Is it bad that I don't date within my own race?

I dont date within my own race. Not because of personality, or any preconceived notions about how they will act. I just don't find them physically attractive but I'll take any other race. Don't get me wrong there are beautiful people in my race I just don't feel physically attracted.

1826

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's weird and sad. but whether it's bad or good isn't really anyone's business.

• @karahiri You think it's weird and sad... but it's "none of your business.'? Could you be more confusing, please?

• My priority is to be a person first. I don't particularly like the word race. We are all human. Certain things get lost in the sea of information thrown at us and people grasp for understanding. Most of the time that information is filterd by what they see around them and how they see other people react. Other information by recognition of Self in others. I think the word race is derived from these notions. We are all human first. Then we start to lable and separate and so on and so one...

• Not liking it is one thing but understanding it's validity in the world that we currently live in is another. But I here'ya.

Most Helpful Guys

• Well maybe you, like other men here on this forum, were never raised in an African-American Culture or a culture from the African Diaspora. Maybe that's why you don't seem to be aware of the norms for beauty in these cultures.

Not sure why people keep talking about "race'. I am getting pretty tired of the word myself. I am just going to keep using that word "culture".

But what is going to happen if you have a little girl and she comes out looking like most other women who are members of an African-descended Culture? You don't thinks she would manifest problems with self-esteem or confidence seeing that her own father does not consider the women who look like her physically attractive?

Remember, every daughter's first crush is her father.

i.ytimg.com/vi/gJpX3sqKVxg/maxresdefault.jpg

• That's a very good point, salute. People don't see how this would badly affect the mix bread. They too focuses on how "cute" the baby will be. It's best we stick to our own.

• I appreciate you taking the time to leave an educated response. I am also getting tired of hearing the word race.

• @Domsta1983 On the show "Insecure", produced by Issae Rae (a black woman)," one of the characters says that black men seem to have a reason to be into all kinds of women, except black ones. interracial sex interests most people out there, but I do find Asians and Blacks are particularly fond of whites when they do date outside their group. It seems more pronounced than in another racial groups, though, like I said, members of most groups out there date outside their "tribe."

Do you have a good relationship with the women in your family, @Domsta1983? Have you always dated this way?

• I have always dated this way. I have 3 sisters and a caring mother.

• @Domsta1983 This black guy I know is also surrounded by black women in his family and was complaining that he doesn't care for how they treat him. I don't recall that he connected their ways and dating non-black women, but, as I was saying, you can't turn your back to one specific group without something pretty major not having happened prior.

I take it you posted this question out of a certain sense of guilt even though, by the way you speak, you're not trying to be mean. You're just being coherent and honest about who you are. Like one of the posters was saying on here, you could go and talk to a shrink if you want to learn more about this, but, if you don't do that, I don't think it's a bad thing. Having a glimpse at what you're doing, nuances and all (i. e., not dating particular women, but not necessarily finding all them unattractive) is pretty cool. It means you're paying attention, thinking instead of bulldozing your way through stuff and people. Not everybody can say the same.