Does being the single friend bother you?

I'm the single friend. I've always been the single friend and I don't know how to fix it. I don't get how so many women find relationships so easy and I usually have to wait years in between finding a guy who wants to date me. Like they get in relationship back to back and eventually get married but I ask a guy on a date and I'm always friend zoned.

Does it bother anyone else that they're the single friend? I'm 28 and haven't figured out how to get a date. I feel pathetic.

4165

Most Helpful Guy

• It bothers me all the time, it makes me feel depressed and lonely and jealous and envious.

I'm in the same boat, I'm gonna be 26 later this year, and I've been single for 7 years, since my first and so far only relationship ended. I've learned how to talk better to girls, I just don't know where to meet them, or at least the nice ones (I don't wanna have to go to a bar or club cuz that's not me scene).

It's not fair that you've been constantly rejected, but it might mean you have some things about yourself you may need to work. And you are not pathetic, and if other guys don't see the potential you have, that's their problem, not you.

And if I could, I would gladly take you on a date, buy some dinner, and give you a good time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• It bothers me so much. I’m 23, but in religious circles, it’s common to be married or considering marriage by now. I’ve never had a boyfriend or a first kiss. My family thinks it’s weird. My friends, all in healthy and fulfilling relationships, tell me I’ll eventually find someone. It sucks. It makes me feel inadequate. People say I’m pretty and friendly, but I’m alone. It’s not something you should take personally, but it happens. It’s hard to handle when you’re lonely. You don’t have someone who puts you first, so you have to learn how to be self sufficient without becoming closed off and bitter.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I can feel ya girl

• Oh awesome, I enjoy baking too, what's your speciality? Maybe try a book club? Then you can meet people there.

• Cake. But I’m lazy, so I just buy it. I’ve thought about book clubs, but the problem is most people my age leave my hometown. It’s unusual for someone my age so not have a kid or two by now. I honestly think tinder is my best bet when I get serious about love.

• I have been single for 5 years, it bothers me every now and again being the only single gal for a long time. But i am happy with my life and im not gonna date just to date. Some womem just have to jump from 1 lap to another but i personally csnnot do that. Dont worry about it will happen for you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE