Could you date someone who only messages using text talk?

Imagne 4 a momnt tht they send all messages 2 u like dis. would it impact ur view of thm nd as such, ur likelyhood 2 dte them?
  • Yes, it wouldn't bother me at all
    Vote A
  • Yes but id try and get them to stop
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
  • Probably not
    Vote D
  • Definitely not
    Vote E
  • Other/Results
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• ... my cousin messages me like this, half the time I can never make out wtaf she's trying to say and dating someone with that same "text talk" I would probably just correct their spelling, grammar and punctuation like I already do for my best friend before sending my reply.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am already having such a relationship. We see each other 3-4 times a week and the rest of the days are having only text talk, and a phone call for good night

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is horrible and would make fun of them because of that and try to teach them ti wrie as a human but I don't think it is defining perk about the person. In other words if someone is OK I wouldn't date them just because they write like this

0|0
    0|0
  • I would speak to them.
    A little bit of text speech, to save time when in a hurry is fine. But not all the time. Same with emojis and gifs, limitedbise but if constant it would wind me up.
    Maybe you'd be better communicating another way.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• It would annoy me, I'm an adult, I speak/write in sentences using real words and I'd like for me dates to do the same.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell no!!! That would drive me nuts.

Imagine if they spoke like that in real life.. **shudders**

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I would go crazy and ask him to text in a "normal" ways. If not I wouldn't respond.

0|1
    0|0
  • I couldn’t do it 😣

0|0
    0|0
  • That would drive me crazy

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate that crap

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ew...

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not

0|0
    0|0
  • The people I choose to date don’t talk like that... so I think texting normally just kind of comes naturally with certain territories...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• If a girl uses only text speak with me, I have to assume she's an idiot without much of an education, and a dime a dozen. Text talk isn't language, it's shorthand. If that's all you know, I have no reason to think you're intelligent, but just that you know shorthand. Not the girl for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a time and place for that, like quickly texting friends or family something if you don't have much time to respond. But dating is certainly not the place, do they not have the time or effort to spend 3-5 extra seconds in total to construct actual words and sentences?

1|0
    0|0
  • I've noticed girls in the mid 20s will use abbreviations like lol a lot. I think they became popular about 5 years ago? When I was a young teenager and so most people in my age group have grown out of it. But those who were older have that as the way to talk through text. I sometimes put things only my accent creates like I put n instead of and. Or I say things like yeah to sound less formal. But other than that I stick to oxford dictionary terms. Doesn't bother me what others use though

0|0
    0|0
  • It appened whit my actual girlfriend at start i didn't whant to talk over phone end she was always calling end calling i was soo stressed But after a while hey if things get serius its normal to have different conversation if she just keep chatting only is like she dont whant family or Friend to know about the relationship i will leave a relation like that istead of wasting more time

0|0
    0|0
  • I could not deal with that. I could understand it back in the day but phones have full keyboards on them now. If I see someone texting like that now, my first thought is that they never went to school.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they shorten that many words in one sentence like you just did, I'd drop them immediately!

0|1
    0|0
  • That shit pisses me off. It shows they are both lazy and illiterate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand well. If is only during a time before met, yes. But if be alway's only text and no physical contact? No.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Definitely not. Honestly I find people who do this uneducated and annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • At some point the two of us would have to meet in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not that really annoys me

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • What the hell is a text talk

0|0
    0|0
    • Something that most people left behind in like 2005 where you unnecessarily shorten words. Its from when you only had 9 keys on your phone so to save you time, youd type the minimum amount of text needed for the message to be understood

• Show All
    • Nah kids definitely were using it 5 years ago aswell. I remember I played Minecraft and there wasn't any autocorrect there so me and my friend developed our own version of text talk to be as quick as possible

• All the kids were using it when I was about 13. But yeah we grew out of it. Maybe its just a kids thing now?

• you know who I feel about u white boi

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But on the other hand I couldn't date someone who sounds too cold through text either. You gotta have the perfect balance man

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes