Can intelligence make an ugly guy attractive?

• Yes
  • No

1717

Most Helpful Girls

• Intelligence alone cannot make an ugly person attractive. It can make a person more attractive, though. Personality does that. For example: I meet a guy and go "meh" at first. He's not unattractive, but I wasn't swept off my feet either. But then I get to know him. I find out that he's smart, funny and just a great guy who I have lots of things in common with. When that happens I could see him in a new light and it's very possible that I might fall in love with him. And then I also start to notice that I actually really like the way he looks, that he has a really cute smile and pretty blue eyes. A matching personality can make someone so much more attractive and even more beautiful.

• What is the difference between ugly and "meh" to you. Doing you think any guy can reach "meh" status just by staying in shape and dressing well?

• Ugly is "ew, don't come closer"
      Meh is "you look okay/regular, nothing special at first sight"
      Attractive is "wow, I want to get to know you"

• Uh... Yes it would make him more attractive. My definition of intelligence is what choices a guy makes in his life and what he says and how mature he is, how wise he is and if he's open minded And how emotionally intelligent he is. School education isn't that much important... Like eh, u can still be successful even without A plus grades. But of course good school education isn't a turn off either. I would of course date a guy with good grades and academic intelligence. But I'm just saying if the guy who's smart at school stuff doesn't have a bit of the stuff I mentioned above about the type of guy who's open minded, mature etc. Then yes, he would be a complete turn off. I've known many assholes in my life who have good grades or don't think before they speak and are dumb about everything else and gossip but are only good at school subjects and good grades , etc. and I despise them. They don't know about emotional intelligence and only academic intelligence. How sad... there r different types of intelligence tbh. There's analytical intelligence or something like that and I like that. Etc. But my definition of smart is different from the rest of society I guess. I guess I'm the only woman who thinks like this. 😂 Self awareness will fix all of the bad things, if that makes sense. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense but whatever I don't care. Society is just being mean and saying that people who don't have perfect grades are dumb. because society In general is dumb. They listen to what people say all the time and follow what they say. It's not always true tho. Society likes brainwashing people into thinking this is what it is and u have to believe it , etc.

• If u took the time to read then thank u guys

• But it would not make him super attractive as a whole if he was smart and ugly. I need to date someone I'm attracted to and even if he was ugly and smart, it's just eh... Not my preference. But being smart will make him more attractive if that makes sense. He should improve on his looks if he's that ugly

• Grades do not define u and u should never have low self esteem or think less of yourself because of it.

Most Helpful Guys

• I like to imagine that all these guys saying no are like "nah I'm about a 5/10 and extremely smart but women never want to talk to me so this must not be true"

• Also things like being a Chad, money, power, just Ignoring that most guys who are rich and powerful have high intelligence and used that to get there

• Sure, but they also have other personality traits like being an arrogant knob. Lots of intelligent guys choose to put their skills to the benefit of the most vulnerable in society instead, like the best community college lecturers who could do more but want to help the least educated, or clinical social workers who are overqualified but want to make sure mental health issues are addressed for those who need them, or, the guy who’s super smart but launches a non-profit instead of an enterprise because he doesn’t care about getting rich. These guys are all intelligent and ugly according to women.

• I disagree, that's a wishy washy, unrealistic cliche that harms people in the long term.

Some people will say they do, only to repress their physical dissatisfaction as the relationship progresses. No different than settling for someone because that person has some positive trait, that at some point it won't be enough to cover for the elephant in the room.

I think one should grow up and learn to take responsibility about recognizing one's own needs instead of pretending they aren't, and this doesn't mean affecting others negatively.