Is it bad that I don't date within my own race?

I dont date within my own race. Not because of personality, or any preconceived notions about how they will act. I just don't find them physically attractive but I'll take any other race. Don't get me wrong there are beautiful people in my race I just don't feel physically attracted.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's weird and sad. but whether it's bad or good isn't really anyone's business.

1|5
    2|4
    • @karahiri You think it's weird and sad... but it's "none of your business.'? Could you be more confusing, please?

• Show All
    • My priority is to be a person first. I don't particularly like the word race. We are all human. Certain things get lost in the sea of information thrown at us and people grasp for understanding. Most of the time that information is filterd by what they see around them and how they see other people react. Other information by recognition of Self in others. I think the word race is derived from these notions. We are all human first. Then we start to lable and separate and so on and so one...

• Not liking it is one thing but understanding it's validity in the world that we currently live in is another. But I here'ya.

Most Helpful Guys

• Well maybe you, like other men here on this forum, were never raised in an African-American Culture or a culture from the African Diaspora. Maybe that's why you don't seem to be aware of the norms for beauty in these cultures.

Not sure why people keep talking about "race'. I am getting pretty tired of the word myself. I am just going to keep using that word "culture".

But what is going to happen if you have a little girl and she comes out looking like most other women who are members of an African-descended Culture? You don't thinks she would manifest problems with self-esteem or confidence seeing that her own father does not consider the women who look like her physically attractive?

Remember, every daughter's first crush is her father.

i.ytimg.com/vi/gJpX3sqKVxg/maxresdefault.jpg

1|0
    1|0
    • That's a very good point, salute. People don't see how this would badly affect the mix bread. They too focuses on how "cute" the baby will be. It's best we stick to our own.

• Show All
    • I appreciate you taking the time to leave an educated response. I am also getting tired of hearing the word race.

• @Domsta1983 On the show "Insecure", produced by Issae Rae (a black woman)," one of the characters says that black men seem to have a reason to be into all kinds of women, except black ones. interracial sex interests most people out there, but I do find Asians and Blacks are particularly fond of whites when they do date outside their group. It seems more pronounced than in another racial groups, though, like I said, members of most groups out there date outside their "tribe."

Do you have a good relationship with the women in your family, @Domsta1983? Have you always dated this way?

0|1
    0|0
    • I have always dated this way. I have 3 sisters and a caring mother.

• @Domsta1983 This black guy I know is also surrounded by black women in his family and was complaining that he doesn't care for how they treat him. I don't recall that he connected their ways and dating non-black women, but, as I was saying, you can't turn your back to one specific group without something pretty major not having happened prior.

I take it you posted this question out of a certain sense of guilt even though, by the way you speak, you're not trying to be mean. You're just being coherent and honest about who you are. Like one of the posters was saying on here, you could go and talk to a shrink if you want to learn more about this, but, if you don't do that, I don't think it's a bad thing. Having a glimpse at what you're doing, nuances and all (i. e., not dating particular women, but not necessarily finding all them unattractive) is pretty cool. It means you're paying attention, thinking instead of bulldozing your way through stuff and people. Not everybody can say the same.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• No it's not bad, I'm the same way, I will date any other race and majority date white guys. So date whomever makes you happy.
    I'm not attracted to black guys so I'm not going to date them, it's just like any other prefercene.

2|1
    0|1
  • listen to that... it's the sound of nobody caring... I'm kidding, blast you for not thinking I'm pretty.

0|1
    0|0
    • Like i said there a beautiful women in our race i just dont feel an attraction. You are pretty.

• I don't so I can't judge, only on rare occasions when a guy my race shows himself to be super sweet will I date him.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's your preference but doesn't mean people aren't going to judge you for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s completely fine! Everyone has their own tastes

1|4
    0|0
  • It isn't, cross cultural is a good idea.. well me myself is with a guy from a different race and we’re getting along well.. its not a sin hahaha

0|1
    0|0
  • Well damn i just wonder what will come of black women, fellow black guys no longer want to date us, some white people do but not many of them so am just wondering.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean some would say you like who you like but I’m pro black... so I’m not gonna say that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't dated within my race yet, but I'm not against it. But I have noticed I'm usually attracted to guys outside of my race. I don't think it's wrong as long as you're open to it I guess? It's like if you say "Well even if everything about them is perfect if they're (insert your own race) I'm not dating them" then that seems messed up. But just simply being like "Well... I just haven't really been into anyone my race yet... and it's not important to me that I stay in my race anyway..." Then that seems fine to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ha and then mixed babies are beautiful

0|3
    0|0
  • Nah, I'd take whites over my race any day lol

1|1
    1|1
  • Lol I'm the opposite

0|1
    0|0
  • Ok...

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I don’t see why anyone would care... But then again I can’t really blame you? I am not attracted to white guys anymore, because of the way they act. AND because of that I don’t find them attractive anymore. So this is kind of the same thing, so I get you.

0|1
    0|0
  • It does not compute how someone can shut off an entire race from physical attraction. I just don’t get it and I think there’s always a reason why. Like my sister says she only likes black guys, but I think she just says that because she thinks they all have big dicks.

0|2
    0|1
    • To have a relationship with someone I have to have a intellectual and physical attraction I can't have one without the other.

• Show All
    • Did you never feel attracted to them when you were little? Like I understand being attracted to other races because I married outside of my own, but I never said I don’t date my own. I always said I wouldn’t date other race people and that changed over time.

• I never was attracted...

• I think it's bad. White man wins again.

2|2
    1|3
    • I agree with the first sentence

• Show All
    • Tired Monkey. I know he's black. A self hating black which means white man wins again.

• I don't think he's self hating? You could argue he hates other black people, but I don't think that is correct either. I think you made a mistake, but can't admit it...

• I'm a black woman I also dont find black guys that attractive. I really like Asian guys and white guys.

2|1
    1|1

What Guys Said 24

• I'm pretty much the same. I'm white but I've never found white women attractive, especially blonde women.

3|0
    1|1
    • So, what do you like?

• Show All
    • Yeaaa... still would hate it.

• I agree never understood the attraction to them

• Nothing wrong with that.
    You should read up on inbreeding and how evolution avoids it.

Though you shouldn't disregard someone completely just based on the race. Form an opinion about each and every girl you meet in this regard. If you don't find the specific girl to be attractive, (physically, mentally or in any other aspect) don't go for her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Um, I'm the same, actually - I don't date women of your race, and for the same reasons as you. I don't go for any other race, though. I prefer white meat. I do mix it up, on occasion, but usually stick to as creamy as possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude. It's your choice and your personal preference. As long as you don't have a problem with people who do, then it's not a problem at all. To each his own (preferences).

1|0
    0|0
  • there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. can't really help who you are physically attracted to

1|1
    0|0
  • I understand. I don't date most native Americans. It would take a really special one to get me to date one.

0|1
    0|0
  • There can never be anything "wrong" with your preference. Nothing at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating only within the own race would be racist, why does nobody see that? 🤔
    People are weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont either but not by conscious choice. im just simply not attracted to most of them.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. As long as it's not rooted in some deeper feelings of animosity toward your race. Race is a preference just like age or height or anything else one prefers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats okay I like them don't worry about them being alone and you do I feel the same way

0|1
    0|0
  • Its not racism when PoC's do it, only "whites". This has been my experience for the last 25 years.

0|1
    2|0
    • What does that even mean?

Its racism when "White" people date outside their culture?

• It's your wish honestly. I wouldn't care really, it's about preference but if you bring race and ethnicity. It's could become a big issue

0|0
    0|0
  • The idea that you want may cause people wonder if you think all black girls are the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither weird nor sad, just life :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes very bad

0|2
    1|0
  • You can't help what you're attracted to.

1|1
    0|0
  • No of course not

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn’t matter what color her skin is

0|1
    0|0
  • It's your life!

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys