• It depends
    Vote D
  • I am a vegetarian
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was going to suggest this is an odd question, but considering 48 people voted "no," the world is upside down to me. I can't fathom a good reason for not dating a vegetarian.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure as long as he does not try to turn me into one

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Vegetarian, yes. Vegan, no way.

I've learned that some for medical conditions (like celiac disease), being a vegetarian is very beneficial. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™‚ Veganism, there's just too many nutrients being left out for it to be anything other than a lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ™„

0|1
    1|0
    • Do you believe there are essential nutrients in meat that can't be found in fruits, vegetables, legumes and nuts?

• Veganism is actually even healthier than vegetarianism.

• @Chaz269, I honestly don't know, but I'd be surprised if there was! ๐Ÿ˜

The thing with meat is I know it can provide some nutrients faster than other sources. But like all things the key is moderation. I personally don't follow a scripture like I should, where it says meat should be eaten SPARINGLY. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‰

Though one thing many (including myself at times) forget, is we all have different bodies so like how Vegetarianism worked well for that girl I knew with celiac disease, it won't work the same way for me. ๐Ÿค”

• People here say it's fine as long as they're not forced to take the same lifestyle, but you need to realise that if you live together with a vegetarian it will be VERY difficult to each live your own lifestyle. It's a difficult thing to do that costs a lot of planning, work, and even money because of the different diets. Let alone the different ideologies

2|0
    0|0
    • I've done it. It's not as difficult as you make it seem. A little creativity and some compromise goes a long way, really.

• I'm basically a vegetarian already and will probably become vegan at some point, so of course. Dietary preferences/requirements shouldn't really affect getting a relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • If she is fine with me eating meat too, then I am fine with her eating only veggies.

I dont eat that much meat anyway, maybe twice a week, but I wouldn't want to miss it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would prefer to date a vegetarian, actually. I'm trying to make the switch, and having a partner who was already there would definitely help.

2|0
    0|0
  • A vegetarian is a woman too she has a fuckable vagina. She can love she has feelings. Sure I date

3|0
    1|0
  • I don't mind being with a vegetarian. But to be honest, I love a mix of meat and vegetables. My ideal one would be "sometimes vegetarian, sometimes not."

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean... does it really matter? As long as they aren't trying to force me to be a vegetarian then I don't really care about stuff like that..

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I been myself, dated a vegan and been with a vegetarian...

1|0
    0|0
  • A vegetarian, yes, but never a vegan because vegans can't swallow ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

1|0
    0|0
  • It is difficult and you just don't get enough to eat. I will turn into malnutrition case.

1|1
    1|0
  • Da meats is good for me. And I want to enjoy such, and kinds of fare with meat in it, with the person I go out to eat with.

0|0
    2|0
  • No because I want to share my love for steaks with others and I didn't say meat because you know why.

0|0
    2|1
    • Da meats is good for me. And I want to enjoy such, and kinds of fare with meat in it, with the person I go out to eat with.

• Never trust someone who turns down a good steak. I hate that self righteousness.

0|0
    1|0
    • Why do you equate self righteousness, with wanting to have a good diet and good health, and a longer and happier life?

• Show All
    • And your study, backed up by peer review, that finds narcissism is a side effect of veganism? I have know a number of vegans, and not one of them was a narcissist.

• @markscott Spotted the autistic guy.

• As long as she doesn't try to make me a vegetarian and doesn't mind I'm nit gonna be one, than yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if she doesn't care that I like eating meat then yes

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as they don't try to change my diet or guilt trip me I'll happily go out with them

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I have and I can't say it wasn't annoying sometimes, but after a while you get used to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they don't bully me for what I eat we should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she respects my eating choices then yes I would date her.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they didn't push their beliefs onto me, then yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if she judged me for not being one or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but i don't want to be bothered and pushed around to become one too

0|0
    0|0
  • If they donโ€™t push it on me than sure. I wonโ€™t push my diet on them either. Mutual respect is key.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on if they were obnoxious and super preachy about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not! Aren't they humans?

1|1
    0|0
  • I married one. I am not.

2|0
    0|0
    • How wonderful! Out of curiosity, what is it like?

• Show All
    • Nice! I'm glad it worked out for the two of you naturally. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Lol, until I ruined it! Lol

• Absolutly fucking not, cows before hoes

0|2
    1|0
  • bitch i AM vegetarian!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• As long as they don't try and stop me from eating meat. I'm down to trying new Vegetarian dishes and I'm certainly open to eating more vegitarian meals than meals with meat. I'm just not ready to let go of meat completely. As long as they can accept that, I'm cool with it.

0|1
    1|0
  • I'm a vegetarian so I surely won't have any problem dating one. I don't mind dating a non vegetarian either, I won't stop them from eating whatever they like ๐Ÿ˜Š

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't understand why someone's food preferences should be a factor for not being dated...

1|1
    0|0
    • I think it's more about the fear of being forced into being a vegetarian by the significant other, not the preference itself... that deters some from dating a vegetarian.

• Show All
    • Ehem... I mean it this way. If you don't mind me eating meat despite you being a vegetarian.. it's a different story. :)

• Sorry to hear that asker, guess we would never be compatible then, lol.

I honestly wouldn't change such a huge factor of my life for someone I was just getting to know, etc...

• No I love meat and if it worked out Iโ€™d have to cook 2 dinners for the rest of my life

Iโ€™d be a bit more empathetic if they HAD to be a vegetarian for a reason but they will kill the same amount of cows whether 1 person is a veggie or not

0|0
    1|0
  • I am basically dating a vegetarian. Haha - I mean she is one of my best friends and we live together so.. Sheโ€™s a great cook and I eat her food as well at least 3-5 times a week

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as they donโ€™t expect me to become vegetarian or brag about it every second of the day, I would date them

0|2
    2|0
  • No. I can't see any way in which that would work. Food is an important social thing; we celebrate with food, comfort each other with food, share our family traditions through food, etc.
    I also have moral/social objections to vegetarianism so there's that as well.
    There's no way I could feel fully comfortable around a vegetarian person so, I definitely couldn't date one.

0|0
    1|0
    • Well, I don't do any of those things regarding food. I eat and savor it. And would like to connisseur over it with another person. Though meat is in the fare I eat. So what are these moral and social objections to vegetarianism?

• "I don't do any of those things regarding food"
      I call bullshit. You've never once attended a birthday party full of food? An anniversary/graduation dinner? A wedding reception? Haven't you ever had a birthday cake? Those are all celebrations that revolve around food. Like I said, it's a part of every culture on earth.

• In my early twenties, I began refusing Culture, particularly celebratory, observational things. I observe no Cultural occasions. Not my birthday, not those of my family, nor my parents' anniversary, not Christmas, not social holidays, nothing. I need none to have a good time in life. Some of those events my family gather over, simply due to time of year in some cases, and I attend because they're available to spend time with. I have little other in-person social interaction, partly because I have no sentiment for Cultural observance. Certainly I am single in part because of it. I also don't watch TV, especially not sports.

• No, I think it would be too difficult even if my partner accepted me as a meat eater.

0|1
    1|0
  • My boyfriend is one! Not me ๐Ÿ˜‚ i make him cook cause i wouldn't know what to cook for both of us

0|0
    1|0
  • Eh, I would but I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d be able to cook for them. So I donโ€™t think weโ€™d work out.

0|0
    1|0
  • Iโ€™ll never date anyone because nobody wants to date me

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not? As long as they didn't judge me for not being one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

1|1
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m vegan sooooo โœŒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’š

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure why not

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as I can still eat meat, we are all good

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah, but I will continue eating meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But only if he don't try to change me

0|0
    0|0
  • Never
    They are crazy

0|1
    2|1
  • Yes of course!

1|0
    0|0
  • absolutely, id really happy to try making new foods, trying new foods and adapting to that sort of diet (in the kitchen). i find it interesting

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like they would have a positive impact on my health so why not I need to eat more veggies anyways

2|0
    0|0
  • Have before. Makes no difference to m

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I love meat too much and need someone who loves steak as much as me.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes