not shy at all, I talk with my mouth full and splatter everywhere lol
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ll order whatever I want. Typically a salad with an appetizer. Or just depending the place cause I’m vegan XD I don’t care what they think XD

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• That all depends on whos paying the bill sounds dumb but I have been asked out on a date by a girl and accourding to me the asker is the one to pick up the bill at least on a first date so if im the asker not shy at all but I do look for non-smelling (garlic fried unions ect) food and non-messy on a first date

1|0
    0|0
  • Not shy. I'm there to eat after all... make sure no matter how bad the date is, you had a decent meal out of it at least so it's not a complete waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t do appetizers, but if I take someone out to eat then I’m going to do so. So long as someone isn’t gulping, chewing loudly, or talking with a full mouth then it won’t matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • i usually try to eat something that won't cause me to be messy or slovenly (like ribs or something) but i don't care beyond that

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't go on dinner dates much because I find them boring. I like to be active and competitive, I don't like sitting down and just talking for an hour.

1|0
    0|0
    • Can't you do both? Grab lunch before or after you do a different activity together?

• I like to be active for a long time, this applies on dates as well. Also, under my program, I'm only to eat at a certain window, where I'll be eating a lot because it's the only time I eat, which will vacuum my wallet if I were to go to dinner.

• Well, I haven't been on a date but, I'll order the best thing the place has got. Also depends on my budget tho.

2|0
    0|0
  • I eat on my best behavior but when I'm alone I'll do stupid shit like snort to amuse myself if I'm eating like a pig.

1|0
    0|0
  • If i do go out to eat on a first date, not shy in any way. I order whatever i like

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat mine then move on to theirs. Better ne quick!

1|0
    0|0
  • I order appetizer down to dessert. I go all out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Order what ya want!

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink, starter and a main.

1|0
    0|0
  • i mean im not shy, but i also have manners so...

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on condition

1|0
    0|0
  • Never been on date, I am that shy lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not shy at all

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 25

• I don't want to go out to eat for a first date. I just don't like eating when getting to know one another. And if I would, I can't fit more than one course in me anyway, so I'd just order the main course.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm not shy at all. If I'm out to eat I'm going to eat what I want. Sure, maybe I won't order something that'll be too sloppy but I'm not gonna pretend like all I eat is a salad with no dressing, a cup of water, and a gulp of air. He can see I'm not fat so I'll eat whatever I want.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends how well I know the person, how much money they have and how seriously I take the person as a romantic partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • I order regular food, but I mostly pick at it and take it home to eat. I get too shy and anxious to eat. My throat gets closed up, and trying to force food down is painful. I try to avoid going out to eat for first dates.

2|0
    0|0
  • I’d order salad because I like it and water because I like it 😂 not because I’m shy.
    I have a quite small appetite so salads is usually the best amount because I don’t want to have too much left overs. Especially if he’s paying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, never been shy about eating on a first date. I just eat until I'm full, but yes, I do make sure it's nothing too messy! Also, I don't like the majority of salads so I'd never do just salad and water

1|0
    0|0
  • Not shy at all. My ex and I went to a buffet for our first date which was on my birthday and I think I ate like 3 or 4 plates of food. With how much money it is per person I believe to take advantage and eat until you can't handle it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine isn't really any option. I am not shy but depending on how hungry I am, will determine what I order. Even with my boyfriend of 2 years, sometimes I will just order an appetizer (because I'm not all that hungry), or I will order more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not shy about ordering what I want, usually, but I'm shy about eating. I know I'm getting comfortable with someone when I start to finish my food, because for the first few weeks I can barely choke it down.

1|0
    0|0
  • I order what I can afford to pay for. I never go on dates assuming the guy will pay for my meal so to be on the safe side, I eat based on how much I'd spend on myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I order what I want to eat - a steak most probably... (no appetizers nor desserts - no interest in those)
    I don't talk with my mouth full not splatter everywhere...
    So I can't vote on your poll.

1|0
    0|0
  • Salad and water, if we can't just altogether do something different. Eating in front of new people is the bane of my existence...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like eating in front of people in general but, if I were to eat in front of anyone I'd just eat whatever I was hungry for. I'm not exactly shy I would just rather eat alone

1|0
    0|0
  • C. I am comfortable eating in front of a date. But I'm still polite.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's paying I'm not gonna break his bank, but if he hasn't specifically stated that he's paying then I'm not gonna stop myself.

I got really annoyed that a guy ordered an entree that cost twice as much as mine and then had them split the check evenly down the middle...

I also had a guy confused when he took me out and said "Get whatever you want. I brought you here because your profile said you love seafood. I know crab is your favorite so go ahead." and I was like um... no the crab here is insanely expensive and over priced. I'll get something cheaper.

So, I'm considerate, but I'm also not going to leave hungry unless the food was awful.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't necessarily order an appetizer but I will definitely order an entree and probably a drink.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am shy as in I can’t eat in front of someone I like in the beginning. It takes me some time , unless I feel comfortable with him from the start.

As for food choice, I don’t like to order food I feel are junk than my usual junk.

So if salad is the only good option and it looks yummy not just lettuce and tomato, I will get that, or soup, or something.

I love greasy food but wouldn’t order one cause I’m a huge messy eater, unless again I feel comfortable and he doesn’t feel weirded out by the mess.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why should I care how I look eating? As long as I don´t eat like a starving pig... eating is normal and nobody should feel weird about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find appetizers pointless so I just order an entrée with drinks.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not shy when it comes to food.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes