Do tall guys only go for tall girls?

I’m fairly tiny (5’2” and 91lbs) and the guy I like is 6’5”, I worry that because I’m so small he views me as childlike. I’ve wanted to ask him out on numerous occasions but I don’t know how he’d feel about dating a short girl, I’ve never asked anyone out before or been asked out so I’m extremely nervous. Do tall guys usually prefer tall girls?

• Generally, yes
    Vote A
  • Sometimes
    Vote B
  • Generally, no
    Vote C
  • Guys don’t care about height.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say as a general rule, we don't care that much about height. I mean, some guys get this whole inferiority complex about guys that are taller than them, but as an average it doesn't matter. I personally have a bit of a thing for tall girls but in terms of the people I've dated there's really no pattern on height.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think height matters. Unless a guy would feel insecure about being shorter than his partner. Take Kevin Hart for instance, his wife is definitely a lot taller than he is. But it all depends on what a guy likes. I feel most guys like shorter girls though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• No. My girlfriend is a foot shorter than I am. That's not quite as big a difference as your case, but pretty close.

Ideally I'd like her to be closer to my height but when someone great comes along and is shorter that is not a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • C or D.

Some tall guys prefer tall girls. Some prefer short girls. There’s a big mix. Generally speaking though most guys don’t care that much about height if they’re taller than the girl. Which means, effectively, tall guys don’t care much about height since they’re taller than almost all girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shorter women usually like tall guys, so it usually happens where like 5'2 women go out with 6'3 guys.

5'3 and 5'4 women want taller guys, too, but usually they are happy to date average men, though - 5'8-6"

Which is why most people are average height.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a short girl and having that big of a difference isn't preferred I'd think at least to me it isn't, but neither is it a deal breaker though. As long as I find you attractive by your personality and physical features then the height doesn't really matter. My last ex was around 5'3 and I'm 6'4, but it didn't bother me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly like a woman that's shorter than me, I'm 6'2 I'd like a girl that's like 5'5 and lower I don't know just something I like about short girls lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy. If we're talking about long term relationships, I'd prefer taller women because I'm tall myself and I'm not a fan of height differences.

However, hookups, fuckbuddies, friends with benefits, etc. I'd be fine with any height.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm about 190 cm and the girl I've been in love with since 2nd grade is like 163 cm tall. It was unfortunately unrequited love. I think you have plenty of chance, naturally men want to protect women and small, pretty things, use it to your advantage.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm moderately tall at 6'2" and I don't care about height. If I find her attractive and I like her figure and think she's a fun, sweet person I don't care if she's 4'10" or 6'6".

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6 foot 7 tall, and height hasn't been an issue. It's nice to have an elbow rest sometimes. At least you know he will still sit next to you on the couch because you won't take all of it up when laying down. He will tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you are not tiny
    You have good height
    And Infront of him you will look cute if he found you cute and I believe he will cause most of the guys found girl of short height cute😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Being 6'7 I really don't care about height, there's small and there's small 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Im 6'3, my partner is 5'2, it's really not an issue at all. I definitely don't think of her as childlike.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him how you feel. From experience, I know there are advantages to having a woman much smaller than you--lots of FUN advantages.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife is slightly shorter than me and it’s perfect.. I’m short by today’s standards though 5’9” and she’s 5’7”

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never cared about height I am 6'3" + cafts, legs, and butts in general look great when wearing high heals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol at "guys don't care about height." Uh... yes we do. We like short girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would ask out a girl who is 5'2'' my mom is 5'3'' and my dad is 6'1'' so no guys like shorter girls just depends on the guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • guys do not care about height
    as long as you have fit body and are nice looks and are his type

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys only care if you are as tall or taller than them. Nothing else.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what I've seen, most tall guys PREFER smaller girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Short girls looks more cute , and many guys agree with that

1|0
    0|0
  • I`m 6"8 (1.95 meters or so) and the girl i love is like 1.60 m. That`s a very big difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • They prefer short girls. Sadly nearly every girls prefer tall guys :/

0|0
    0|0
    • not true! i prefer shorter guys, as long as they’re taller than me. i’m 5’3 (160cm) lol

• I am decently tall, and I, personally don't like short girls because I don't want short kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'1 and I prefer girls being under 5'5. It's sexy af

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm on the tall side (6'2) and I prefer tall girls but it's really not that big of a deal to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'3" and I prefer taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes womanlets such as yourself don't get tall men

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 6'1" and prefer women shorter than 5'3"

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine don't worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on the guy.
    I'm 4'11 and lots of guys that wer 6ft and up ask me out.
    My first boyfriend was 6'3 and my ex was either 6'2 or 6'3 as well. The guys I date all avergage around 6ft the talles was 6'4. So if he likes you he will date you regardless of height. Some guys finds it adorable dating a girl who is short.

1|0
    1|0
  • I feel like it depends on the guy but I'm 5'3 and usually only tall guys date me but I like guys usually as long as their taller than me.😂 Most tall guys do find short girls attractive though. I personally find them hot because it makes me feel safe and dominated.

0|1
    0|0
  • My good friend is 5'1" and her husband is 6', my boyfriend is 6'4" and I am only 5'9"

0|0
    0|0
  • Again I don't fucking care about height

0|1
    1|0
  • I’d say it depends on how tall he is. This guy I know that’s really tall only dates tall girls as even then they’re still fairly smaller than him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes