Can someone’s name increase or decrease their attractiveness?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure
    Vote C

1228

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, to an extent. If a person is named "Hitler" or "Stalin" for example, it would be very unattractive in my opinion because it would remind me of ideologies I'm strongly disagreeing with. (Nazism and fascism). I would also find names with other nasty meanings a bit bad sounding too. If someone's name was "Buse", "Busemann" or "Baesh" for example, that wouldn't be a good thing either. "Buse" and "Busemann" literally means "mucus" or "nose slime" in Norwegian, while "Baesh" or "Bæsj" means "poop". Norwegian is my native language.

But I'm fine with most names and do usually feel indifferent about them. There's names I don't like that wouldn't necessary decrease the attractiveness of a person if the person had other good qualities. I don't like old-fashioned names like "Olga", "Helga", "Helge", "Borghild", "Ingeborg" etc. I don't like names like "Aisha", "Muhammad", Abdullah" etc. either. But I would be okay with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't call people by their name, so it makes no difference to me.