What makes a relationship "real"?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When she actually wants to be with him and finds herself submitting to him because she respects him and trusts that he only wants the best for him and her. Until that point a "relationship" is someone you've hooked up with a few times and you decided to attach a label to it. Real relationships and real love involves mutual trust and respect and although its not politically correct to say this it also involves a woman submitting to a man she deems worthy that is how a relationship thrives otherwise there is bound to be constant battles and arguing.

2|0
    0|0
    • Or the same state of real and tranquil can be reached if a man submits to a woman he deems worthy.

• @wittymilf eeew no. A. She'll never truly respect him and will cheat B. Feminist BS like that is why most marriages are failing right now. Women need to accept their place. Men that do that are pathetic.

• Not all men are capable of going out and earning an income, you don’t need to emasculate them because of it. The provider in the relationship should take lead.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you both know how fucked up you are but you love it anyway, and work together regardless. When they piss you off but you know you're not going anywhere so you take a deep breath and forgive. When you listen to their heartbeat and realize their is nothing better than being right there. In the moment, with them. And you don't think life is long enough to give you all the time you need with them. Every second counts and you can't imagine not feeling that kind of love again.

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

What Guys Said 57

• One that let's you sleep with other people if you choose to. To be honest that fucking one person for the rest of your life is a Fantasy / fairytale / myth / fable. Over 90% of monogamous relationships FAIL because eventually boredom sets in and sex dries out.

1|0
    3|0
    • Open relationship

• Show All
    • @thottiana It's not LOVE, it's just 'chemicals' released in your brain such as dopamine and oxytocin, to trick you into mating and propagating the species. Romantic Love is a farce, it's a fairytale, it's a fable, it's a myth, it's NOT REAL. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. Look up and read the book 'SEX AT DAWN' by Cacilda Jetha and Christopher Ryan. You can thank me later!

• Well ok then...

• Love. I like this bible verse as I spells it out perfectly. "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[a] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends"

1|0
    0|0
  • Official commitment with mutual respect, trust, loyalty, commitment.

It is not a trophy you put in a case but something you can measure every day & could change depending on your/his actions.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the two people equally agree to stay exclusive and committed and faithful to each other with no fear or indication of one ever cheating on the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • The shared desire to be and stay together and make life good for the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • The girls answers are good. Most of the guys' answers here are idiotic.

2|0
    0|0
  • Knowing that each partner knows they are willing to making through the good and the bad together.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe when you can touch it. maybe when it feels like there is a connection. maybe when you feel a bond

0|0
    0|0
  • If he has your tooth brush and your tampon in his bathroom then it's real

0|1
    0|0
  • Commitment. Stability, love, long-term plans, children

1|0
    0|0
  • When u always think about ur spouse everytime u r going out with other guys, even if it's ur bestfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • You waking up before the time you have to, to make breakfast to someone who is just a little bit more tired than you

0|0
    0|0
  • Being able to fart in front of one another and laugh about it. It means you're truly comfortable with one another.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you both feel that link, it's like copying what each other does, love, enjoy it. IYS great jump straight in

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust, tolerance, and most importantly, the natural rhythm.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the couple can help each other with there problems

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re able to do things not only for each other but for yourself

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey bro interesting answer would you care to elaborate. For the slow minds

• What I mean by this is you and your partner complimenting each other’s lives in a positive way. A prime example is a guy that works his ass off to maintain what he has. Him and his girlfriend would be a real relationship if she were able to find a way to take the load off his back or relieve that stress that he is being up and the same goes for her issues.

• But it’s also important to keep in mind that the man is capable of maintaining what he has by himself it’s just easier to have her around.

• When you both decide it is and what to be exclusive.

0|0
    0|0
  • trust, understanding each other, affection, priority, care

0|0
    0|0
  • If youd take a bullet for your partner and prioritize them over frienda

0|0
    2|0
  • I think the relationship becomes "real" when she ask for Anal Sex. Then it's official.

0|0
    4|0
  • Not cheating

3|1
    0|0
  • it is what it is.. a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication

3|0
    0|0
  • Trust

2|1
    0|0
  • Being with another human being.

1|0
    0|0
  • Accepting the goods and flaws in each other

1|0
    0|0
  • The people in the relationship

0|2
    0|0
  • Not being on the internet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love and passion.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• You. You decide if it was real. I hate when people say "it just clicked" or "we know because we've had sex". A relationship can be real or not depending how you both view each other. As a relationship progresses you learn to see each other's views gradually.

1|2
    0|0
  • When you would rather fight with them then not have them in your life, when not being with them makes everything seem wrong, when you see their flaws but love them more because of them.

When their happiness is just as important as your own. When you start to give without the expectation of getting anything back (and they do the same).

When you get past the butterflies and high of infatuation into the calmness that follows and crave them and not the high of “being in love”.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess its real if you are willing to take care of the person you are with instead of abandoning them when tough times come your way.

3|1
    0|0
  • Have met in real life, spent long periods of time together in person, have met each other's friends and/or family, you have a label that is public knowledge, people know that you are together.

1|1
    0|0
  • When you both connect on a level so deep you can't picture yourself with anyone else.

4|1
    0|0
  • I think what makes a relationship real is being able to work out all the issues when things aren’t going well. My ex was really bad at this, when you get into an argument you work it out, you look at the issue from both perspectives, unless it’s cheating. Don’t ever take a cheater back, you’re worth more than that. But communication is really key, yes being able to grow a connection with someone is nice, but it gets old really fast if all of that love and affection is thrown at you all at one time.

2|0
    0|0
  • Being vulnerable with each other, being your genuine self, truly knowing your partner, communication & compromise, and most of all LOVE! Its like when its real you guys both know it and sometimes it can feel like you're moving too fast, but honestly its only because both of you are comfortable enough and ready to receive each other! You think about the other person in almost everything you do. If I eat, WE eat. If you're having a shit day, well you better make room on the couch for me, Ben & Jerry. 😘✌

4|2
    0|0
  • Maybe the feelings.,.,. If both of them sharing the same feelings so it's a real thing.,.,.

3|2
    0|0
  • Playing video gaming together, supportive, being trustworthy. Tell theirs so about our feeling if sad orbit jealous. I ask a lot of question to my current boyfriend to know that his females friend are just friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're both honest about your true intentions about each other

1|0
    0|0
  • When the butterflies and excitement of a new relationship fade away and it still lasts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating with hand to hand, mouth to mouth... eat around.

0|0
    1|0
  • If it's not all in your head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being Loyal

0|0
    0|0
  • When you feel that ‘ride or die’ vibe between you two. When you want the best for each other and both work to make it happen as a team, through all the hardest and greatest times! That’s when you know it’s real.

1|0
    0|0
    • When you’re truly vulnerable with each other and love and respect each other regardless of eachothers flaws, but both are working to being better for the other.

• Farting in front of each other #realshit

0|2
    0|0
  • Two real people involved. I'm looking at u fan girls.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes