Are any of you giving up on dating sites and why?

I've been on a dating app before but it's just not the same as actually seeing the person in "person".

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I have tried in the past. Most people on those apps are their for a reason. They can bullshit better on a app than in real life.
    Often times people are looking for something they dont deserve.
    On my 30th birthday there was a female I was talking to who was 27. She asked me how old I was and told her I just turned 30 and her response was "ewww your too old"
    She was 27 with 2 kids I'm better off without someone like that.
    Not to mention they want you to blow their mind from the first message.
    When its nothing to do with intelegance.
    My best friends brother was always shaking up with females on POF who were already in relationships so it all just disgusted me.
    It's meant for people who look nice on the outside, often times they are ugly on the inside.

1|0
    0|0
    • Was she serious?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ She's the one lonely with kids. she's got her nerve

• And she's 3 years shy of 30

• Like i said people on thise apps are there because they are shallow and find it easier to hide character flaws online because they get sniffed out fast IRL. I'm not sweating it at all.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• I have a date from tinder :) they are really helpful to me since the implication that we like each other/find each other attractive is already there. I can just relax and get to know them. Like my friends told me, you're supposed to take the convo to in person as quickly as possible.

1|0
    0|0
    • Waaaaittt you never mentioned this to us. you said you were single πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.. so whose the girl and how'd the date go

• The date's tomorrow. I'm still single, it's the first date :) so far she seems amazing

• Well to be honest, I've got mixed feelings.
    It's a quick way to meet someone, but that someone is behind the website. They can respond only if they want to.

On the other hand, meeting in public and talking face to face makes the experience much more genuine. You're gonna have to search though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately you have to weed through a lot of noise to find someone real or you find interesting. They are nice though in that the more you put into it the more likely you will find someone who can relate because they know things about you already suck as likes and dislikes

1|0
    0|0
  • I was on a site for a little while. Met with two women, disappointment by 1 and the another is yet to be determined, but not looking promising. Both were as advertised in their photos, other issues were the problem. My online scavenger hunting days are done for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always prefer personal interaction. If I see a woman I like while grocery shopping, I go and approach. This is how I meet women. Also, with online sites, you still have to meet in person. That could go downhill very quickly

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd think the whole point of dating sites is to eventually meet the person. However, I've right swiped every girl on tinder until it stopped me about 6 times and I got 3 matches, so safe to say it isn't working for me πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I registered with "Flirt Finder", but, the only women who fancy me are old and fat and physically repulsive, in other words, female versions of me, yuk! How come Donald Trump is nailing that Melania bint and the only birds willing to get jiggy with me have teeth like Shane MacGowen and fits like two bags of slate layer's nails?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most weman over 40 LIE about thier age.

I have met wemsn who claim to be under 40 and they are easily in thier early to mid 50' gross...

and its extremely common for them to lie, TRUST ME.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're either all trolls for cam show things or just boringly slow at responding to actually make a bond.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've given up on them. I've had a few good dates from them but never anything incredibly meaningful. I've never been involved with hookup culture and it's not what I like out of relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • I got just straight pissed at the last girl I was talking to... But I kept trying to meet you girls. And I just met and someone who I really think is special. I think I got a good thing this time lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't do online dating. However, acquaintances from both sexes showed me their dialogues with "matches". It's better to meet and communicate with people face-to-face where you can have physical experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had pretty much no luck finding someone who actually wants a relationship. At this point I go in the sites just to pass time and not hope for anything

1|0
    0|0
  • It's extremely hard to find actual dates looking for a relationship in my experience. I prefer real life socializing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand girls that go on dating sites, they are a special breed of women lol
    not all... of course not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I kinda give up on them because their better for girls than they are for guys. It’s too hard for the average guy to get a date on there

1|1
    0|0
  • Never tried em, they came out way after my time (fuck im old lol).

1|0
    0|0
  • I gave up on dating sites cause too many catfishing on there.

2|0
    0|0
  • I am now
    I used to be on a dating sight for teens, now since I turned 18 they transferred me to the adult section... full of old people.,.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've changed my view of them for sure, I've met some nice people, I've met some weird people, and I've met some fucked up people, I've been ghosted, cat fished, etc... It's a very strange place to look for an SO... But there are a few genuine people out there... You just have to look very hard and be very careful in your selection!

Given a choice, no, I would not use them... BUT... If I don't, then there is almost zero chance of meeting anyone that I would be able to form any kind of relationship with, let alone a romantic one, because of where I live, so online dating apps and sites are my only option if I want to meet someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• I’ve never been on one. But that’s all my uncle uses. He has yet to bring home a decent girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've tried them but they don't work for me. I need to be able to feel that person out before there is any expectation of anything. With dating sites, that is impossible as there is always a romantic expectation

0|0
    0|0
  • For me No dating sites lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes