Is it alright to have a crush on the sibling of a friend?

I mean, I wouldn't like a friend of mine having a crush on my brother...

2754

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine. If your friend has a problem with it, then you shouldn't be friends.

Friends shouldn't be petty about other people's business. It's none of her business who her brother is dating. She shouldn't be parenting you on dating either.

• But doesn't a relationship with her brother put her at a weird in between?

• Doesn't matter. It's your business, not hers. She's only in a weird in between if she starts drama and acts bitchy (why be friends with someone so petty?) Because then she'll look weird for third wheeling when she wasn't invited.

All the other comments say you're in the clear too.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend would get annoyed because pretty much every single one of her friends had a crush on her cousin after meeting him and would flirt with him when we all hung out. She one said she was glad I didn’t do that butttt he and I ended up crushing on each other and I told her, but it actually wasn’t a big deal at all. She said I was really cool about it and that it was weird but she wasn’t upset. In the end, it’s fine to have a crush on your friend’s sibling or cousin or whatever, just make sure to talk to your friend before making a move ☺️

• Thanks! I do want to talk to my friend about it but I'm not even sure if I want or can have a relationship with him anyhow. We live in different states.

• Thanks for your advice!

• Of course! Hope things work out for you whichever way they go