What frustrates you the most about Online Dating?

What frustrates you the most about Online Dating?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that it's impossible to really get to know someone, and getting to meet them face to face seems hard, too. The way online dating has been designed to work is too superficial. It's also frustrating that people are there with so many different agendas and most of them aren't looking for the same things.

1|4
    3|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How women would only have face pics on her profile, having a profile with almost no typed content in it.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Meeting a guy for the first time, watching him get drunk, and then getting angry when I won't go home with him.

This has happened more than once. Thankfully, that's all long past me now.

0|1
    0|0
  • The fact that someone could be batshit crazy and you can't really tell through chat.

2|2
    1|0
  • The apps are really terrible. And if you live in a small town you won't find anyone with interests similar to yours.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of men on there just want a quick lay. They say they want a relationship but act like they don't. So you're basically wasting your time

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't absolutely sure that he was telling the truth

0|0
    0|0
  • That people waste your time.

1|4
    0|0
  • The person is usually at least states away.

1|2
    1|0
  • the creeps

0|1
    0|0
  • That most people aren't after dating only sex..

1|0
    1|0
  • Pervs

0|1
    0|0
  • When you click with someone, then the fact that you probably not the only girl he is talking to.

1|0
    2|0
    • Yep. All it means is you've been narrowed down to their top 5 or 10 most likely..

• Its a joke. I would know

• I can't see my girlfriend offline because she lives too far away. That kinda saddens me more than frustrates me tho

2|0
    0|0
  • I tried it out for a month. Was tired of guys asking to hook up. Rather not be on it and prefer to meet people at social things instead.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• The concept of instant gratification and how us humans crave it doesn't lend itself well to OL dating and dating apps..

Don't get an instant reply from one person? No bother I've got 36 other matches waiting.

Also removes body language and tone so you can only rely on what someone is saying to read any given situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Take a look at it this way. You don't know who you're talking to. Let's say a really gentleman (attractive as well) wants to catch her attention. Well that's the problem. You have no idea how based off pictures and/or a short bio. I mean really get her attention. Another "poof" notification on her phone means nothing. In a world where we can read messages and choose not to respond but the sender sees it, that's 50% of the problem because people do that to their own friends and family. For girls who put up "not looking for hook-ups" this is 50/50. No girl wants to be called a slut. Just like most fat people don't like being called fat or reminded of their weight. 50% of the time she actually wants it, just no experience with the "slut" label. The other 50% are being truthful. But you wouldn't know because what you have to go off of is little to none. Everyone has a different reason for using (yes I'm talking about Tinder). Shit, if Jeffery Dommer was still alive he'd for sure be cat fishing women to snatch them up. I tried looking at this by putting myself in some high heels and getting that girl POV. If she's really attractive, she doesn't need tinder. She's on there for putting up social media accounts and getting more followers than Jesus Christ. Except Jesus would definitely follow back.

Everyone has this mindset like they have to have something to prove to the world. Hopefully it's just an extreme social phase, because those that aren't finding a means to prove something are making poor choices. A lot of which you can see on the news. It's like a shittier verison of the Renaissance except today the gold mine of creativity can be found in the graveyards because they were too afraid to be themselves and share who and what they are with the world. People need to be more open-minded and accepting. Being nice to strangers isn't cheating or flirting. You can be happy with everyone if you choose to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lack of responses. Its like women are only on there to either feed their ego or get more Instagram followers.

0|8
    1|0
  • the futility of it, the fact there's no way someone can really get to know another person unless they get off their high houres & make an actual connection. That I have no choice in the matter of whether or not I get to date because I am an option & apparently not a good one.

0|1
    1|0
  • Ghosts and women who are still in the 800 and still expect men to make the first move and then don't answer or ghost me after few messages or days. Now I am still online but just wait for them to message because then at least I know that they are really interested and I don't ghost

0|1
    0|0
  • When you say something first and she dosent reply at all

1|6
    1|0
  • It doesn't work because women who use it seem to all be detached from reality. Like it gives them a false sense of over valued SMV and it goes straight to their heads.

The same women you meet in person, who gets wet and wants to have your babies when she thinks about you, will treat you like pond scum if you were to have met online instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • at least in my country DK. a lot of women get 200 hits a day. So something around average or above is just another one in the flock. You'll nearly have to be 11/10 to spark interest in someone.
    - I don't hold grudges though. Given the choice I'd probably be the same. That's just the annoying truth. All of my previous relationships have been from work / education / hobby. So I'll stick with that!

0|0
    0|0
  • I really just want to meet females have sex and take it from there but all my dates have ended with a kiss. I feel like I have to offer a massage to just touch her. To top it all off it seems like she is looking for a rebound relationship and is a bit obtuse because of all the abuse they sufferer at the hands of a X 14 karat asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girls don't look the same as in their pictures. Once I was talking to this girl. She appeared to be cute in the pictures. I really liked her tho she was smart and funny. Then there was a bad day when I found out her fat ugly pics of herself. I was so disappointed and decided to stop talking to her.
    I was too nice to confront her about that tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • How girls ingore me. It doesn't matter, which site am I using, what I say to them or anything. Efectivelly, I don't exist.
    So…I don't waste my time with it anymore. Guess what? It's waaaayyyy better. So: fuck online dating, dating sites and apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten my fair share of dates out of it. Even 3 relationships. My biggest issue is that every girl is the same. There's rarely any connection... it's usually pretty boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • it feels futile if you want more than a quick lay, because the market is saturated with guys looking for an easy fuck... it doesn't matter what you say/do, there is some guy out there that is doing the same thing, but who is playing some sort of game... because of this state of affairs (and hypergamy i guess), women tend to find really nitty picky reasons to not bothering talking to someone... if you don't have exactly the right sorts of pics, and things to say there is really no point in participating... and if you are a genuine person who doesn't happen to fall into the accepted format, the odds are laughable that anyone will talk to you long enough to see who you are...

0|2
    1|0
  • The wait between messages, trying to hold a conversation over days/weeks/months without any interesting points being exchanged. The pure one-sidedness of it all is exhausting.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i say "no hoes thots, no p2p, no open relationships," and i get a few msgs a day from one of the mentioned

1|0
    1|0
    • can't believe i got a down vote for not wanting to buy sex or date a woman in a relationship lol by a woman infact WOW

• People who are dishonest on dating sites frustrates me the most.

2|0
    0|0
  • the fact that you only find bitches that want money or fucking airtime. i could literally choke a bitch.

0|0
    4|0
  • Perhaps that everyone is someone else online than in real life

1|1
    1|0
  • The cam girl profiles or tranny's that try and slip through

0|1
    1|0
  • It sucks.

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys