Do you prefer intelligence or beauty?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This is so simple - BOTH!
    Take a survey now of powerful men in industry, arts, politics worldwide and in the past: JFK and Jaqueline and Marilyn, Pitt and Jolie, McGraw and Hill, Wilbur Ross and his wife...
    For us serfs, a man may like eye-candy on his arm, however, a partner who combats intelligently, challenging preconceived notions ala (Revolutionary Road - Kate Winslet/LeonardoDeCaprio early premise of the book/movie) just make a perfect couple.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If i say only intelligence , would be a lie. You choose them first because of their appearance, then you get to know them, you like them more because of characteristics , intelligence.. etc :)
    But in the end their appearance is just the beginning, and they are already the best in your eyes.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 101

• I'll admit it, I prefer beauty to intelligence. But there are other characteristics besides intelligence which i prefer over beauty. For me, a sense of humour and an outgoing personality outweigh beauty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Right now because I'm relatively young I still value beauty a lot, however I know that beauty fades eventually and well understand the value of intelligence. Right now though they're about equal in value for me. I can only be with a girl I'm physically attracted to and can also have intellectual conversations with.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's imperative that she possesses both qualities. Quite frankly, with such a large supply of beautiful and intelligent women, I have no incentive to settle for just one or the other.

2|0
    0|0
  • What we want to prefer : Intelligence
    What we actually prefet: Beauty.

Truth is we'll go for beauty+no intelligence but we won't go for Intelligence+no beauty.
    If we were to choose between the two of them we'll choose beauty.
    But if there's lack of minimum intelligence then a long term is difficult so in conclusion we prefer both but we prefer beauty more than intelligence.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be honest, I want a balance, I admit that I'm an idiot in most things so I want someone that can challenge me but not always beat me, but I also want someone who I won't be horrified by but also can not be a prick with how good they look, still, if it was one over the other, it would be beauty, she would feel like a genuine genius with how stupid I am

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to go out and say it, I prefer beauty. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't date a girl who is just looks and no personality but if I had to choose beautiful with personality and smart with personality I would choose beautiful. I couldn't date a girl that I don't feel physically attracted to, that just makes no sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • How about chemistry and personality. My ideal partner does not have to have a PhD, nor need to be a beauty model. Some intelligent people are real snobs, and some attractive people are jerks with others. No need to label people intelligent or beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer intelligence insofar as I find intelligence higher than mine intriguing and low intelligence appalling in a partner, whereas these effects are lesser for beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are important. But intelligence is more important.

3|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence is more important to me in a woman (as is personality and character). Beauty is a definite plus, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wisdom, I would say, with a dash of beauty, intelligence, knowledge, class and most importantly unconditional love for me. πŸ˜‰

2|0
    0|0
  • Why do so many people ask such 1 dynamic black and white questions we are not just one or the other people can be healthy balances of both

1|1
    0|0
  • I prefer intelligence. But it often goes hand in hand with beauty, since a smart woman can always make herself look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer intelligence because beauty goes nothing beyond sight and intelligence is truly wonderful when you get to experience it with all of your other senses

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want a girl who acts like she has autism nor a girl who looks like she got hit by a truck

1|1
    0|0
  • Intelligence, but I really prefer a girl who looks great too. Intelligence often accentuates the natural beauty of the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty will always fade but will she always be faithful to you is what most important to me fuck everything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a relationship, it needs both, if it a friend sure intelligence, if it's just a one night then it's just the look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty, I'm not exactly a genius and don't want to date a girl smarter than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a woman who's dumb enough not to see all of my faults. πŸ˜„

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of. I know for a fact I can’t have just one. I think in terms of beauty to intelligent ratios.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty. I'm poly fuckarous, not into their brain at all

0|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both too much of a particular thing is not good, but more intelligence is always welcomed

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd prefer an intelligent but average looking person to a dumb but hot looking one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence but I need just a little bit of beauty can't be ugly af

0|0
    0|0
  • A mix of both to be honest.

But the intellectual part dominating the beauty side. More like 60-40?

0|0
    0|0
  • Both... However it's very pleasing to the eyes whenever we see beautiful person..

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats a hard question. Beautiful and intellegent are few and far.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence is a beauty of its own. A beautiful person is more than a pretty face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence for sure but easy on the eyes helps too

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 34

• When it comes down do beauty attraction can always change especially as you get older but intelligence never fades. Personally although physical attraction is much more appealing intelligence is enduring, and therefore of more value.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely intelligence, As long as the person is not unbearable to look at.

1|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence is more important to me. I don’t want to date a log after all! XD

1|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence. Beauty fades, but good conversation doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want both but I want it in the extreme. So either moderate beauty or extreme intelligence combined with good character.

0|0
    0|0
  • Athleticism and intelligence, since I myself love athletics and crushing people I find cute or smart

0|0
    0|0
  • People always say intelligence now but when it comes down to the decision they will choose beauty over intelligence.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think that's the case always. I have seen that when you're just fooling around, you choose beauty, but when it comes down to settling down, people will always choose wisdom and love. By the age you decide to settle down, you're already at a point when you've realized that beauty is not a constant thing, but wisdom is. πŸ˜‰

• Intelligence is what makes people beautiful to me. I'm sapiosexual.

0|0
    0|0
  • for a long term relationsship? intelligence
    for a one night stand or friends with rights? beauty

1|2
    0|0
  • Intelligence, as long as they aren't overly corrective and let you have an opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. Beauty is what attracts people, personality/brains is what keeps them

0|1
    0|0
  • Intelligence is much prior than beauty I guess, I would find this in men too

0|0
    0|0
  • beautelligence

1|1
    0|0
  • beauty and kindness. i add the brains :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Equal amount of both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both... I seriously need him to have both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence...

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • being intelligent is so attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Can I have both?