1 y

My best friend confessed to me and I don't know how to respond?

personally i don't think i'm ready for dating, and while i do have some sort of feelings towards him, i don't know if it's romantic or not. i'm extremely needy and possessive, so i want to hog him up for myself, but i'm not sure if that's a sign of my romantic interest in him.

i'm also scared of losing the friendship that we have now, which to be honest, is a little more than a friendship (he says we already act like a couple)

i don't know whether to say yes or no to going out with him, because if i do say yes, i'm scared that something may happen in which i have to break up with him or vice versa (ex: he stops liking me romantically or i start liking some other guy), and i'm afraid that breaking up would ruin our relationship with one another. on the other hand, i'm scared of saying no, because i'm scared that i might discover later that i do like him romantically a lot AFTER i've already rejected him and never get the chance to be with him romantically ever again (or he starts liking another girl, and i'd be really jealous)

i don't know what to do: i don't want to lead him on if i don't like him, but i don't want to lose him either if i do. please help!
3
2