Should I go lesbian?

Men who I like always like other women and I'm always the second or the third option. Today that guy asked me surprisingly "How come you have never had a boyfriend? I can't believe. Seriouslly? You? Without a boyfriend? "
He seemed to be surprised and guys usually are. But they never like me enough for themselves. They always go for other girls, prettier, funnier, more confident, more silly.
I feel like I am not good for anyone and since my standards are high, maybe It's better to just turn lesbian (I am not even slightly attracted to women) Rejection from women will never be more painful than lack of interest from guys.

I am just really tired of non - direct rejection, to always be less interesting woman in the room.

Should I go lesbian?

Updates:
Maybe I should just go WGTOW?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Or maybe you should persevere and not be a quitter and not give up? Maybe you should be more assertive and ask out guys you like and not just wait for them to "discover" you. If they say no, don't give up and ask out the next person you like. Maybe you can practice and recognize every one gets better with practice so you can practice flirting with guys and talking playfully with guys.

You sound like you are just throwing in the towel. That's totally understandable to have some moments of discouragement but you still have to get back in the game. Be more assertive, you sound like you are just waiting for life to happen to you instead of taking initiative.

It sounds like everyone thinks you're a catch and are attractive and that is why they are surprised. Take charge more. If you like someone than make a move.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not everyone. Just I was way out of league for that guy. I don't want to sound shallow, but he was like 5 cm shorter than me and I am just 165.
      But people often get surprised I have never had a boyfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't even slightly attracted to woman then how are you going to turn (for the sake of this let just say sexuality works like that even though it doesn't) lesbian? Because lesbians are only attracted to females.

You said you've never dated so go date. Go meet more guys, I doubt every single guy on the planet is going to reject you. And yes rejection isn't going to painful from women because you don't even care to date them or be with them because you aren't lesbian.

You can't give up when you've barely tired

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• If you are not attracted to women, that is obviously not a solution to your problem. How old are you? How much dating experience have you had?

0|0
    0|0
    • 22 and have never dated. Studied and had fun with my friends. Nothing more.

• If you never dated then why the hell? Go out and date, you won't find someone by just sitting there and having a pity part about how you're always the third option or whatever you said above. You can't be tired without even trying it first

• I would consider this question a little bit against homosexuals.

You dont become homosexual, because you can't find a partner. Gays and lesbians are born that way, its not out of a mood and pretending this I think is disrespectful.

Rejection is hard to deal with, thats the same for everybody. Welcome to the real world. Keep searching or let it go, what fits you best.

1|0
    0|1
    • Going WGTOW at least makes more sense.
      Its never a bad idea to just focus on yourself, eventually you might stumble over someone, who likes you the way you are.

• "I am not even slightly attracted to women"
    You cant' become a lesbian like that. It isn't just flipping a switch. You have plenty of time in your life to get a boyfriend. My advice is to stop being so hung up on having one and to live your life for yourself. Don't forget to mix and mingle on the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the guys are most likely not your very first choice either. Just deal with it. That's how reality is. Just be cool about it, this way you don't weird them out and enhance your chances of then sticking around. Don't try to force it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You CANNOT "go lesbian". It is not possible. Who told you the STUPID CRAP that you can "turn lesbian". If you are not attracted to women, you are not attracted to women.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you do find a guy you like that likes you, it'll be worth much more than a relationship with a sex you aren't attracted to just to fill a void.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re not interested in women, then your plans for becoming a lesbian are impossible. I think you’re just ranting because you feel unattractive and undesirable due to your experiences with men. A lot of men and women feel the same way you do, so you’re not alone. My advice? Go on with your life, set goals for yourself, and at the same time make an effort to meet and interact with men wherever you go and whenever you can; eventually, you’ll find someone you like. Life is tough and everyone is suffering in some way. Toughen up

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you can "turn" lesbian... it's not an option it's what you are

If you try to inforce it I think maybe you'll just turn bisexual

0|0
    0|0
  • don't turn out as a lesbian.
    don't go after guys.
    give importance to that guy who attracts towards you and come after you

0|0
    0|0
  • The lack of attraction to women seems like a spanner in the works

0|0
    0|0
  • might waste your time due to the fact you say you are not interested in women. but, have you ever given it a try?

0|0
    0|0
  • If ur not homosexual or bi then y r u even considering it

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't just go lesbian, you either are a lesbian or you're not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooooo!! That's not the right move. There will be some guy who likes you for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm confused? You're not attracted to women but your thinking about becoming a lesbian? No dear... your sexuality is not determined by which sex finds you attractive or a score card per se. Be patient if your attracted to men go with that and you will find a good one eventually and happiness will follow. Experimenting, if you want to, isn't bad either? Maybe you are attracted to women and a little experimentation will awaken that? Or not, who knows but true happiness is found by trying new things and changing things that don't seem to work so do you and it will find you!

0|0
    0|0
  • U should try me! im available for free

0|0
    0|0
  • yes you should

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah go ahead

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd go lesbian for the girls in the pic

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• You can’t just ‘become’ a lesbian, and since you made the effort of bolding and italicising text to show how unattracted you are to women, why do you think this is a remotely good idea?

If you’re tired of being shown up by other women and ignored by guys, work on yourself and become one of those women you envy. Develop some skills, give yourself a make over and get some confidence. The only way to solve your problems is to become the version of you that you want to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • No! Absolutely not! I already had to deal with a straight girl claiming she's lesbian once, and that was a terrible experience. You can't "Go lesbian", that's how you're born. You deciding that won't make a difference. Acting how you are is just disrespectful and honestly annoys me quite a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't just choose your sexuality, that's not your problem, you problem is that you haven't met someone who fits with you and that's actually also not a problem, cause you are young and you shouldn't depend your life on finding a partner

0|0
    0|0
  • No because you're not sexually attracted to women, therefore making becoming a lesbian completely pointless

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That’s insulting to actual lesbians.

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL, the "offended" poster. OP just ignore posts like this. Oh dear she's "insulted" on the behalf of lesbians everywhere. Tough, life's hard. No one cares you're "offended". That just shows how damn uptight your ass is. Quit trying to highjack a topic with your stupid hyper sensitivity. You're just looking for something to offend if her comments bother you.

• Show All
    • Listen to how self righteous you are. This girl is just bummed she hasn't had more success with guys and dating and is feeling discouraged. This has NOTHING to do with "the plight of lesbians" you semantical contrarian.

• @Miristheiss and I’m telling her why pretending to be a lesbian is stupid, you German pretender.

• Nope you shouldn't :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Y? Is there any man crisis on earth?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not on earth but in my country - yes. They are snobby and only go for few women.

• Lol... me too facing same problem... no one new all ex or ready to be ex.

• Let you guard down as you said you have high standards. Put yourself in social situation that you found a guy at your standards. Don't force your preference.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re not interested in women so becoming a lesbian is silly

0|0
    0|0
    • But we can bond emotionally and I like how beautiful they are. Just I am not attracted to them sexually.

• And again, that makes it silly to be a lesbian.

Recommended myTakes