Should I buy my boyfriend a promise ring?

I’ve been thinking about getting him a promise ring. Is that a thing other girls do?

516

Most Helpful Guy

• No, personally I’ve always seen those as some shitty thing to keep your hopes up. I have a friend of mine who’s girlfriend forced her to buy her a promise ring. It’s the dumbest thing ever. If it doesn’t work out you’ll never want to trust another promise again.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, as cute it sounds, whats the point? Your either serious and do it or your not and fooling around with life. There is no point again, in wasting money whether cheap or expensive on something that should be something you both already seriously plan to do. Don't make promises you can't keep, that's all I'm saying. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want. But it can translate that your more into this relationship than he is. It's more easy for a girl to commit than it is for a man these days.