What is your opinion on ghosting?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ghosting is one of the worst things you can do to a person that is legal.

It's the modern form of the "silent treatment."

It's incredibly immature and incredibly enraging.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I hate ghosting! I remember I really like that guy and we had a great time then he told me he was busy and ghosted on me. I was stupid enough to think that he's actually busy and waited around, until I realised he's actually trying to ghost. I was devastated, I would rather hear I am not interested at least I know and I can get over it quicker rather than sitting there wondering what went wrong and blaming myself.
    But I did learn from that experience though. That is if they don't reply back within 3 days without a legitimate reason, you will never hear from me and NO SECOND chance given.

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't hurt that badly most of the time but its the most confusing thing ever because I consider it to be one of the meanest things you could possibly do to somebody and when somebody that seems really nice ghosts me I always wonder how somebody so good could do something so bad.

0|0
    0|0
    • The people that ghost should be lock up and removed from society.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• It is childish no self-respecting adult in my opinion will do it be honest and just tell the person that you are interested with him and you do not want to be in a relationship with them anymore I know it can be hard to do sometimes but not everything in life is going to be easy to do we as adults are going to have to do stuff we do not want to do just about every day it's all a part of being a grown up

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its used to often. I am older and once and a while I just have to much going on. If some messages me I try to answer but if its to see how I am doing and have a conversation about it. I am out. I don't let people into every part of my life and sometimes others are more important. I have friends I can talk to once every two months. Why can't I miss talking to someone for 3 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh, most guys don't wanna ghost. However, I think it is safe to say we have encountered super clingy people who just didn't get it. After a few dates, most people have an idea if there is potential, but if a guy says, "Oh yea, this was kinda nice." It wasn't. He wants to end it without hurting feelings a whole lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's sick and wrong, like having a cheat if used right. I think that streamers work really hard to get good at what they do, and its extremely rude to try and belittle their achievements by ghosting them. P. s. hope this is the right ghosting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes when you break up with someone, ghosting them is the only way to get them to move on from experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's messed up don't Just leave someone hanging let them not it's easier on them if they know what's wrong then this going on without knowing

1|0
    0|0
  • Should be avoided under almost all circumstances, but there can potentially be a scenario or two that call for such a ridiculous solution.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let somebody know ur not gonna be there anymore.. why lie? Be real with urself and with others

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like a horrible person everytime, that and I get the sense I'm bothering them

0|0
    0|0
  • Could you specify a bit more? "Ghosting" could mean a lot of different things...

0|0
    0|0
  • The most immature thing I have ever seen people do in my entire life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its shitty. You should just tell someone you're not interested

0|1
    0|0
  • If you don't want to talk anymore, just say it. Don't just disappear, it's rude af.

1|0
    0|0
  • It sucks but in modern dating that's what you gotta deal with...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit sad as people should just let people down not keep them guess as it's so much worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumb as fuck. Just say you don't want to talk anymore. Simple as that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it once and felt like a complete piece of shit for months afterwards. Never done it again

0|0
    0|0
  • Instant deal breaker for me. "Alright, cool. Won't be seeing you later."

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a matter of perspective... since you don't know what going in the person's mind...

0|0
    0|0
  • It sucks. It either indicates complete disrespect, fear of confrontation, or immaturity.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• I don't think it's as big of a deal as people make it out to be. The only time I think it's really an issue is if it's someone you're really close to, but then again sometimes ghosting is your only safe option with someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • not great, but common when online dating

0|1
    0|0
  • It sucks. Especially when im playing with friends and the guy who died tells them where I'm hiding... Oh you meant a different kind of ghosting

0|2
    0|0
  • Cowards do that crap.
    If you're not that much of a man to tell me straight up you don't wanna talk to me, it's better off without you. I hate when people disappear on me, if they come back, a lot of respect I had for them is gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've sadly done it, and I have had it done to me. Some people, my past self included, don't have the balls to come out and tell someone they aren't interested anymore or whatever the case is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont do it. Be a grown up and tell them you are done. It is fucked up and rude as hell and hurts a lot more then being told you are not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, if you ghost someone, you're selfish. If someone you liked ghosted you, you would probably feel awful, so why should you make someone else feel like that?

0|0
    1|0
  • Cowardly~ i've had it done once before and it hurt a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're dealing with someone crazy it is a necessary evil.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it. If someone stops talking to you, then they don't want anythign to do with you. Move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • its rude , but well what can i do? just let it go and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s childish if they do it for no reason but always hurtful

0|0
    0|0
  • Immature

2|2
    0|0
  • That people shouldn’t be surprised by it anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • Only coward people do this