Military wife’s/husbands or girlfriends/boyfriends, what to expect in dating a military man?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months now. He’s been wanting to leave to the military since he’s graduated from high school and has finally made the step forward to do so. We are both turning 20 soon. He says he wants to make this relationship work out and he sees a future with me. I do too.

So just a couple of questions.

-what should I expect?
-is it all worth it in the end?
- any advice?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can give you a veteran’s perspective on it. Don’t. The vast majority of military relationships fall apart, usually pretty aggressively.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ouch okay what else should I know?

Yeah I love this guy tons but I don’t know if I can go through. I’m asking for peoples perspectives I guess. My dad was in the army and told me a lieutenants wife ended their 7 year relationship. Then there were other relationships just ending out of the blue. My dads relationship ended after he came back cause they grew apart

• At the same time I’ve also heard of them working

• Could have sworn I had this exact same conversation with you yesterday. 7 years and a divorce isn’t even that bad. I saw a guy blow his own brains out because his wife was back home spending all his money and fucking his best friend while he was in Iraq. I saw my commanding officer hide a junior enlisted woman in his locker from the MPs so his wife wouldn’t find out. I saw my own roommate fuck countless women while his wife was in college. Most recently I saw my best friend out grown the guy she had been living with simply because she finished boot camp and realized she was way too good for him.

Despite what John Lennon may have said, love is not all you need. A strong relationship needs a hell of a lot more to work. Especially under the kind of stress that the military brings.

• runde behaviour

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes