Should I keep dating someone who cheated on their ex?

So I’ve been dating someone for about only 2 weeks now and he knows my last relationship ended bc I was cheated on (I told him before we even started dating). I felt like maybe that would’ve been a good time to tell me he cheated in a past relationship but he didn’t tell me until yesterday. I didn’t catch him in a lie or anything. He just came out and told me and told me he didn’t tell me sooner because he was afraid of losing me due to my last relationship. But I did ask him awhile back how many people he’s slept with and he didn’t tell the truth bc he “wanted to wait for a better time to tell me”. Now, I’m stuck between being afraid this is my Last relationship all over again or giving him a shot bc I do believe people learn, grow, and change.

• Keep dating, move slowly
    50%(52)53%(135)Vote55%(83)
  • Break up
    50%(53)47%(120)Vote45%(67)

Most Helpful Guy

• People are not born to cheat. Most of the time its a circumstantial situation caused by pain and dissatisfaction along with an inability to communicate and resolve relationship problems.

Someone who is upfront about their past and is remorseful should be trusted unless given a reason not to. Being controlling and needy like a previous ex may drive ir trigger someone to do it again.

People DO change and grow and mature. Talk about your fears. Communicate! Communicate. Communicate.

Most Helpful Girl

• How can he grow or change if he isn’t given a chance to do so? It’s positive that he told you about the cheating himself.

Keep it under advisement. You don’t have to break up with him right now, but if things don’t feel right between you, then you also shouldn’t hold on. If you know what I mean.

• Yeah but most people don't change. It usually takes a lot of effort.

• @cavmanier that’s a lot to assume from a photo, bro.

She’s still got agency here. She can decide that she doesn’t want to give him a chance if she wishes. I merely told her to wait and see.

• Lol I appreciate both of your opinions and comments a lot. Thank you💖