Why don't women show interest more often?

I've always wondered why women don't show interest more often. I know when I was younger, I totally missed the queues, but now it's a rare occasion to notice a girl check me out. I've missed ample opportunities with women because they never showed interest, or made clear that they were interested. I've gotten the "look you up and down" look a few times with that look of "damn you fine" (unfortunately it's usually when I'm with the person I'm seeing) Casual flirting is nice and all, but that tends to be how taken people act as well. Friendliness and flirting are almost the same. I know a lot of women like being chased, but for many people, if we don't know you like us like that, we won't chase you.

2428

Most Helpful Girls

• Don't take my friendliness as flirting... That's a problem.. I can't be nice to a guy without him thinking I want to jump on his dick? LOL no wonder women nowadays don't show that much interest with that kind of assumption. I'd only show as much interest as you show me.

• It's a problem because not many girls show interest. Fortunately I know the difference now, but before I had no idea. I was very nieve.

• @MLGbreezy Most women today are not lesbian you stupid ass clown.

• Old_Geez I said a lot of women are turning lesbian idiot and its more seen around my generation anyway so fuck off

• When women don't show direct intrest todwards men as often because they get slut shamed by others in society. Women have been told that if the guy doesn't make the 1st move he's not attracted to you. Therefore most women refrain from making the first physical move. Although if you pay attention some women do send signals. Such as flirtatious staring, smile from a distance with purposeful eye contact, flurtatious hair flip, sholder/fore arm/leg touch while laughing or saying "you're so funny" (etc.) The list just goes on.

• I know for me, when I’m not interested, I do not show anything. Because I’m not interested. But when I am interested in a guy, it will be OBVIOUS. At least, to most people it is, I think it’s a matter of having to notice more, because I know for a fact (I’ve read it online) that women show signs quite subtly most of the time, it’s rare that you’d find a chick like me that actually just goes up and says “hey hi, I’ve been checking you out and you’re hot”

• I'll dm/pm you the websites bc it won't let me post it.

See, It's a normal thing. If you don't take that as flirting well thats your own problem. My dude, in this situation, you have made yourself your own worst enemy. You are standing in your own way. It's not women's fault that you can't take a hint or observe obvious signals.

• Oh says I have to follow you. Nvm then. Lol, guess your on your own.

Most Helpful Guys

• You're passively blaming women for not showing interest in you as a reason why you missed oportunities? What was stopping you from going and meeting them or other women yourself? Nobody owes you anything in life. If you want something go and get it yourself and you'll feel 10x better for being in control of your life.

• On the contrary. I do meet women myself, it would just be easier if they showed a little more interest. I've always been curious why they don't bother showing more interest even though I'm more or less know the reasons. I'm more less interested in hearing what people have to say and what their thoughts are.

• Well whilst it's nice seeing signs a girl like you, if you look for signs that someone likes you, you'll waste time and not just approach other girls assuming she's already attracted. That's when you'll have respect from the girl cause you came up to her of your own accord rather than reacting to her.

• Again, I do approach girls. It would just be nice to see signs instead of playing it by ear.

• Because they aren't required too.
    Men have been raised to believe we need to "win women over"
    Women have been raised to expect men to do the chasing.

Therefore women are like a firewall getting constant attempts to access the server... they only allow in what they want and swat away all other attempts. There is no real effort or work required on their part.

• Lol! Love the refference.
      Unfortunately I know the practical reasons behind it. I'm hoping my question gets them to think about and try to show a little bit more. Every little bit helps. :)

• I totally agree.