1 y

If we both love each other, but can’t be together. Do you think he will ever come back?

My ex broke up with me two weeks ago because of family pressure and his family telling him it doesn’t work etc- he was under a lot of work/life stress and having a nervous breakdown, that he had to end it. I was devastated and could tell he didn’t want to end it. He’s going to therapy too.

I thought I wouldn’t hear from him, but 5 days before my bday (Thursday) he called me to tell me he wants to see me on my bday, even if it’s for 5 mins. When it came to meeting him, it was so emotional, I cried like clockwork when I opened his card and his gift - it was a very sentimental gift and in his card he wrote he will always love me. And I actually gave him his Valentine’s Day gift on my bday because we broke up a few days before it and he was very emotional as they were something he’s always wanted, and I happened to buy the right ones.

He told me he wasn’t expecting me to be emotional and thought I’d have a princess syndrome that this guy wants me back etc. Instead I was sad and didn’t want to leave - I told him I want to be around him and I don’t want to go home and he said ‘I know me too’. He says he doesn’t want to string me along, but he also wasn’t expecting to be this emotional, he doesn’t know what to do and he said he needs to do things differently and things need to change for him to be happy (his family ties him down and is against me being a different race as he’s Indian).

As I was leaving, he walked me to my platform and secretly watched my train go - it was very different to the time he broke up with me. Even when I got home, for the first time he texted me in the same manner as when we were together using ‘sweetheart’ and that he will always be there, and cares about me and will always love me.

Do you think he will ever come back? I know he misses me, I know he still feels things or else he wouldn’t had got me the particular gift. I feel because of his family, he doesn’t know what’s right or wrong. Should I continue to give him space? Is there hope?
2
0