Would you be okay knowing you're not your partners type looks wise?

That they weren't attracted to you at first but started liking you after getting to know you because of your personality?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's fine as long as he doesn't use "but you know she's my type" excuse to blatantly check out girls in front of me. I get that checking people out is a natural thing, and I'm not gonna flip out if you do it once by accident (like she's a waitress introducing herself with a super pretty smile). But in general if you're with me, please respect me. Also, it nice to hear a compliment like once a month or something. Like a small acknowledgement of your looks being equally attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I would want him to find my appearance appealing as well. Not one more over the other

1|0
    0|0
    • The only problem with put too much importance on looks is that your relationships won't last long. You'll end up hooking up with 20 year olds at 50

• Show All
    • The guys that don't reject usually end up in successful marriages.
      The guys that do reject usually keep hooking up with 20 year old girls with daddy issues.
      To me its one or the other and making that choice is difficult

• Well yes looks only matter in the beginning then it’s all about the personality. The exact same way as people state that looks fade. It’s just not beginning with personality first and then end with the looks.

But then again it’s hard for men to serial date. So i understand the frustration and stigma when it comes to that.

I agree. There’s always two different pools of dating. And not all men are wanting to lead things to marriage.

Most Helpful Guys

• I won't be okay, I would be freaking happy man, if a man/women is attracted to you becos you look good, well be ready for a breakup in 3-6months while if she/he starts liking you becos of your personality you're most likely are compatible, and honestly you feel more I don't know gratified cos your personality is smtg yu gotta work on to improve while look is mostly smtg yu can't realy control

2|0
    0|0
  • No, i wouldn´t and i do make some questions in that regard before engaging relationship, reason why i am single for the last 7 years and almost gave up on western women completely, such high and unreasonable standards that it is simple a complete turn off.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I honesty wouldn’t care, I mean if he likes me..

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care.. I honestly believe what really made us realise that we're perfect for each other was due to how much we connect, we understand each other. We have a lot a in common. Both introverts, that likes to play video games and watch anime after work.

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus he's just like me, when it comes to settling down for long term. Personality is more important than looks.. Looks are just a bonus.

• I would be hurt. But, you have to understand that looks fade. And, I feel like your relationship will be stronger because they don't just like you for your looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don’t really care. As long as they are attracted to my personality and then eventually my looks I am good.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. To be honest no. Because if he met his type that has a similar personality like mine I dont know what would happen. I dont even know what is his type.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would bother me a little. But I don't have many things to offer physically anyways so. Guess it doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be okay with it. I mean he isn't a Model themself

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd take being loved for who you are over what you look like any day.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would bother me a lot and I'm not sure if we would be able to be fully serious.

0|0
    0|0
    • You do realize that if two shallow people date and looks are an important part of the relationship it won't last that long.

• Show All
    • No, because looks dont last. If a guy is very shallow and chooses girls based on looks, when he's 50 and his wife has wrinkles and stretchmarks, if he can, he will leave her and chase 20 year olds

• Then why should I stay with a guy who don't find me attractive when he's young? It's even dumber, he'll leave me for someone else.

• I think it's ok as long as you know their feelings for you as a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not.

1|0
    1|0
    • Would you end a relationship because of it?

• Show All
    • Belive me with this mindset your relationship won't last more than a year, according to science of course.

• Nah, that would bother me.

0|0
    0|0
    • It would bother you that the person you're dating is not shallow?

• Show All
    • They would find you attractive for being the person you are. They just wouldn't drool all over you on the first eyesight

• But he wouldn't find me physically attractive?

• nah that would send me into depression

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

1|0
    0|0
  • That would drive me fucking crazy haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be flattered because I broke his type...

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I'd be okay with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really no, I’d want to be both, otherwise it just feels more like a friendship.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Well I'm not anyone's type look wise lol. If I manage to attract any girl, it's at least 70% down to my personality. That's why many girls on dating apps love talking to me but ignore me when I ask them on a date. They use me for my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I think I might prefer it, then I know they didn't choose me for looks. Hopefully they didn't choose me for something even more superficial though

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if I have anything to offer anyway. I wouldn't be offended because I think of myself as ugly anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you get to be my age, you sure as fuck won't care, and neither will she

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer it. The rest of me is pretty awesome but my mind is where it's at. Love me for that please

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Why not? But if she treat me like shit before and start liking then that depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • would dump them after laying them then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d be fine with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I’d just throw the baggage out

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as i'd like to know my appearance played a part in it, i wouldn't be overly bothered by it since i would place more importance on making sure our personalities match. If our personalities aren't compatible then the relationship would never last.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes