1 y

Why does he ignore me when our friends are around? But flirts with me in private?

So me and him are coworkers. We have a lot of mutual friends that are also our coworkers. And he's flirted with me a bit in front of some of them. But not our close mutual friends.

He's flirted with me privately and other coworkers that we are not that close to.
But when our close friends are around (we're all mutual friends) he barely talks to me.

He's 18 and I'm 22. He'll be 19 in a couple of weeks.

I say this because previously, there was a guy who used to work with us that I dated but i stopped because he lied to me about how old he was. He was 17 and told me he was 21. Luckily, nothing happened between us.

But when everyone found out, they made fun of me for dating someone under 18. (Id like to say that it wasn't illegal. Even if we didn't do anything since 17 is legal in Texas)

I feel like this other guy, won't let on that he likes me to our friends because 1) our friends are into gossip and would end up telling me. And 2) they'd probably make fun of me AGAIN. Even tho he's not under 18.

Could this be the reason why he ignores me when our friends are around? Because he flirts with me a lot in private.
3
0