Are monogamous relationships unrealistic?

is being in a relationship nowadays ((in general)) means looking up to unrealistic expectations?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Monogamous relationships are not unrealistic upon themselves, what's unrealistic is people in general, people nowadays want instant gratification without putting in time or effort, but with people with patients and willing to work out issues together and understand, monogamous relationships work just fine.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't had difficulty maintaining a monogamous relationship. If both partners value monogamy, I don't see a problem. Of course, I live in a country where polygamy is very much frowned upon, and most people look for a monogamous relationship anyway. Makes it easier.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• I know many people who have monogamous relationships. Some for a life time as an adult. (they are still alive, so it's still "now days." I also know a number of younger couples who have been monogamous. Those who think monogamous relationship can't work, find they don't work, because being faithful is not important enough to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of yea. There are men that indeed get into monogamous relationships but in reality any man that has aesthetic or has an education or makes good money is unlikely to settle just like that. The problem is that it's pretty easy to find sex overnight if you're one of these guys so there's no real reason to commit.

Source: 1,000+ Tinder matches

0|0
    0|0
  • In today's current dating environment, they're definitely a lot harder than they've ever been before. "Sexual liberation" has benefited men more than women. Why commit to a single woman when there's so many others that will give what she wants you to pay for out for free. And men have fewer consequences in sex than women do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I've known people who've done it. All of my siblings have pretty much only ever been with one person and have been happily married to them for a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say unrealistic, but it's harder to sustain than most people realize. There are a lot more sexless marriages than most unmarried people realize.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• no, if i'm not sure about the other person putting in the same effort i am along with loyalty, then i wouldn't be with that person. if you both put in the same amount of effort, of course the shit is realistic for the two involved. just because most people fuck around doesn't mean all do

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's unrealistic at all. It's becoming more common to explore options other than monogamy, but that doesn't man monogamy is going out of style. I think there will always be plenty of people who prefer a monogamous relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are realistic. Example my grandparent have been married for over 60 years and they still are...

You will see that it's realistic when you have met the right person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have been involved in various forms of polyamorous and open relationships for the last 10 years. I think it fits my life better, as I'm hard to tie down, but, it may not be for everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to think that until I met my fiancé. Now I think monogamous relationships are realistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes