Do you think asking someone out over text/social media is lame?

For me, I am more likely to say yes if I’m asked out in person.

If someone asks me out over text or social media and I’m having an off day or I’m just in a comfy mood, I’ll likely say no. Also I’ve been asked out by some guys over text as a joke so I don’t really trust guys who ask me out over text unless I’ve talked to them in person before and they seem genuinely interested. So therefore I think it’s lame to ask someone out over text/social media. What about you?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other opinion
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Now days its hard to ask out some body anyway

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you know eachother. If you met via Tinder, they'd have no other option. If you do have a choice I think I'll have a lot of respect for the guy if he asks in person. Especially if it's a bit of a shy guy. If someone is always very outgoing and acts all brave I think I'd be a bit disappointed if he'd ask me via text. However I wouldn't mind if he asked by text. Everyone knows it's scary to ask someone out on a date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I think it's easier over social media but it depends how the bulk of your conversation are. If they're through social media or through irl. Also love your name

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you have different schedules or run in a different circle of friends than the other person. In that case, you can't really meet in person unless a plan is made. Social media makes it easy. I have made phone calls before instead of texting because I really wanted to make an impression when I asked a girl out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it all depends on the "date":

Case 1: For convenience, someone form a group chat inviting friends to "RSVP" for go-Dutch meal. 80% of the time I'll go.

Case 2: An unknown person (woman included) text and ask me out. A definite No and I'll block and mark as spam.

Case 3: A lady friend asks out. Almost 100% yes, especially just for a meal.

case 4: A date night from my wife: 100% yes.

So lame or not depends on the person and the type of date.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because it's easier to get to know more people on social media and if they ask if you want to meet them I will likely say yes but if they say it too soon then no because it's a higher chance to not show up. I would say get to know the person over social media or at least to the point when you know how each of you looks then meet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I much rather ask a girl out in person for some reason on the phone I get anxiety. Maybe because its easier to tell if she is genuinely interested and not just being nice. It also depends on the circumstances I usually have to ask through social media or tx because we never met in person or will be a while before we meet again. So the only way we will is if I ask her through the phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's stupid but these days everyone talks through text instead of meeting and getting to know each other so as stupid as it is its sometimes the only option

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really... It's just like the old school writing a letter in the classroom and passing it too your crush that ask, will you go out with me? Check the box below... Lol social media and text, just make it easier and faster to get a response, and hella more private. Buttt, nothing beats sitting down with a woman, braving it out and asking her face to face.. getting rejected 2 to 3 times until that 4th time you get the date... Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its depend as per the situation and understanding between the 2 person different people different mindset and different situations.. as per you its lame so as i said its depend.. and its also depends the person who's asking for it and how serious he's.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if someone asks you out over a text then they just don't care about you that much. If they really care about you wants to be with you, then they would do something special or at least do it in person...

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think it depends on the circumstances. For example if a guy is relatively confident around you and then decide s to text you it may be a bit lame however personally I am quite a shy person and I can struggle in social situations especially of this nature so I would say this situation would be less lame however overall it's your decision how you answer the guys question and therefore it would vary for your opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • So in order to spend time with you in person one has to first be able to get together in person to be able to ask you?
    Sounds a bit like a catch 22
    Not to say it may not be nicer in person but what if that is not practical?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm saying no simply because I could be talking to someone on Facebook or something and be like so hey would you wanna grab lunch sometime? That's just me

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy it can be really hard to ask a girl out. And we are still expected to make the first move. Just cut us some slack.

1|1
    0|1
  • Not at all ! Its better to do it in person so if doing it by the media you might as well do it right

0|0
    0|0
  • Social media is just another communication tool - nothing wrong with using it to ask someone out if that's the medium someone chooses

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to go out with somebody being a man or female just build the courage and do it it's not so hard being rejected is not as bad either shit happens Life Goes On

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't get a date online to save my life

In person it's easy?

So for me it's just how I roll

0|0
    0|0
  • If a boy/girl who likes you asks you out through text, it is lame. They better find guts to show themselves before you and then ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm possibly the worst at talking to girls. Whether their a friend or Not so texting is easy and maybe I'll ask again face to face

0|0
    0|0
  • You hide makes you seem like a coward personally if you're gonna ask someone on a date it has to be in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• When I met my boyfriend online, we were talking just as friends and we were playing video games together and after we were done playing. He called me and we were saying how much fun we had and then he got quite for a few minutes and he then asked me out. I thought it was adorable so I said yes. I guess because I had such a great time so it didn't bother me that it was over a call. It was going to be a text but I guess he had enough courage to say it over the phone.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I think it depends on the situation and then again some guys can be shy and will ask through text or social media instead of in person.

• This is safe place i find to meet anyone. So its not lame... some people i know here met bc of this site and got married! Pretty nice and very romantic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think a guy should be able to ask a girl out to her face. It shows how much he likes her, because if a guy likes a girl he will ask her out in person. If not he could just want nudes or something of that nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather it be done in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion it's totally fine

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause if that how they met.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes