Do you like people who play hard to get?

I personally think it's kind of annoying. Because, I mean... if you like someone and the person likes you can't you just be together? But yeah, I don't judge people who likes it, everyone has a different point of view and I respect that.

• Yes, I find it attractive in some ways
    Vote A
  • No, it personally just gets on my nerves
    Vote B
  • It depends..
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I find it "ok" actually.

Girls will test you because they get hit on like 50 times a day. Most girls this subconsciously so you can't blame them. Remember girls are very selective when it comes to choosing partners. This is their primal instinct.

They're testing if you're an emotional wreck, insecure or a real man. Remember they risk pregnancy and shunned for having too many partners. They're testing for strength. Girls love guys who are strong.

If you don't see them do it, then that means you are passing her tests subconsciously, but you just don't realize it :). Or you literally see it and then get annoyed/feel rejected and hate it.

Some guys also play hard to get unconsciously to challenge the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • How is someone supposed to know if thebother person is playing hard to get vs actually doesn't want to be got. It trains people, men in particular that no doesn't mean no, it means try harder. People need to be honest.

1|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• "Because, I mean... if you like someone and the person likes you can't you just be together?" No. That's what you call being NAIVE. It doesn't work in real life. This is not a soap opera. I can be attracted to somebody, I don't owe them a date and neither do I expect them to ate me.

"Playing hard to get" is often done as a form of manipulation, just like seduction and lust. "But yeah, I don't judge people who likes it, everyone has a different point of view and I respect that." You judge people based on their actions, not who they are as people. Your mind will change when it's being done to you. Genuine people don't intentionally play hard to get. It's just selfish and ignorant people who are mad and bitter that they can't GET what they want. So they assume that person is just trying to string them along. If I'm avoiding, its because I don't like you, something about is not good or I just don't have the time for you. I have more important things to worry about instead of indulging my flesh. If I wanted something serious with a person, I would say it and mean it. I don't do what I hate being done to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • date*

• Show All
    • But what I can tell and share with you is that my reasons for not having that kind of life is solely based because I understand and know what Real Love Is. And real love is not having premarital sex in casual sex with different people that you have no business being with. True love is not about having premarital sex with a person that you are not legally married to and yet there's no guarantee they going to want to have that life with you. At the same time did be willing to trick you and lead you on for months and years and years at a time while you're thinking they're going to one day pop the question and they will never pop the question. These days a lot of these boys are being taught not to get married and to shack up with any girl that can find and live with her how long they live with her and birth children with her all while if he wants out he can get out. But the double standard comes in when the girl don't want anything to do with him then she's you a, you know what.

• You see you don't want to take chances and playing games with such people. Because at the end of day they only care about themselves and not caring about your well-being. All the adult and maybe some of your peers may not care to tell you the truth but I will tell you the truth. The things I'm telling you at some point growing up I was hoping for the same thing but my reasons for it were wrong. So I'm telling you now you do not want to fall in love for you to fall out of it. How can that be love and you just fall out of love that don't make any sense does it? The reality is is that it never made sense in the first place because that's not how love works love is a sacrifice. And it's about how much the other person is willing to sacrifice for you as well and there's not that many people that's willing to put their whole life on the line for just one person. And yet they having sex with the type of people that can God forbid get them killed.

• It depends on the level, but I like it when a man doesn't play all his cards immediatly. It keeps the flirting and teasing phase going, which is fun. Being rude or making me chase him too long or till the end of the earth or something is a dealbreaker, tho.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• Depends on if the person knows how to correctly play hard to get and how good they are at it. Playing hard to get is about being suggestive, teasing, and dropping hints and knowing how far too take it. When done correctly though it's amazing and a lot of fun!!! If you don't know how to do it it's annoying and should be avoided.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my personal opinion. I would have to say it depends entirely on how long you plan on playing hard to get. Hard to get is fun for a while. It lets us men do a little hunting. There comes a time however, when you need to lay down and get got. If that's what you want of course...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think it depends on how they go about it. If they're leading you on and it's obvious you'll never get where you want to be, it's annoying. If she's teasing things happening between you, but she's clearly just making you work for it, I'll do it back to her. If she's telling you that she doesn't want anything to do with you and her being together, but expects you to continue pursuing her, fuck that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are really good (usually) at seeing negative signs. Idc if she's playing hard to get, if she doesn't seem interested, I'm not wasting my time

1|3
    0|0
  • I hate games and chasing. But God, there's something about it that I always end up in situations like that... All the gfs I had were hard to get. All the easy girls I had were nothing but a fling for me... Go figures...

0|1
    0|0
  • Makes me more interesting, but at the same time angry.
    My response is always to play harder, by saying:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../..._SL300_.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls that play hard to get can actually be quite fun for awhile. The cat and mouse game eventually does get repititive and frustrating after a while. All in all if she really does like you then she'll let herself get caught. Can't waste time forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • To me it stinks of arrogance... I find it insulting and will not participate in it
    Though that is only for those who as you say play hard to get
    sometimes people are not playing a game but just shy/lack confidence and because of that do some of the same things

0|0
    0|0
  • More than one polite low-key approach is sexual harassment in the current year, so women who play hard to get will end up alone.

0|4
    0|0
  • Honestly,

No, I hate it to be honest. Enticing me to make a move by looking at me and playing with her hair or even playing with her fingers while doing so will definitely get my attention and I will most likely make a move as soon as I get the opportunity. I am a bold person bound to do bold moves so you gotta expect a bold move like complimenting you and asking you out right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a stupid mind game and honestly if they want to play games I do not have the time to have them in my life. Just be a genuine person.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's only fun if there is real interest and chemistry there. If it becomes apparent to me the other person just likes the attention (but never me) I keep it moving. So many better ways to use that time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Playing hard to get is an art form that very few people have mastered. I prefer a girl who neither throws herself at me nor pretends I don't exist.

1|2
    0|0
  • I dont know if they are playing hard to get or simply not interested in me.

2|2
    0|0
  • I play hard to get and I am hard to get so I don't know.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. It's immature honestly, and I don't like playing mind games, be upfront with how you feel.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, I am too old to deal with people that play games. That's high school stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's natural to enjoy the chase. If someone is hard to get, they're less likely to have their head turned by other people so it's genuinely a good feeling to be the one to turn their head

0|0
    0|0
  • You are very mature emotionally. If you like each other admit it and then get onto the real and both fun and difficult bit. Don't play games for fake drama like the tv

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone plays hard to get it actually makes me lose interest. I only go for people who are equally as interested as me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she just plays to be hard it would be annoying. She should be just the way she is. It's never good to act like if you are someone different.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about the chase. Nothing worth having is easy to obtain however there are some people out there who are totally unrealistic

1|0
    0|0
  • How can someone say "no means no" and and want to be chased?

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t notice since I’m almost impossible to get

0|1
    0|0
  • MOST GUYS DON'T LIKE THIS!!! please let this myth due.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like people get on here mislead on purpose disregarding feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • It's too much to deal with. A simple positive or negative response should do the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being A Guy No, Makes me think. What is she hiding? Hmmm? Always wondering

0|0
    0|0
  • The chase usually means there's more than one. I don't like being a back up

0|0
    0|0
  • That's how I lose interest.

0|3
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• No. It's a deal-breaker for me. If a guy likes me, he would need to let me know outright. If he played hard to get, i would assume he was either disinterested in me or playing mind games. Either way i would just forget about him and distance myself from him

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate guys that play hard to get. lot of guys think i am playing hard to get but i am not. i always told them I have a boyfriend but through keep coming at me when I told no have boyfriend many more times. hate mixed signal. be straight forward.

0|1
    0|0
    • So you're talking to guys who are palying hard to get while you have a boyfriend. Lol

• Show All
    • "try get me ask me out" what does that mean?

• Boys keep asking me out when i said no i have boyfriend. check my other question for the answer.

• I will wait & chase him for a few more days or maybe weeks.. eventually got tired of it & I will stop.

0|2
    0|0
  • People like the chase, but it does get annoying. I dislike games, be straight forward of your intentions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I don’t know happened it to me lately with some guy but I just ignored him

0|2
    0|0
  • I like to work for what I want. If it’s comes to easy it’s boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • if someone is too easy to catch also its too easy to let go

0|0
    0|1
    • There's a better way: showing clear interest, but if there's no reciprocity then let them go.

• Play hard to get but as soon as it is putting me in a vulnerable state or possible embarrassing position then he must think I'm a joke

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a fine line that you can make flirt game interesting. But not too much.

0|0
    0|1
  • I like straight forward people.

1|5
    0|0
  • Hate it , it’s definitely a turn off

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't like it

0|3
    0|0
  • It's one of the dumbest things ever

0|2
    0|1
  • That's pretty tiring

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't play hard to get. I am hard to get

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm not a child; I don't play games.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends honestly like sometimes it's fun bc of flirting and some teasing going on but sometimes it's annoying bc of all the mixed signals

2|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes