Whats the longest you have been single?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally without a woman? Man. It's been a while since I wasn't at least talking to a woman. I honestly couldn't answer that question.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Between relationships the longest has been little over six months, but I didn't start dating until I was 19.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• More than 30 years consecutively, heading toward 40 years consecutively, but I'm sure some of you have been this record by now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bout a year and a month going off of my relstionship last year. Broke it off because she seemed afraid to talk to me in public

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I've never had a friend and I'm about to turn 30 in a couple weeks. I kind of fear that I won't ever find someone special in life. I've dated, but never had a girlfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Let's see...

15 YEARS

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, let's see. 4 months and 3 weeks from now, it will be 34 years - give or take a few hours.

0|1
    0|0
    • Still quite an impressive record. Still haven't found anyone here that had been single for 40 years consecutively or longer. Guess we 30 and over singles throughout our life aren't that rare any more.

• As an adult it's been 16 years? Damn. I need a life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when? I was single for 18 years before I went to college.

0|0
    0|0
  • 20 years, being 20 years old, no first kiss, no girlfriend, never been on a date, been lonely sometimes but I’m normally a happy person

0|0
    0|0
    • Go for the record bro! When you make it to 40 or 50 you'll look back and realize, meh, and that relationships, etc. is just like "you mileage may vary".

• Not including the years before my first girlfriend, 2. I haven't had sex in two years either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I been Single for 15 years now , never found a new woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • May as well be all my life. A few months short of that after my only ex a little over ten years ago.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wish I could give you a high five too bro! Well at least, you can't say you didn't try, and it turned out to be a complete disaster.

• A disaster it was. I don't even know if we actually were dating by the time I broke up with her, but when I found out she was doing the same things with another guy that she had been doing with me, I did not want to continue. Important to note, we did not have sex.

• "Important to note, we did not have sex." Who cares! Too many people are obsessed with sex thinking it would bring them "happiness" or "fulfillment" just because it "feels good". Too many people are deluded and put sex on a pedestal.

Well there you had it, I feel sorry that it turned out to be a complete disaster, the way I see it, if it's your very first relationship, then it's really nothing more than a learning experience. Very few first time relationships end up in a marriage or become a family with kids, etc.

Figure out whatever it is that you really want to achieve and accomplish with your life and take good care of yourself, that's what matters most, never dwell on things like a disastrous relationship that happened in your past, because it simply is what it is, it's in your past and there's nothing you can really do to change what has already happened, so keep going forward.

• 1 month can't handle being without sex longer then that.

0|0
    0|0
  • 38 years

0|1
    0|0
    • All 38 years consecutively! Damn, you are already ahead of me, although not by a whole lot, my real age is in the mid-30s, forget about the age shown in my profile.

• Show All
    • I understand this but with out a reference to base experience from I can't make a solid judgment. Ok I don't expect it to make my life perfect, maybe some what more bearable perhaps. I have experience the pain of rejectetion before, many times actually. I can only imagine how an actual break up would feel.

• @Joelski440 I can tell that breakups, and all that drama and shit is WAY MORE miserable and painful to go through emotionally compared to choosing a life of solitude and remaining single indefinitely. But I guess it's different with everyone, some insist on trying no matter what the risks and outcome might turn out to be.

• 20 years

0|1
    0|0
  • 9 years

0|1
    0|0
  • 30 years give or take

0|1
    0|0
    • That's consecutive? Damn, I wish I could give you a high five bro!

• Show All
    • Just offering my perspective on it. My point is if you're unhappy about being single, don't dwell on it and realize that even those that are in relationships can be and are still miserable as we are, sometimes more, sometimes less.

• No I'm not unhappy about it, just can't bring myself to have a girl will I still live with my parents, the girls that wanted me to compromise my beliefs might be unhappy but that's life

• 7 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Years I guess?

0|0
    0|0
  • im single since more than 8 years now

0|0
    0|0
  • 17 years u silly question askers

0|0
    0|0
  • All of my life. I need a boo to love and care for.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19 years in counting.

0|0
    0|0
  • 13 years coming up on 14

0|0
    0|0
  • Eight years and counting.

0|0
    0|0
  • My whole life

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 years (since born still have no girlfriends)

0|0
    0|0
  • Since born

0|0
    0|0
  • 17 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• I've always been single.

0|3
    0|0
    • And how you feel about it?

• @JudgmentDay i want to find somebody but it has to be the right person.

• @jennifer_bloom And even then they could be right for you in the beginning of the relationship or for for quite some time, but then changes happen and things may not work out for both of you. I mean, otherwise, then explain why divorces, breakups, etc. are so frequent?

• I would say three years. I started dating last year, made a mistake and broke my celibacy, regretted it all along the way. Gone back to being by myself because I have money to make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Going on... Shit 6 years now. Thanks for making me think! Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before I met my ex boyfriend last year. I was single for 3 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was a baby to 20 .. But now I am with a boyfriend

0|0
    1|0
  • First boyfriend at 22 and I've been single 6 months and counting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physically almost 7 years and emotionally about 15 years

0|1
    0|0
  • March 2010-March 2017.

0|0
    0|0
  • 17 years and still counting😞

0|0
    0|0
  • Exactly 20 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since 2014...

0|0
    0|0
  • Since the second I was born and counting sadly

0|0
    0|0
  • my life lol

0|1
    0|0
  • 7 years

0|0
    0|0
  • 21 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19yrs lol

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 years

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 years at first, and now 7 years and counting.

0|0
    0|0
  • My whole life but happy to be single

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm let’s see, 15 years lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know i dont count

0|0
    0|0
  • I was single my whole life till i turned 19. Now im happy & taken~ the wait was long, but it was worth it tbh. Better to wait for the longest time to find the best than go through a series of shit people, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • 19 Years, 7 months, and 23 days :P

0|0
    0|0
  • My whole life...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes