What’s with all the guys having kids in their profile pictures on dating apps?

I’ve scrolled through tinder a few times and it’s so funny to me how many guys have children in their pictures. It makes sense if the kids are their own but like 95% of them are not lol. I read their bio and they say things like “the kids in the photo aren’t mine btw” or “The kid is my friend’s kid but I borrow him for a while”. What’s with guys having other people’s kids in their dating app profiles? I think it’s a little ridiculous lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• They think it casts them in a favorable light.
    Im super reluctant to date a guy who actually has a kid though.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am too as I want to have my own kids and not be responsible for someone else’s

• Show All
    • My friend thinks he was just using his kid to get close to her because she really does like kids but he went over the top with it

• Yeah eww no thanks

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• That's crazy. I would have thought that the apps would not allow pics of minors.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has long been held that a puppy or children are a great way to meet women. I won't go into the reasons but I consider it a cheap shot and it would make me suspicious, unless there was a clear reason for the children to be in the photo.
    Also, you should avoid posting photos of your own children on-line because it presents security risks.
    ~JSmith

2|0
    0|0
  • Yea that's a little messed up maybe he is saying I like kids so maybe you will find me more attractive , but isn't Tinder a hook up app sex with No strings attached?

1|0
    0|0
    • No my friend has been on dates with guys from tinder. Like actual dates, not hook ups

• Ok I never been on it but that's what I heard it was , but yes that's probably y the guys do it so girls see them as sensitive caring guys

• well maybe, just maybe they are using it as a tool to show they have a mature caring side. i have never done that but you can see why some do and dont girls want to see that in a guy anyway. given that on tinder rejection is just a swipe away its quite reasonable to think its a good idea to use that one picture to convey more than 'hey i want a fuck'. thats my theory anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • One of the things you have to understand about tinder is it's a one night stand dating app. It's not for relationships. That being said people are going to sell themselves with unrealistic things like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • How many single dads say that their not mine because women do not want the baggage. I refused to let most females know I had full custody of my daughter. Because of that reason.

1|1
    0|0
    • @Bear41 it's not the baggage per se it's the baby mama drama. Women are vicious!

• Show All
    • There are other reasons that she lost custody, lack of hygiene of child. Was a major one.

• Yes people go through tough situations and I agree. It would be easier for me to date a man who has his child with no contact of the other parent. I know I personally would not take well to baby mama drama.

• You have no idea how hard guys need to work just to get one message on a dating site, while every girl, no matter how fat or ugly, gets 20 messages a day, about 80% of guys get nothing, ever.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are women out there who say 'I love when men are good with kids', so I think that might be an attempt to cater to those ladies.

1|1
    0|0
  • I only can assume... It is much easier and more compatibility between two single parents. They will understand you, and will have realistic expectations, as kids come first. If you don’t have a kid, you don’t understand that, and if you date a man with a kid, you may not fit well, dealing with being in 2nd place, or having the kid around which may mean you can’t go out and do single things, and you also may not be familiar with what it’s like to deal with the Baby Momma, and those dynamics, it’s sort of a billboard for Single Mothers

0|0
    0|0
  • lol obviously they believe that "being the guy that's good with children" will attract girls xD they are not serious about the dating site, cause if they were, they would know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it better to have a photo of a dog insteas of kids.

1|1
    0|0
  • They probably looked up tips for profile pictures and saw that women like guys that are good with kids

1|0
    0|0
  • It's to show they care about their kids. Obviously women think that's cute and will fall for that guy rather than a guy who has a pic of him and his ex-wife.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably to show more of a compassionate side to them in hopes of snagging someone up.

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably do it to make them seem more kid friendly and have a heart to get girls to like them more lol. I include my child in my pic cause he is a package deal if I were to have a relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s understandable because it’s your own kid. But many of these guys are borrowing other people’s kids for the same reason

• I keep my kids out of it. Its that way with 50 % of the women as well

1|0
    0|0
  • It stimulates a part of the brain in women that makes men more attractive by seeing him being a good role model

0|0
    0|0
  • Shows that they either one help people with their kids and probably are a single parent

0|0
    0|0
  • i thought you Liked seeing a picture with me and my sister?☺️💕

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe give women the image that they're family material?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Tinder is the winner collection of creepy guys. I never stop to be amazed with profiles - not only with kids but with a woman too - of guys shirtless, showing cars and puppies while shirtless. The thing now is the not shaving trend. All guys have beard and look like a freakin p**sy

0|0
    0|1
  • Ugh, it's such a cheesy and obvious ploy to try to rope us in. In reality, it just makes me ignore them. It really is super weird to be showing off someone else's kid to get girls...

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of guys think chicks are drawn to babies and puppies. So a picture with kids MUST mean He's total dad material right?

0|1
    0|0
  • 😂 I've wondered the same thing! But maybe it's to show us women that they are good with children :) a lot of women prefer a man who is good with children.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because kids are like puppies. They think "oh, chics love seeing guys with kids" so that's why.

1|0
    0|0
  • They want us to know that they like children?

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they created that, sense of pride.

0|0
    0|0
  • The think girls like that. I don't, automatic swipe if I see a kid in the pic.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes