Does this guy I met online like me? plz give me advice.

Well, I am definately not the most outgoing person, and I have never been in a relationship before so I decided to see what people thought of me in the virtual world. Actually it was an application on Facebook called R You interested? We both clicked yes on each other and we began to message each other. The thing is, he lives half way across the world and I can't see anything really happening. First he sent me messages on the R You Interested? site and then he requested me as a friend. This is where it got confusing. I don't trust people that I have never seen before, so I was a little hesitate at first. But he seemed like a normal guy and he gave me compliments and that made me feel really good. We also joked around with each other. I really enjoyed getting his emails. Then he started to not message me as much and I was beginning to feel so stupid for even adding him as a friend. He is a pilot so he has a busy job. But he was adding other "hot" girls, and sending R You Interested? gifts to other girls, so I decided I was going to delete him. I didn't want to be just some "other" girl. So I did that, but then he messaged me back and said sorry, and that his pc broke so I added him again. But I still don't understand how his computer could be broken, yet still send gifts to other girls. I know it sounds rediculous, but it really bothered me. Does this guy even like me? I know that it seems impossible given the distance. But he sends me little messages on Facebook sometimes when he doesn't get around to talking to me for a while saying, " hi gorgeous. how was your weekend? Just wanted to say hi. have a nice day. Mwah xxx. " I like that, but I don't know if I should trust that. He probably says that to all the girls. What should I do? Should I just delete him again? I feel soo confused and stupid. :( I would appreciate any advice.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he likes to flirt a lot. One thing that you need to take into account is that e-mail and IM's and all those other electronic forms of communication leave out so much of what makes one fall for a person.

For instance, my college has its own mini-myspace thing going on for all accepted students to get to meet each other. I met a few girls through there that I am interested in meeting in person and flirted a bit with over the internet but I'm not cashing my hopes on them 100% until I meet them. I only have a basic idea of who they are and how they will act so its hard for a real attraction to exist.

So he might like you in a way, but not in a realtionship way, you need face-to-face for that. Also this is facebook, where there are people who will look up their long lost friend form kindergarden just to break a thousand friends. I would go by my rule of thumb for facebook and myspace, never take it seriously. Also considering the App is R You Interested (Why they didn't go: R You Interested? is beyond me. You already used R, you have to commit.) who's sole purpose is to flirt in a turn-based manner, he's only using the App for what it was designed for; playful flirting over through the cyber community.

He seems to like you more than most, and wants to keep in touch with you. That's no crime. Sometimes you just need a friend even if its just a cyber friendship. Don't take this too seriously and just have fun with it.

• Thank you for you advice. I know I was taking it too seriously. I just never get compliments really from any guys. It is just a flirting type of application, I shouldn't expect anymore. I will continue to chat, I guess, but just as friends, nothing more. Unless he thinks I am someone truly special. Hopefully someone, someday will think I am more than just another girl.

• Okay, sorry to bother you, but I was just wondering. Sometimes when I message him on Facebook, he will reply and answer my questions, (just as a friend) but then there are some days when he will not answer my questions and just say "hello, how was your weekend? Have a nice day." Does that mean he doesn't want to talk to me? Or what the heck is going on? I know I don't know him. Should I just ask him what he wants, and if he even really wants to talk to me?

• It means he didn't read you question, just saw you wrote something and is writting something in return. If he didn't want to talk to you, he wouldn't. Honestly I have no idea what this guy is thinking and what he is up to. I doublt anything serious. This guy doesn't really seem to care as long as you're sending him messages.

What Guys Said 2

• If you don't like the guy, delete him and don't think about it twice.

If you need his compliments to feel complete, then keep him around.

• honeslty these things happen , the only thing is he live a cross the world I don't want to be annoying or anything but couldn't you find someone who you can meet in you're state or the city that you live in , because the long distance don't work , plus guys and girl they do it all the time , you're not gonna believe this I meet some girl online and we go out once , anyway I saw her profile and I figure out she was dating more than one guy at the same time , so don't be surprise by that , good luck

What Girls Said 1

• Keep him as a friend if you really want. Honestly, in this day and age it's hard to find anyone that's truly who they say they are on these sights. He is probably saying this to all the girls. He just likes the attention. It's easy to get caught up on all the internet dating stuff. Since he's so far away I really wouldn't give it another thought. Please be careful when meeting people. Don't divulge all your personal information (where you live, etc etc).