Do you think it's okay to date best friends exes?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends (explain below)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. If they had a bad break up or they are still hung up on them, it could damage your friendship. Your friend may not want to hang with you while you are seeing her ex because of their past. She could feel betrayed that you are dating her ex and not taking her side and share her opinion that he is a bad guy. So it is always best to ask her how she feels about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If the friend is okay with it. Because the thing is, while they might not have been right for each other, there is a possibility that you and him are a good match. I wouldn't ignore a person just because my best friend didn't work out with them.

1|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Depends on why it didn't work out. Sometimes perfectly nice people just aren't right for each other. Maybe they are sexually incompatible, or don't have enough in common. I dated a woman for some years who ended up married to the ex-husband of a good friend of , hers. I got invited to my ex-girlfriend's birthday party and it was really cool: me (her ex-boyfriend), my new girlfriend, her new husband and her husband's ex-wife and their kids were all there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure how it is with girls but, with guys it is not okay. There is the occasional scenario where a guy will fall for his friends ex but, if he is respectful, will talk to his friend about it and ask him/her if they are alright with it and must be able to convince the friend that they truly and wholeheartedly want to be with said ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • for men its no wayy, i would neve jeopardize a friendship a girl really dosent matter at that point i want to keep my friendship they are really cool people and a girl wouldn't ruin it, and i ouldnt ever date her bec its just a no brainer never to really cross

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not ever. Its just poor conduct. Unless they aren't really a friend but an associate

0|0
    0|0
  • Any friend who even considers dating another friends ex (with or without consent) is an awful human being.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think that's a good idea even if they have their blessing they will subconsciously hate you two.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, if you're compatible. Why not.
    Why should someone affect your chance of happiness.
    True friends want you to be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, but i think it is okay as long as they have properly moved on (dont have feels and are not in denial of having them)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's best to ask them for permission first, sounds weird or old fashioned but it shows that you're concerned about their opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • If you talked to them about it and your friend was ok with it then I’d say sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes as long they have finished. Sadly some couples are a part but could get back together !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you talk to the friend about it and they are okay with it then I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are thinking to date with bff exes, then she is not your bff.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you discuss it with them and they say it's okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only with your friends permission.

0|1
    0|0
  • They're not with them anymore, so yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Also Hell No!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, sounds like a bad idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. Anyone who does that is not a friend.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• It's literally not OK unless the girl says "Hey you know it didn't workout with me and my ex, but honestly we eneded on good terms and because I know you both so well I seriously think you two should try dating." Which I've only seen happen once... and they did end up getting married... but this is clearly not common at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • So I'm assuming this means your best friend's ex? Well, if they're your best friend, you should be able to discuss this sort of thing with them. Talk to them about how you feel towards their ex. If they're okay with it, go ahead! If they're not, give it some time, then ask again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. Its almost a dig at your friend, and unless it's your kink, you're getting leftovers from your friend. Don't know about you, but I'd rather not 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends completely on how long ago you broke up, why you broke up, are there still feelings there, etc. I'm friends with my ex from 5 years ago but I wouldn't dream of being friends with my most recent ex. Just look at pros and cons

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no law against it but that's not a right thing to do in regards to the feelings your best friend has for this person. If my best friend did this to me they're not even my friend anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • If your friend was okay with. I'm glad my friend and I have different taste in guys so we never had this problem really. I wouldn't let him come between you and your best friend though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s disgusting.
    It’s betrayal.
    It means you are not trustworthy and you might go behind her back and get her boyfriends... it’s best to date other people.
    How can a friend be happy with someone who hurt her friend?
    Bring that person around and expect everything is going to be fine, knowing damn well she’s suffering for that person that you are know kissing and licking and holding hands in her face?
    It’s super tucked up. I would never date my friends exes.
    I also think that because you can’t get any on your own, that’s how you prove yourself that you can get someone too.
    (Not you just a way of explaining things. )
    It’s a weak move to make

0|0
    1|0
  • I'd say talk about it with your friend before getting involved. Depending on the circumstance of their split, and how long ago it happened, there might not be any issues.

If they say that they aren't comfortable with idea of having their ex around, then really it becomes a personal choice in deciding what's more important--keeping your best friend or having that relationship.

Personally I think hurting a best friend is worse than possible love lost, but I understand there's a lot of factors and circumstance surrounding this kind of scenario and there isn't a black and white answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Girl code, your friendship will never be the same afterwards. I’d pick my besties over any guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u asked ur best friend about it and made sure it's ok with her and depending on the reason they broke up

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if their over them. If they have dated someone else after that person then sure but if the break up was recent then he’ll no

0|1
    0|0
  • If the friend is okay with it sure, why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you enjoy sloppy seconds, go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... one of mine would break down

0|0
    0|0
  • No way

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not good

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not okay