He picked me up?

I can't figure out what's going on with my friend. We have a weird are we or aren't we dating kind of vibe going on. So a few weeks ago he was invited to a game night at his friends house. I've gone several times before, and apparently it was just a given that I would be going with him. Normally it's me and the friends wife as the only girls with a few other guys. This time however it was me, my friend and two couples. Also strange was the fact that he came to pick me up and drive me over (and home). He's never picked me up before and didn't even ask me if I needed a ride, just informed me he was on his way over to pick me up.
He didn't try to make a move, but he did come up for a while and just talk when he dropped me off (which was interesting since he never comes over, even though I invite him all the time). Like I can't tell if this is a good sign of all the out of the ordinary that happened, or if he's just thinking we are super close friends?

11