Would you look at your partner's social media accounts?

If they gave you their password, would you look out of curiosity? Why or why not?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This is such a great question that has a lot of controversy that comes with it. It goes back and forth between people! Personally I wouldn't want to look at my significant others social media. Why? because one of the main things that has to be a part of every relationship... Trust! If you don't trust your partner then whats the point of being in a relationship with them? Now i understand A lot of people would definitely do it because they've been hurt and cheated on in the past. Issues like that come down to a simple thing, maybe you're not ready for a relationship and you should work on yourself until you're actually ready to read and recognize the signs of the people that will want to hurt you! In the end the important thing is to have that trust among each other to have a stable and healthy relationship. Remember... Karma eventually catches up with everyone.
    Don't be afraid to hit that follow button!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and I know eachother’s passwords for everything and have our prints programmed into the phones. We trust eachother enough to not peruse. Sometimes we jokingly photobomb eachother’s Facebook page if one of us leaves our phone at home. We also sometimes go into eachother’s email if we need to print or fax something. We don’t have everything networked yet, do forwarding it is easier. (And the cats steal the thumb drives). We even have eachother answer eachother’s phones and texts if we have our hands busy. We have total trust.

Funny story, my husband set a new password for his computer and mistyped it twice. He couldn’t figure out how to get onto his computer. He told me what the password was supposed to be and I cracked it in 10 min (compared to his 2 hours) and corrected the password. Us working on eachother’s computers is what started the password sharing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Nope, no interest in snooping. I don't have anything to hide personally but every relationship needs trust in order to work and everybody has to have a little section of their lives that is their own. I wouldn't want my partner accessing and checking every single thing I do, so I wouldn't do it to her.

I'm not her dad and she isn't my mom. We are husband and wife and were grown adults. I do know her passwords, but I still don't check anything because it's none of my business.

It's not just about trust but also about respect. If you have nagging feelings and must know everything your partner is doing online, then you have a lot of insecurities, serious trust issues and one would have to question your ability to be in a relationship in the first place.

Of course if you have evidence or there is a high degree of suspicion that your partner is doing something shady behind your back, go snooping around and prove it.

But you better be right. If you are right you then have enough justification to dump their ass. Of course if you are wrong, then you just proved that you don't trust your partner and you can't be trusted yourself... Either way the relationship is over. The only difference in either case is who ends up looking like the d*ck.

0|0
    0|0
  • The second I'm suspicious with good reason I'll be downloading her Facebook data, Google data, asking Siri to read me out unread inbox messages cause that's all she'll tell you without unlocking the phone. But if I'm not suspicious then I don't care and don't need to turn into a monster lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, breach of privacy at most plus the fact that it would show I have no trust in what she does online.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she gave me her sign-in info, I'm assuming she wouldn't mind me looking so I might. I'm really not the jealous type so I probably wouldn't bother though. If she didn't want me to actually look, that's fine too. I won't stress over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did they say anything to tell me not too? If so no way. If they dropped hints they don't want me to I still won't but if they don't care and I'm curious it seems inevitable.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because i rather eat the cereal, than just look at the box.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it would be rather boring, anyone on her friend list that isn't on mine are people I don't know very well so I would be that interested in their posts.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they feel comfortable with me doing that then they must of deleted something to make themselves look innocent

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, simply because I just dont care for social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i had a partner i wouldn't be in her personal email all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I had. I doubt have been strung along while she cheated with her ex

0|0
    0|0
  • Social media bores me

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope unless she wanted me too

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's dull AF

0|1
    0|0
  • No, bc they don’t look at my lol 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • 24/7

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have social media, so no?

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah probably once or twice just out of insecurity lmao

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• No. I wouldn't want to know his password in the first place. I don't even look at his social media logged in as myself.

0|2
    0|0
  • Me and my husband used to have sepperate accounts but ended up have the same friends and family on each one so we combined our accounts into one we have always trusted each other so it truly didn't matter we never had anything to hide we never snooped on each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, it would actually turn me off. I get annoyed with others quick so the fact that we both are private introverted isolationist really works. We only show what we find worth showing. Other than that we don't really ask to look into one others social anything. It comes when it's necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was with my ex I didn't look, I guess I didn't really care and one time he let me play a game on his phone while he was changing his brother diaper and I told him " you have a message from a girl name Sam" and he just told me swipe it right to get rid of it so I can continue playing. I didn't touch it or I didn't go on Facebook either.
    It's just not something I would do.
    Same goes for my boyfriend, he let me on his xboxone account so we can gameshare and I never read his messages.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My SO has has logins and passwords n stuff saved. If I wanted to look all I gotta do is hit the button. Never looked in. 4yrs cuz I got better shit to do with my time.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex boyfriend and I had access to each other's Facebook's. Every now and then it started a small argument.
    I think looking back, I wouldn't do it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause it’s private and I may regret it. What if I see something that I don’t like? I’m not good at keeping things in. I’d want to talk about it but feel guilty and afraid.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we’re dating I have no problem sharing Social Media account cause I don’t wanna hide things I fill if your hiding something my instincts telling me there cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is good to be willing to share the info. But I have never chosen to look.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend doesn't have any so I can't look at anything 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably just post dumb shit on his account

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it. I'm not really interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Not my business.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the day tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • If he gave me his password of course I'd look

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes