(Love triangle) Should I go with my brain or my heart?

I met these two guy's 6months ago, guy 1 is a year older than me and he's planning on joining the army, he's sweet and kind, as soon as we first met each other we were best friends, spending everyday together and I'm completely crazy for him but lately I've been getting fed up of waiting for him to tell me his true feelings as I've told him mine. like I said before he's very sweet but he sometimes doesn't understand and is careless with my feelings, we also don't have much in common at all. Sometimes I feel he's going to end up braking my heart as he's already unintentionally hurting my feelings and I've sent many nights crying myself to sleep over him because he's not being straight with me and confusing me.

Guy 2 is 23, has a lot more life experience then guy 1, he's got a master's degree in computer science and electric engineering and even though he comes from a extremely privileged and wealthy family , he's not had any help from them to get were he, he's, unlike another guy I know. The only thing is he's very cocky, has some anger issues, thinks he can have whatever he wants without asking for it and brags a lot about his life to try and impress me.

When I first met guy 2 I had to sit in his office and we wouldn't speak; it was very awkward, till one day he came and gave me something of mine from the post and we hit it off as soon as we started talking. At first I thought he was gay but then we went to a party together and he tried to get me drunk and sleep with me. The next day we had a massive fight about it and then he told me he was sorry and that he was in love with me and he couldn't control himself but I don't love him back I JUST can't I'm crazy for guy 1 even though he steps allover my feelings and doesn't have as much determination as guy 2.

I think I could learn to love guy 2 with time and he make sure I was looked after and I think If I went with guy 1 it be a very short, passionate relationship and then he'd move on and brake my heart.

1948

Most Helpful Guys

• Forget guy 2. Maybe guy 1 is just having difficulty opening up. If he's not experienced in doing it it can be really hard to do. I'd say persist with guy 1, try to get more out if him on why he's not opening up. If you don't get anywhere, it may be he's not capable of doing it at this point in his life. You may need to let go of him too

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • This whole scenario is shit. Go look for an entirely new guy. Both of these guys are shit. Go find the guy that has one degree can interpret, reciprocate your feelings and isn't on some fucking loser joining the army shit. That way he won't try to get you drunk to sleep with you, you'll have a chance at love, and hopefully a long lasting relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• DONT CHOOSE ANY OF THEM GIRL PLEASE.
    DEFINITELY NOT THE SECOND GUY.
    do u realise what it means that he wanted to have sex with a drunk you all because he couldnt "control" himself. u knw it could have led to a rape god forbid.
    dont take him at all. u myt go for his money but ultimately you ll end up regretting ur decision. he will never respect you coz he doesn't respect u as a person even now. avoid him at all costs.
    and you can try with the first guy. guve him some time. be outrught and see if it works out. see if he undsrstands in a few months. otherwise u gotta leave him.
    the first guy might break ur heart but in second guy s case u urself will break ur heart.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Guy #1 sounds like you enjoy what he could be right now, but with no real options of him staying around- it sounds like an obvious no-go. Starting a relationship while a guy is in the army is just not emotionally healthy for you. You clearly need someone that you can be close with physically and emotionally.

Guy #2 sounds like someone you think you are supposed to be with (like he is your plan B), but is clearly not for you. It would be selfish to lie to your heart and to him.

Consider these quotes:
    - "The right attention from the wrong guy during a lonely time could fool you into thinking that he might be the one."
    - "Don't settle for a relationship that won't allow you to be yourself."
    - "An intelligent person will open your mind, a handsome man will open your eyes and a gentleman will open your heart."
    - "You can be everything that you need. You can be your own hero. All you need to do is learn to love yourself."

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE