I became a stripper to support my family because my boyfriend won't work. He hates that I strip.. is it really all that bad?

So I've been with my boyfriend for 2 almost 3 years now and we have a one-year-old son together. My boyfriend won't work so I became a stripper to make money since we have lost everything. My boyfriend hates that I strip. Should I quit or support my boyfriend and 2 sons making quick fast easy money? P. S. I only plan to do this until my family is back on our feet.. this is not a career plan...

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell no! if he won't work and you are he better be at home cleaning cooking and making life for your son f****** awesome. Not having a job does not mean you don't have a job to do. You stepping up to make money for the household no matter what it is is a strong and brave thing to do. So if he don't put in he can get out. But work on him because a son needs a father. But one that sets a good example. Nothing wrong with what you do good luck.

2|2
    0|0
    • Thank you and no he refused to do house hold chores as well...

• Show All
    • First of all. Quit your job. Your kids will resent you later for it. Leave his ass. The guy has kids but doesn't want to take care of them? Yea thats a clear sign to leave. It seems he still has feelings for you because he is angry that you are stripping. Like skullwulf said leaving him with your kids will probably straighten him up.

• I agree with everything but I don't think your kids will resent you for doing what you have to do. The world's a tough place. That's like saying lesbians can't have kids for resentment. Don't get a job as a janitor for resentment. Just be a good mother and teach them to be an intelligent thinker to why people do what they do. Not to look at something like it's wrong because other people think it's wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was watching a tv show trailer. The lady said, There’s nothing quite as useless as a useless man. At this point, he’s just dead weight. A man who won’t work as has his girlfriend out stripping is a man you don’t need. Why are you with him? You clearly can take care of yourself. And who cares if you love him? He doesn’t love you.

1|0
    0|1
    • But he is pissed that I am stripping... Bc he chooses to not work his rich daddy gives him money left and right and most times he spends it frivolously. I just wonder why myself and our sons arnt enough to make him care and want to support us.

• That makes it worse. He really only cares about himself if he’s going to live off his dad and let you work in that kind of environment. I’m not judging you. It’s just a fact that strip clubs are hotspots for exploitation and human trafficking. It’s not safe, regardless of what kind of security is in place. And morally speaking, I’m concerned about a society that makes sex into a transaction. I know you’re not sleeping with anyone, but women (and men) are worth more as people than to be treated as sexual objects. Your boyfriend would rather lay around than work to get you out of a job he finds repulsive. If he really cared, he would get a job so you wouldn’t see stripping as an option and so that you can choose a safer career. I’m just very concerned for you and disturbed by his behavior. He’s setting a horrible example for your sons, by the way. They’re watching their mother work hard to maintain the household without adequate support. You really deserve more.

• You are trolling us I think, because no woman would stay with a man like that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• This is clearly not an easy situation for you, so let's state the facts here;

1. He won't work, thus making him a lazy ass
    2. You stepped up as a responsible person and took action to support your family. Although you are working in sth that I consider degrading (no offense meant), but you realize that the well-being of your family, is more important than anything else. (Huge Respect for that)
    3. Your boyfriend does not recognize the previous fact as a whole, and only sees the part that hurts his pride. Although his pride is dead the moment he let you do stripping.

All these things considered, it's obvious that this all is his wrong doing.
    I am not shaming you for stripping, you do what want/like to do. But it seems that it was self-obligatory for good reasons.
    If you have the power to cut him from money, or push him over to get off his ass and do sth useful, then please do.

In conclusion, do not overload yourself, cut him of if you can. Dump him if it's better for you and your boys.
    Take care, hope it all ends up well for you and the boys.

2|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want to degrade yourself for a POS! Any man that would just sit on his ass while you work a job that is beneath your dignity is not worth the trouble. He's just using you! Kick his loser ass to the curb and go back to school. You can do so much better. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 ask God to help you. He will.

3|0
    0|1
  • What’s wrong with your boyfriend that can’t get his ass out their and help support! If your the one making the money and feeding the family care what that dude likes are not.. he has no say until he starts contributing too the family! Wow! Is he injured? Is he at least in school? And even then he can still work a part time job

2|0
    0|1
    • Nope. He's a college graduate with a bachelor's degree and no disability besides laziness.

• Show All
    • Um yes sir

• Lol I knew it... you can find dick that good and still do work you know

• Tell him to get his fucking shit together. You're at least making an effort but you too. Work till you both have the ability to make money without having to do controversial jobs like this if it's uncomfortable for you.

1|0
    0|1
    • He's a loser right now.

• Show All
    • You making an effort is not horrible but your boyfriend is.
      I have low tolerance for bullshit because I know everyone can obtain whatever financial state they want to be in if they worked long and consistent enough and in a smart way.

• Like he has a fucking kid and he isn't doing shit. He needs to fucking learn and prepare for the future.

• What do u mean by bad? I mean naturally we are born naked , maybe it's bad from religious prospective or certain moral values but there's no standard to what's bad , if you think you're violating your " own " moral and religious/non religious values then yeah it's bad if not then it's not bad. It's up to you at the end of the day

2|3
    0|0
  • I think he is an idiot. Why? Because I'd dump you the moment you stripped one time. I think once you do something sexual like that, letting other men see all of you and dance for them and on them to turn other men on other than your partner you've basically broken the barriers of a normal, healthy, exclusive relationship. Hundreds of men pay for access of your time, your body, the sight of all of you nude, touching them with your lap dances. Once you cross that line I'd say you shouldn't even date or try to be in a relationship, you aren't faithful. You're a sex worker. I think your boyfriend is an idiot to waste one more day with you.

Is it really that bad? What compared to a prostitute? I think it is horrible. One of the worst things you could do. I'd never date you ever. I think your boyfriend (he really isn't that is he since you let hundreds of men get all of you and you attempt to turn on 100's of men other than your "boyfriend" and 100's of men get to stare at your naked vagina and butt and breasts) is really weak and must have low self esteem that he thinks you are the best he can do.

What kind of weak ass "man" dates a sex worker. A f**k buddy is about all you'd be good for. Not a "relationship".

Don't give me the "family" crap. There are a million ways to make money, you act like pleasing men sexually is all you can do for money.

Quit dating. Just be alone.

0|0
    2|4
  • If he is refusing to work then he has zero right to complain and also needs a good thwack upside the head.
    And you do what you gotta to give your kids what they need. No one should think less of you for that

1|5
    0|0
  • Wish I could do the same thing for that kind of money. Know any places a guy can make some fast cash like that?

1|0
    0|0
  • You're tough and know tge true meaning of sacrifice.. i like that. The fact that you possess that sense of responsibility is admirable even if you resorted to that type of job which usually is understandable depending on the situation you guys were in. Keep looking for a good job mean time and dont drag yourself deep in the muddy world of stripping and nightlife.. im pretty sure you can find something better
    As your semi man.. no idea how he dares even making a comment.. keep pushing him to go work

1|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want you to strip, tell him to get a job.

4|5
    0|0
  • What is really bad is you put up with a lazy ass boyfriend

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s not bad other strippers who go beyond their duties to make money is the stereo type given so that title comes with it... but he knows what he needs to do to stop you get a job or at least attempt then you can stop

0|1
    0|0
  • It's really hard to see his girl stripping. He might have depressed on what you're doing. That will hold him back to get on his feet. If you're done with financial issues quit the job and go for another. Give him some time to get over it. And he'll stand for you for sure.
    To make your guy a king, you should be a queen first. Its all matter of time but give him some time after quitting job. I can say that both of you're facing he'll at this moment. Make him out of his guilty ☺️

0|0
    0|2
  • You did what you thought was right and I mean why are you with him if he’s just going to be a lazy boyfriend tbh you need a guy who will support you And you can support them it’s not a one way street a relationship is mutual it’s not meant to benefit one person it’s meant to benefit both of you your boyfriend sorry to say is lazy and rude and disrespectful

0|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend is irresponsible and he needs to stop being lazy. If he doesn't mature and grow up, you need to leave him. Its understood that you have to do what you have to do to support your kids but have faith and you will be bless with another job.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand him disliking your work, insecure people get jealous. However to fix his insecurities he could get a job that paid enough for you to change profession. If he isn't willing to do that he has no right to complain.

As for what some people here are saying about when your kids find out, only kids of bad parents would care so I think you can ignore those comments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a terrible choice of work, but hey in this situation if it's getting those bills paid then why not.

Did your boyfriend work before and got laid off? Or does he just flat out refuses to work?

If he's not even looking for work I'd curb that bum.

0|0
    0|0
  • I read the other answers and your replys. Keep doing whatever you need to support your child. And please consider dumping him altogether. He seems to be a horrible partner. It can be a hard thing to do, and even risk, but you deserve better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suppose one aspect of loyalty is that your partners gives themself only to you. I guess what your doing would hurt some guys a lot. I personally would never get with a stripper. I wouldn't want the mother of my kiss posing in front of drueling perving guys. Nor for my own peace of mind. Not gonna make me feel very privaleged that's for sure.

0|0
    0|1
  • Ditch the loser. If you have to strip to make ends meat and he won't work. Don't waste your time with him

0|3
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• I feel like you and your boyfriend have bigger issues than you stripping. How is it ok that he is refusing to work? What makes you think he will eventually get off his ass and get a job? You may be stripping for a long time if he doesn't get it together.

1|2
    0|0
  • Tell him if he wants you to stop that bad he could get off his useless ass and get a fucking job. Yeah jobs are in short supply but fucking minimum wage at a shitty job is still some money which is better than the no money he's making now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want a lazy ass boyfriend? If he really doesn't want you to strip he would be looking for a job to support you and your kids. I'd say save a ton, quit and find a career, a better one if you don't plan on stripping as a long term thing and dumb his ass. He should be giving you shit if he isn't doing anything, you're doing what best for your family. If that was me I would dumb him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend 'WONT' work?
    Like he doesn't wish to?
    Cz if that is the case then I don't think he should object your way of making money
    And if he really hated it, he would be trying to find a job at least.
    For the both of you.
    (Since u didn't mention anything about him trying)

1|0
    0|0
  • Then tell your boyfriend to get up off his ass and get a job so you don't have to strip!! Seriously, why are you with someone like that, even if you do have a kid together? Find someone who isn't lazy and will work to help support you and your kid!

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it is unfortunate and personally I wouldn't be a stripper or go to a strip club. I'm glad it's not your career plan. Your boyfriend won't work yet he has the audacity to bitch about you becoming a stripper to support your family? Interesting...

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget what he thinks, he ain't paying no bills. You keep stripping, and when you get back on your feet you should continue stripping part time just to put some money away in a savings account

1|0
    0|0
  • I was contemplating as to whether or not I wanted to do the same thing a few years ago. Honestly don’t let people make you feel bad for doing what you feel is going to make great money. If he doesn’t want you to strip then tell him you’ll stop once he starts bringing in money too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you should leave your boyfriend because he sounds fucking useless.

If he isn’t going to step up to help you support your family, then he doesn’t get a say in your current profession.

1|0
    0|1
  • What the hells wrong with him any man who wouldn't get his lazy ass up n work before the thought of u being a stripper, is a worthless sob in my mind

1|0
    0|0
  • You have to do what you have to do, good source of income who cares if he hates it. Either yk you keep going and place to stay or quit and not have much

0|0
    0|0
  • he should be contributing as well. if you want to be a stripper thats fine but he is in NO PLACE to be critiquing you while he sits on his ass. tell him to get a job or get out. you should not be struggling and working hours for him to be freeloading off of you. he needs to get a job because he is being irresponsible. i have no problem at all with strippers i just think that if he let it get to the point where you have to strip for money he is not a good boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • He won't work and still has a problem with something he caused you to be doing? I am just gonna leave you to reflect on how stupid you are, and the poor example your man is setting for your kids, bye.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't see how your boyfriend can complain when he doesn't earn any money himself.

0|1
    0|1
  • Seriously? He is complaining about this yet he refuses to work.

0|1
    0|0
  • DUMP THE BITCH! He is no use, and quit your job. Selling your body is not the answer you can do better than that

0|2
    0|0
  • No. Because right now your family's wellbeing comes before his insecurities.

1|0
    0|1
  • Keep doing it. Not for your boyfriend but for your son. If you boyfriend tell you to quit tell him well I wanna see u get a job because girl it’s not fair the man just sits and sleep and eat all day long and you work... wtf? The man’s job in a family is to work outside the house to maintain his family and the women’s job is to do all the chores in the house, that’s how a happy strong family works. So if he tells you anything else about your job tell him to get his shit together and go find a job and then when he does you get a descent job and give the baby to a babysitter during the work hours ❤️ good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Ambivert

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him if he doesn’t like it he better get up off his lazy backside and pull his own weight in the family.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes