What are your pre-date routines?

Before you go out on a date, what are some things you must do beforehand? Besides my normal hygiene and grooming routine, I have to have talking points and a exit strategy.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Lol you need an exit strategy? What's wrong with saying hey look thanks for meeting up but this just isn't going to work? No matter what you're a dick. You might as well be straight about it.
    I don't have a routine beyond my normal hygiene and grooming routine. There's no reason to act look and act like someone I'm not. They either like me or they don't. if they do great. If they don't, their loss.

0|3
    1|0
  • Wax or shave, shower, lotion my skin in keeping it soft, apply perfume on all my pulse points, so my hair, brush and whiten my teeth, apply light make up, listen and sing to some 80s or 90s R&B as I change for the occasion lol

It's been awhile. Nice to see you're back!

0|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nothing than the typical hygiene stuff.
    I shower, put on deodorant, brush my teeth, wear comfy clothes.
    If I feel like wearing a perfume, I would.
    I don't have a script or pre-made conversation because I want it to be natural. I wanted to see if we're compatible.

I do plan an alternative when she ghosts me. LOL. I check on what places are nearby in case I need/have time to burn.

0|2
    0|0
  • Shave, iron clothes, shower, brush teeth, get cash from an atm, check where I'm going, and send a text about an hour before leaving saying I'm going to be 10 minutes late to check if she's going to flake or not.

0|1
    0|0
    • How does that 10 minute late text check if she’s going to flake?

• Show All
    • I like the texting part but an hour, really? That long?

• Alright 30min to an hour depending on how far I'm traveling.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I just pretend its a job interview because it basically is. as long as you aren't a slob and look like you've taken a shower in the past day, you'll probably be fine.

0|1
    1|0
    • See I hate it when my date treats it like a interview, it makes it very boring and predictable. Don’t you agree?

• brush my teeth, touch up on makeup, listen to music the whole while before going.. freak out a little.. be disappointed in the clothes i'm wearing the moment i'm out the door

0|1
    1|0
    • Is it really that big of a emotional rollercoaster for you?

• Lol yes that's the most important, an escape strategy, which I've had to use once.

0|1
    1|0
    • Care to share the story?

• Show All
    • I text a friend 911 and they’ll call me with urgent news lol

• That's simpler

• Im not sure , haven't had to go on a date in a while

0|1
    1|0
  • Well, this is a loaded question believe it or not.
    Usually, what runs through my mind is, "What the fuck am I going to wear to this shindig"? I set out to find something suitable for the location we are going to. If its a lunch date, and some jeans, a nice shirt, blazer, and heels. For a dinner date, a nice skirt, heels, and blouse. As for makeup, it also goes with the location and outfit for the lunch and/dinner date. Something light, and bright for the lunch time, and something a little more... interesting for dinner.

From there, I would take a shower, and do my hair. And, then go to contemplate my outfit again.

If the flow of conversation goes south, my escape plan is 3 pineapple emojis sent to my best friend, and that means EMERGENCY GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE ASAP.

0|1
    1|0
  • Apart from showering getting dressed and makeup nothing

0|1
    1|0
  • Shaving

2|2
    1|1
  • Take a shower, douse myself in lavender and curl up to read about my favorite book character boy, who is my date for the night.

1|1
    1|0
    • Lol that was a nice way to end the night. Care to send me some book recommendations?

• Show All
    • I’m trying to get into fiction so I’m dabbling into things here and there. , essays me a list?

• Message*

• Shower, shave, apply some mascara and lipstick, and if it’s a first date, touch up on my self-defense skills just in case.

0|1
    1|0
    • Always a good thing to touch up on. Which martial art do you practice?

• Show All
    • Also took a military-style self defense class. Enough to free myself or disarm an assailant.

• Little ass kicker lol

What Guys Said 18

• Beat up a homeless man and then 45 minute shower to clean every possible inch.

1|1
    0|0
    • I can’t hate you when you have such a awesome profile picture lol

• Quickly cancel, close the curtains, and hide in my room watching Netflix

1|3
    0|0
    • There has been a awesome lineup on Netflix

• Shower clean clothes parfume an leaving the house to be there on time so i can get angry and annoyed enough for her late appearnce which helps me to look cooler :)

0|1
    0|0
    • I like that, you’re a man with a plan lol

• Before I go out IN GENERAL I take a shower, brush my teeth and hair and choose an outfit appropriate for the setting. I take and wear deodorant if I know I'll be doing something active and use some cologne if I'm in a more formal environment. Simple stuff. My usual go to for a date is just a white or light coloured dress shirt with some khakis and a belt.

0|1
    0|0
    • Forgot to mention comb my hair a little somewhere in there.

• Think hard about what i should wear, execute full body hygiene protocol, try to breath deeply, anticipate every possible way that the date could go wrong, read and reread their social media/dating profile + look at all their pictures, tell myself it's not that important anyway.

0|1
    1|0
  • Hmm the three s's and probably get ready at least a hour and half before due to meet up. Enough time to go over conversations points and review common interests.

0|1
    0|0
  • Brush teeth, mouth wash, shave, shower, get dressed, comb hair, wrist watch, wallet, keys, multi-tool.

0|2
    0|0
  • Shower, watch some tips, dress clean, don't be to clean cuzz you have to be 'normal' too but also dont be to normal.. Then do my hair, some deodorant and check if I could afford to pay the half

1|1
    0|0
  • i just take care about my hygiene and not much else

0|1
    0|0
  • I just do the typical hygiene stuff, maybe dress a little 'nicer'..

0|1
    0|0
  • Sharpen my knife. Make sure my gloves are in my pocket. Check for an area to put the body after.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't date so I don't have a routine

0|1
    0|0
    • If you don’t mind me asking, why don’t you date?

• Because I don't need to ^^ I already have a girlfriend. And I don't like that unnatural awkwards Situation

• I don't date

0|1
    0|0
  • If you've ever seen wonderlust that's what I do 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • I shower, dry off, and put clothes on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fancy shirt, pants, hair okay, leave

0|1
    0|0
  • Grooming and gym

0|1
    0|0
  • Sleep. Date is in the dream

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes