If your friend admitted he/she liked you, would you find it awkward afterwards?

let´s imagine one of your friends admitted he/she liked you, but you don´t feel the same and your friend is telling you "if you don´t feel the same, we can go on as usual, just forget the conversation then." would you still find it awkward afterwards or see your friend in a different way?

3364

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done this multiple times. I tend only to be attracted to girls who were my friends first, on the theory that best friends make the best relationships (and it's true).

The way I look at it is like this: "you're cool and I love spending time with you. If we were together in a relationship, then I'd get to hang out with you even more, and I'd be really happy. But if you're not into that, that's okay--I'll just be as involved with you as you want to be involved with me."

If a friend doesn't want to date me, that's fine: I respect that they've made their decision. I'll still be attracted to them, but I will respect that decision and never ask them out again. If necessary, I'll promise the girl that I'll never ask her out again, so that she can go back to trusting me. Usually the attraction fades over time and I'll find a new crush. I will still want to be friends with them, because the friendship wasn't based on sexual attraction.

In the past, when friends have rejected me, one of the following has occurred.

a) We remain best friends. We talk about it for the next 2-3 times we hang out together, and then never bring it up again. In 1-2 months, I move on. If, later, she ever decided that she wanted to date me, I'd say yes, even if I didn't have an attraction to her at the time, because I believe that friends make the best relationships, and I'd respect our friendship enough to try going on a date with her a few times. But if she never brought it up, I wouldn't either.

b) She ghosts me. This happened twice. I've never gone from loving someone to despising someone so quickly as when I got ghosted. This is the meanest thing you can do to someone that is legal.

c) We pretend that it never happened. This sounds like a, but with a twist--in a, we're responsible enough adults that we can talk about it; here, we can't. There ends up being a bit of awkwardness for the next little while, after which point the girl either stops being my friend, or we continue being friends and pretend that it never happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• A few of my guy friends have announced feelings for me, admittedly it is awkward especially as I don't feel that way about them. The thing is to let them down gently if you don't share their affection but care about the friendship. It is weird dealing with them after such an event but eventually things return to normal. The friends who announced their feelings for me are still very much apart of my life and I still love them like they're my Brothers, we can actually look back on those memories and have a joke about them now. .

• your answer is what any sensible human would act.

Why so many girls say "no it's never the same it's always awkward" is that the guy's fault or hers at that point?