Do you think your dating life is exciting enough? If not, what do you do then?

1118

Most Helpful Girl

• I go on dates at least once a week. Some of the guys are second time dates and they typically go pretty well. My roommate does the same too. We like to call ourselves "serial daters". But in a way it makes me feel like The Bachelorette and that about 5 guys are competing for me. I don't have sex with them though. I have a friend for that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• If by "dating life" you mean "occasionally meeting new people on dates", I don't have a dating life because I'm married. However, I'm actually very happy about that. I hate smalltalk with a passion and I absolutely can't handle awkwardness. So, while most young people like to go on dates, I've always hated it when I was single. My nervousness and feelings of awkwardness were at such a high level that I couldn't actually enjoy the evening. I always felt like I have to act a role... like I have to wear a mask. And I really hate that.
    Being married is wonderful in that regard. I appreciate and cherish the emotional intimacy and the feeling of trust. I know that even if I do something really embarrassing or dumb, my wife will still love me. She won't just get up, walk out and disappear. This makes me feel at ease. It makes me feel like I can be myself. And that is very relaxing.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE