Is it alright to have a crush on the sibling of a friend?

I mean, I wouldn't like a friend of mine having a crush on my brother...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine. If your friend has a problem with it, then you shouldn't be friends.

Friends shouldn't be petty about other people's business. It's none of her business who her brother is dating. She shouldn't be parenting you on dating either.

0|0
    0|0
    • But doesn't a relationship with her brother put her at a weird in between?

• Doesn't matter. It's your business, not hers. She's only in a weird in between if she starts drama and acts bitchy (why be friends with someone so petty?) Because then she'll look weird for third wheeling when she wasn't invited.

All the other comments say you're in the clear too.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend would get annoyed because pretty much every single one of her friends had a crush on her cousin after meeting him and would flirt with him when we all hung out. She one said she was glad I didn’t do that butttt he and I ended up crushing on each other and I told her, but it actually wasn’t a big deal at all. She said I was really cool about it and that it was weird but she wasn’t upset. In the end, it’s fine to have a crush on your friend’s sibling or cousin or whatever, just make sure to talk to your friend before making a move ☺️

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks! I do want to talk to my friend about it but I'm not even sure if I want or can have a relationship with him anyhow. We live in different states.

• Show All
    • Thanks for your advice!

• Of course! Hope things work out for you whichever way they go

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 53

• Sure it is, but best to casually say something to your friend about it. They will either think your crazy and be ok with it or tell you its not ok. I had a friend the his sister was a year older than him and only 4 months older than me and i told his sister is hot. He laughed and said go for it, she makes her own decisions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a crush doesn't make u wrong.. Its human nature to like and appreciate other people.. Acting on it may be a different matter.. As it could affect your freindship... Clear it out with your friend..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah why not. Unless the petson is too protective about his or her sibling I can not see a problem here.

0|0
    0|0
  • How come you would not like it?
    Most don't care if they think your a good person.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only natural. . Nature can't be denied or the law of atraction , as long as there a nice person , isn't that better than a unknown

0|0
    0|0
  • In my honest opinion, i don't think it is a good idea to have a crush on your friend's brother.. I mean it could be good and it could be bad at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there before nothing wrong with having a crush

1|0
    0|0
  • Crush s fine... But anything apart from that, then it's better you have a word with your friend or let him/her a hint of it..

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not? If its not hurtful in anyway to the friendship, who cares?

1|0
    0|0
  • Those relationships are difficult to maintain, better to stay friends with your friend and forget the crush.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd have to ask the friend if she or he would be ok with you asking the sibling out

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you're mature enough to tell them face up and not go sneaking around. That could ruin your friendship and spoil the relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean, I'm not sneaking around or anything with the guy. I'm not even sure if I want a relationship with him which is why I haven't bothered to talk with my friend about it. I'm being extremely cautious

• Show All
    • You're right. Thanks for your opinion.

• You're welcome, no problem

• Why wouldn't you like it unless you feel they are going to hurt or take advantage

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess because they would talk to me about their romance with my brother or would come over to see him, not to see me.

• I guess if you live together still it would be a touch weird the friend coming to see you now coming to see him.
      I can get that.
      Wouldn't have an issue with hearing about there romance but I guess you could end up in the middle if they ever had issues.
      I was just kinda looking at it as there both good people and would make each other happy, what's the issue.

• I dont think so. If they truelly care about each other why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it is, but make sure that your sibling knows because it could be beneficial in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is, people who wouldn't like it are just afraid to lose a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not? You only live once... life is way to short to worry about this

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether the attraction happened before or after the friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • crush is a common feeling there's nothing wrong in it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's fine depending on your own feelings about friends having a crush on your sibling.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess I just feel like it would be awkward. Like, I would trust my friend to not hurt my brother more than necessary and to still be friends with me, but I don't know how easy that is to do

• Imagine a friend thinking the same that said I've got 2 younger siblings and if a friend wanted to date one its none of my business their both older then 18 an can decide for themselves

• Perfectly fine but be more open to something like that of your brother.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, most of my friends younger sister has a crush on me

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say it's not the first time and not really that bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is fine but is difficult and not ideal

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure its alright. We can't control who we fall for

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes there is nothing worng

1|0
    0|0
  • It will be damn good

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why not lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not appropriate... but it happens sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• I think it's ok, it's not like people can control their feelings. But how they act on it might very much be not ok. One of my friends used to have a crush on my brother and she would talk to him behind my back, too. Like she kept me in the dark about the whole thing and then randomly decided to bring it up while we were with a lot of other people. It really caught me off guard and I wish she would have 1) told me sooner about it and 2) not told me when other people were around in such a dramatic way.
    Like sure, I'm just his sister and it's not like whatever they talked about is something I was entitled to know, but being sorta in the middle considering that it was my best friend and my brother, it would have been nice if they had told me sooner that they've talked to each other. It didn't amount to anything so in the end it didn't really matter. But I would never get in touch with one of my brother's friends without talking to him about it first. It's not like permission is needed, but an open flow of communication definitely is. So if things end badly (for instance), whoever is caught in the middle has the chance to say that they don't want to be in the middle, and that their friendship/relationship to their sibling is not going to be affected by what's happening.

1|1
    0|0
    • You're right. I should tell her.

• Thank you for your in-depth explanation. It was very calrifying for me.

• No problem :) nothing wrong with feelings, and it's not something I wanted to hold against my friend either. It's just a tricky situation for the person who's in the middle of it all if they're kept in the dark about it. Especially if things end badly, like I said.

• It's totally normal. I've had crushes on brothers'of many friends. And my BFF, her brother and I dated for well over a year. There is no codes about liking and dating siblings only parents!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a crush on my best friend's brother so I know how you feel. I suppose he looks at me like he looks at his little sister😓😬🤦

1|0
    0|0
  • victoria justice all over again haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ven3UgzswBo

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally fine. As long as you don't use the friend to get to the crush.

2|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think it is as long as your not there best friend cause for girls thats a big no no

1|0
    2|0
  • Well crushes are just crushes if it turns out to be morw than that and talk to your friend about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's not your sibling it's all good. You're human you like who you like doesn't matter friend or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only people I've dated have been brothers of friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine, were all people and friends wouldn't or shouldn't judge

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Might he awkward but later they'll get use to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wouldn't like it if it happened to you then maybe not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I had before. Only lasted a week though lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard but there's nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the same thing, so?

0|0
    0|0
  • it is okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. There is nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its alright unless they are like 14.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s normal and perfectly ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as its not your sibling lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong, go for it