Do you like people who play hard to get?

I personally think it's kind of annoying. Because, I mean... if you like someone and the person likes you can't you just be together? But yeah, I don't judge people who likes it, everyone has a different point of view and I respect that.

• Yes, I find it attractive in some ways
  • No, it personally just gets on my nerves
  • It depends..
    Vote C

2249

Most Helpful Guys

• I find it "ok" actually.

Girls will test you because they get hit on like 50 times a day. Most girls this subconsciously so you can't blame them. Remember girls are very selective when it comes to choosing partners. This is their primal instinct.

They're testing if you're an emotional wreck, insecure or a real man. Remember they risk pregnancy and shunned for having too many partners. They're testing for strength. Girls love guys who are strong.

If you don't see them do it, then that means you are passing her tests subconsciously, but you just don't realize it :). Or you literally see it and then get annoyed/feel rejected and hate it.

Some guys also play hard to get unconsciously to challenge the girl.

• How is someone supposed to know if thebother person is playing hard to get vs actually doesn't want to be got. It trains people, men in particular that no doesn't mean no, it means try harder. People need to be honest.

Most Helpful Girls

• "Because, I mean... if you like someone and the person likes you can't you just be together?" No. That's what you call being NAIVE. It doesn't work in real life. This is not a soap opera. I can be attracted to somebody, I don't owe them a date and neither do I expect them to ate me.

"Playing hard to get" is often done as a form of manipulation, just like seduction and lust. "But yeah, I don't judge people who likes it, everyone has a different point of view and I respect that." You judge people based on their actions, not who they are as people. Your mind will change when it's being done to you. Genuine people don't intentionally play hard to get. It's just selfish and ignorant people who are mad and bitter that they can't GET what they want. So they assume that person is just trying to string them along. If I'm avoiding, its because I don't like you, something about is not good or I just don't have the time for you. I have more important things to worry about instead of indulging my flesh. If I wanted something serious with a person, I would say it and mean it. I don't do what I hate being done to me.

• date*

• But what I can tell and share with you is that my reasons for not having that kind of life is solely based because I understand and know what Real Love Is. And real love is not having premarital sex in casual sex with different people that you have no business being with. True love is not about having premarital sex with a person that you are not legally married to and yet there's no guarantee they going to want to have that life with you. At the same time did be willing to trick you and lead you on for months and years and years at a time while you're thinking they're going to one day pop the question and they will never pop the question. These days a lot of these boys are being taught not to get married and to shack up with any girl that can find and live with her how long they live with her and birth children with her all while if he wants out he can get out. But the double standard comes in when the girl don't want anything to do with him then she's you a, you know what.

• You see you don't want to take chances and playing games with such people. Because at the end of day they only care about themselves and not caring about your well-being. All the adult and maybe some of your peers may not care to tell you the truth but I will tell you the truth. The things I'm telling you at some point growing up I was hoping for the same thing but my reasons for it were wrong. So I'm telling you now you do not want to fall in love for you to fall out of it. How can that be love and you just fall out of love that don't make any sense does it? The reality is is that it never made sense in the first place because that's not how love works love is a sacrifice. And it's about how much the other person is willing to sacrifice for you as well and there's not that many people that's willing to put their whole life on the line for just one person. And yet they having sex with the type of people that can God forbid get them killed.

• It depends on the level, but I like it when a man doesn't play all his cards immediatly. It keeps the flirting and teasing phase going, which is fun. Being rude or making me chase him too long or till the end of the earth or something is a dealbreaker, tho.