How do you cope with being single?

Let me explain, so if you just get out of a relationship, whether you did the breaking up or not, and it's been a few months and you kinda start to feel lonely, how do you deal with that? I'll find myself bored one day and go on Tinder, OkCupid, and other apps and just start talking away? I've been dating someone for a while but I want to end it soon, and I don't want to end up doing the same thing.

2553

Most Helpful Girl

• just make yourself busy in REAL LIFE. What i do to keep myself from feeling lonely is i work full time, go to the gym everyday. have class on religion i always wanted to take on wednesdays, go to party or other social gatherings on the weekends. i end up meeting tons of people and its nice, plus im always way to busy to feel lonely anyway. Its also a way to make me tired so at night i sleep right away instead of being up all night overthinking or missing someone. Id say the dating apps are just an unnecessary trap to make you feel lonely again

• Wow you hit the nail on the head 😂

• So I paroozed your insta and your a good lookin guy! Keep taking care of yourself and put yourself out there! Seriously tho great smile!!!

• Thank you!! Ya I'll keep doing my best.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi.

Here is my take on being single for a long time after being in relationships.

First I'd ask yourself what does a relationship mean to you. Do you need one to be you?

Hopefully the answer is no. You can be you and enjoy life without feeling it needs validation from a relationship.

If you are feeling lonely well that is ok. Anyone who says they aren't lonely after a while of no longer being in a relationship is more than likely telling pork pies because who wants to be seen as lonely? Well I say its ok.

If you are finding yourself going on Tinder etc it is also fine. You want to find that connection again and get some meaning to going about the day to day life. Its not the most healthy way of dealing with being single but fresh out of a relationship its part of the process many have been in before.

So, how do you get around all this. You kind of don't. You find ways to not care about being single. You find interests that you feel enrich your life, you do things you can't normally do in a relationship, you turn into some sort of mentalist walking about the house singing at the cheese for entertainment or just veg out most nights. Crying in the shower, getting angry at the t. v going to garden centers and staring at the fish, essentially random dumb stuff for fun. Eventually politics, getting mad at dabbing and other things that remind you of how old you are getting.

I focused on my educations and work. I threw myself into them and got to a point where when I say to my friends " I'm going to die alone " I don't actually think it, because I have learnt something pretty overriding to any plan I make.

I have no idea what or who is around the corner.

Not to sound like a giant hippie but, you just take each day as they come have a goal in mind to achieve and try to enjoy the little things.

People pop in and out of your life as you go and some stick around long enough to figure out if there is a future there. If they feel the same way then boom you'll be on cloud 9 in no time. If not then you'll always have those little silver lining that make life worth living alone and you won't feel so empty.

At least that's my take on things. Hope it helps in some way. :)

• Hey I appreciate the advice, that's a good way to look at it, I've always been told never to rush into anything and never search or beg for it, if it happens, you'll know, I don't know if I can say I get bored or lonely or if I'm just looking for someone to talk to and it ends up being someone, I'll have to look back on this later on and let it sink in more

• Sounds a considered approach. Perhaps a focus on social activities near you would benefit you more too. :)

• Yeah I've picked up a few more hobbies that can keep me occupied