Boyfriend told me to lose weight otherwise he'd leave me?

So my boyfriend basically told me to lose weight cause he thought I was getting bigger, he's been liking gorgeous girls pictures on instagram and it's been getting to me. I told him it hurts me, but it doesn't seem like he cares. I am losing weight, but it just seems like not as fast as he wants me to. He said he wants a thick girl and not a fat one. So I guesss I have to work at it for him to like me. Why do all guys have to treat me like shit since I am fat? I am working on it okay? Why are all guys like this?

1027

Most Helpful Guys

• Break up with him. If he is doing that to you then he doesn't love you, he loves what he hopes to turn you into. Don't let him hurt you like that.

• It's not the first time someone's told me to lose weight. So I don't know, I don't really believe in love anymore..

• Gold, you know that's a big jump. People don't like my weight so there is no such thing as love. I know it hurts when people don't accept you... I can't change the physical reason people don't accept me... But it doesn't mean there is no love. Maybe right now you don't feel the "romantic " love but you love your friends or family. So love exists, you just aren't feeling the form you want right now. Honestly, you mentioned how you are the same weight as before... He probably just wants to trophy you and every little bit closer to "picture perfect" you get makes him feel better about himself

This is about you. You do what makes you happy.

• Guys have preferences, you can't say all guys are shit just because the one you have now thinks you're too fat. You can just leave him, and find someone who loves you the way you are now, or you can do what he says in hope that you'll stay together.

I personally wouldn't date a girl I find fat, but that's me. I simply don't find it attractive.

• Like I said, I am losing weight. I really don't give a shit if you don't like fat women, it's your preference. I was the same exact weight I was when I met him. Don't know why he dated me to begin with.

• Hey don't come at me, i'm just being straight up with you. He's clearly either changed his mind, or something else is going on.

Most Helpful Girls

• People treat us the way we allow them to treat us. You shouldn't be keeping up with this @s*hole, Dump him, then lose weight for yourself, not some jerk. And find a new guy before getting thin or in your targeted shape please so that this time you don't end up with someone who doesn't care for you enough or love you for the beautiful person you really are!! You will surely find guys who are not shallow enough to make you feel that way about 'losing weight', you are capable to find someone who'd encourage you enough!

• Dump his ass. That's toxic and abusive. You've told it hurts you and he deliberately says it knowing it hurts you. Find someone who appreciates you for you. A boyfriend should raise you self esteem. He should find you sexy. If he's putting you down and trying to change you then he's a waste of you time. Lose weight for you girl, not to conform to such arbitrary beauty standards of one misogynistic idiot who can't appreciate what he has: you.