Should I buy my boyfriend a promise ring?

I’ve been thinking about getting him a promise ring. Is that a thing other girls do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No, personally I’ve always seen those as some shitty thing to keep your hopes up. I have a friend of mine who’s girlfriend forced her to buy her a promise ring. It’s the dumbest thing ever. If it doesn’t work out you’ll never want to trust another promise again.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, as cute it sounds, whats the point? Your either serious and do it or your not and fooling around with life. There is no point again, in wasting money whether cheap or expensive on something that should be something you both already seriously plan to do. Don't make promises you can't keep, that's all I'm saying. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want. But it can translate that your more into this relationship than he is. It's more easy for a girl to commit than it is for a man these days.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Don't do it. Marriage is the real promise. A ring may signify the promise but that doesn't keep the promise

0|0
    0|0
  • That just sounds like a corporate rip off. Either get engaged or be a couple. Why 'promise' to get engaged?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's something people do. If you feel like it's something he'd be receptive to and it's something you want to do then I say do it. Nothing too strange about it

0|0
    0|0
  • i mean not Traditionally but fuck tradition we are our own people we make our own decisions so you do you

0|0
    0|0
  • Promise rings are dumb. Just let him get you a real ring...

0|0
    0|0
  • If i was in your boyfriend shoes i would run like hell until i reach Antarctica

0|0
    0|0
  • What the *ell is a promise ring? Like engagement ring or something?

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s like before engagement. It’s like promising that you will be faithful and love just them and some people think it symbolizes being engaged to be engaged

• It’s different for every couple

• Ok. Engagement ring is for that purpose. I don't see any reasons for promise rings. Sounds like it's something 12yrs olds would do. So answer to your question is no you shouldn't

• No, that's not needed. A ring doesn't bond you or your promise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of person he is, could mean a lot to him that you got it.

0|0
    0|0
  • He should get you one

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys could seriously care less about promise rings

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably a waste of money I am not sure

0|0
    0|0
  • it Will make other women want him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it. Might as well get married

0|0
    0|0
  • NOPE.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I got my boyfriend a promise ring. He wears it and would tell me if he didn't want to

1|0
    0|0
    • Can I ask how you went about giving it to him? Was it some big special thing? Or an intimate moment between you too? Or were you just like hey wear this?

• He already knew I was getting one and he had already given me one. I took him to our first hangout spot and just gave it to him

• Yes, as long as you know he only wants to be with you and you feel the same. I don't see why he wouldn't like that

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont do it. its a nice and very compromising gesture. i dont have anything against it, but i feel that i take my life too seriously to do that lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I don't believe in promise rings.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes