How do I know if a guy sees me as just a friend?

How do I know if a guy sees me as just a friend?
How do I know if Im friendzoned?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If you know him since a while, for sure, it is *at least* a friendship. Did you see some differences in his behaviour between now and at the beginning when you met him? Do you talk to him about your love issues? Maybe he can have also the feeling to be friendzoned. Has he others girls-buddies? Is there a week without news from him? Is he your colleague? There are no secret. It is also difficult for men to know. Easier to take the risk to date someone when you have just meet her but when the friendship is here, we can be afraid to cross the line and loose at the same time a friend and a potential girlfriend. If you share a lot of time together and it is not his behaviour to have a lot of girls-buddies can be a clue. Does he compliment you? Sometimes it is better to rip off the bandage and make the change in your relationship in order to know instead of waiting something will maybe never come.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The only part I agree with you on is if he's talking about other girls he likes with her. But the hanging out with same friends and introducing her as a friend not a give a way. I always say this is my friend blah blah... That's the norm for introductions.

0|0
    1|0
    • You honestly just need to make some kind of move or ask him. Guys aren't like girls they don't put out signals and therefore, may miss a signal from us here and there. Guys are Straight forward. Also, if they think they waited too long and are deep in the friend zone they won't make a move for fear of rejection, losing you as a friend, making things awkward.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• It seems like you obviously want to be more than friends? So make a move! I was best friends with a girl and didn’t realize that I loved this girl until she made a suggestive move and I was able to see her in a whole new light. Make that move!

1|2
    0|0
  • If he sees you as a friend, he generally won't give compliments about your appearance. Or feel the need to give that many. And they'll be less casual (at least to start)

"You look beautiful" vs "you're cool, I like you"

0|1
    0|0
  • The best way to find out is to ask him if he wants to just be friends or does he like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He starts talking about how girls see him in a dating sense. Asking for your advice with other girls even.

0|0
    0|0
  • He includes you in guy chat. Calls you dude. Touches or plays around with you and there's no awkwardness or tension

0|0
    0|0
  • I think one thing would be if it's been a long time that you have known each other and he hasn't made a move yet

0|0
    0|0
  • If he says about other girla attraction to you... CONGRATULATIONSS... you are FRIENZONED...

0|0
    0|0
  • He treats you as a friend and doesn't treat you anymore than just friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's not interested in sleeping with you then you be friended

0|0
    0|0
  • Easiest way is to communicate your confusion. If it gets weird laugh at it

0|0
    0|0
  • many ways
    1- he doesn't flirt you
    2- he doesn't stare at you

0|0
    1|0
  • He will be always in hurry of something when talking to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • By making a move and gauging his reaction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can I get more information on the scenario?

0|0
    0|0
  • Asks advice about other girls.

0|0
    0|1
  • If he says "let's just be friends"

0|1
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want to have sex with you

0|0
    0|1
  • He acts like a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him directly

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ask him straight up

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• If you hangout in the same friend group and he treats you like one of his guy friends. If he introduces you as his friend (“this is my friend, Julie”) to others. If he talks about other girls he likes to you.

0|0
    1|0
    • He might say that if he thinks she doesn't like him and doesn't want to make it weird.

• I don’t think it would be weird to introduce someone with just their name, (i. e. “this is julie”). When guys introduce me as their friend—They are indirectly telling me that we are ONLY friends. But you would know if this isn’t the case because you’re a guy.

• Well, I guess it's really hit or miss, which makes it unreliable really...

Recommended myTakes