Am I weird for not wanting a relationship? Are there any girls out there like me?

Ideally I'd like to have a girl to do things together go camping, chill out watch movies go on adventures etc I'd also like to have an active sex life but having a girl around me all the time intimately like that I think would get annoying I like my autonomy and I don't feel like I need someone around all the time to validate myself, I'm also not sure if I would want to be monogamous. Thoughts on this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's still a relationship, just not a very committed one. At my stage in life I would find that attitude a huge turn off but I'm sure lots of young girls would be ok with it.

0|2
    0|0
    • Aren’t you a independent strong woman? Why would you want a commitment from a man? Commitment to what?

• Show All
    • I agree but yiu just explained in your question how you don't want that...

• Your right I don't, my point is those who want committed relationships want all the fun too they just desire different things in life.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 22. There is plenty of time to find the right person and find a desire to settle down. I'd perfectly normal to not feel ready for that yet at your age

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know if there's many who would want a friends with benefeits type arrangement, looks like I'm stuck having flings.

• Show All
    • @Wollu what are you on about?

• My experience is that many people your age, regardless of gender, feel the same way.
      It might not always be so clearly stated however. Perhaps it will be a relationship, but both know it could end of circumstances change.
      Heck, I've had the long term relationships and only this lady one is something I truly feel will be forever

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Nope, not weird. I've had my fair share of relationships so it's really nothing important to me right now. I'm more focused on myself but if something happens unexpectedly, I'd be open to it. :) A lot of guys in their early adulthood and twenties don't want to commit anyway, nothing unusual.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i am ur replica. I like the feel of freedom and not getting calls at night to answer and all... I feel like i am full with myself and dont need smone to make me feel special cause i do it by myself just fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • At your age, that’s normal. Plenty of other people out there like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • same here ! i feel you ,, I am beautiful and i want to enjoy my single adventurous life,, commitment really scares me,, maybe down the road, but for now,, i want to be single and free

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a few friends like that but they don't care about sex either. Their just more focused on finishing college and getting their career.

0|1
    0|0
  • I totally get you.
    But I wouldn't be having sex at all.

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe, the girl is too tired of having sex with you. Or maybe lack of interest

0|1
    0|0
  • It's normal, you can enjoy your freedom and experience many things

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course u not

0|1
    0|0
  • There are plenty of girls out there that enjoy that stuff

0|1
    0|0
  • I get you. People keep telling me I have not found the right guy if I do not want him around me all the time. So, I just been going out and having fun too.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• It’s very reasonable. Relationship means you have to sacrifice your life to her. And even this won’t be enough on the long term. Don’t do it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha agreed though I'm not quite sacraficing my life but I wouldn't be living on my own terms.

• Then you will have my life. No ltr only short relationship. Because she will ask for full commitment. Which is a fancy word for submission and sacrifice.

• Do what you want to do and stick by your guns. You probably won't feel the same way forever but it's mission-critical in life to do what you think is right for you in the present. Seek and ye shall find.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's normal and when you find someone special you will change your mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many woman don't like labels so they just do friends with benefits

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I'm kind of the same

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's just a personal preference

0|1
    0|0
  • Not weird