I'm not into hookup culture. Why do I get so much hate for it?

So I'm a 19 year old guy who'll be turning 20 in May. I've never had a girlfriend and I'm still a virgin. I personally never plan on having casual sex of any kind (hooking up, FWBs, etc) for my own personal reasons. I've made a couple posts on here, briefly mentioning it and I've gotten some negative responses for it. Why do people care so much with what I choose to do with my own body? I'm fully open to having a girlfriend, but the casual sex just isn't for me. Let me know what you think.

1418

Most Helpful Girls

• You're completely free to do what you like with your own body. I agree. And they have no right to criticise you for that. And if they had that right, then you would also have had the right to to criticise them about them not liking how you wanna live your life. Which means everyone should be the same, right?
    Not sure if that makes sense but I think a lot of people should shut the fuck up and stop nosing into other people's lives. No one should tell no one how to live their life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well everyone is subject to someone's opinion. We all have the right to voice our opinion.

• @potatoisme Just ignore him. He's an idiot.

• @idsjdsjds Are you upset? You sound angry.

• I completely agree with you. I’m not into hook up culture either. I would never judge anyone who is but it just isn’t my cup of tea. Ignore the people who give you hate for it. It is your body to do what you want with, it’s no one else’s business.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well let me ask you this.. do you have a boyfriend?

• Lol how petty is that 😂😂😂 he’s unbelievable, talk about being butthurt 😂

• Can you please pm me? I noticed you were a moderator and seem very nice. I really need some help.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Hook up culture doesn't really exist. People are so scared of getting hurt that very few people are actually doing any hooking up at all. It's just popular to act like you're into it. I've had casual sex, honestly, it was some shitty sex.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I've received hate for clearly stating my disgust for hookups and the like. All I did was state my opinion and how disgusted I get. They take it the wrong way, get offended and the next thing you know a moderator removes your post. GAG doesn't like opinions that offend people, even if a tiny amount. Sure, I believe they should moderate some questions and answers, but for what they did, I wouldn't put faith in GAG. Maybe the moderator got offended too and had a bias?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE