Am I waiting too long to loose my virgnity?

I'm 18 and I've never been in a serious relationship. Most of my friends have had sexual relationships since a young age and I've always preferred to wait until I find someone who I actually like and feel comfortable with. And I wouldn't wanna have my first time with anybody else than someone who I know very well and I feel something emotional for, and he does back.

However, lately, I have been thinking about it a lot. I am 19 soon and still a virgin. It may sound stupid to think it like this, but being honest with myself I don't imagine myself meeting someone and finding myself in a deep relationship any time before I'm at least 20, and what will this hypothetical guy think about me if I tell him I'm 20 and I've never had sex?

It may sound stupid but I wanted to hear some thoughts.

48

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion you can wait longer, I don't know why everyone thinks "OMG I'm almost 14 my VIRGINITY NEEDS TO GO" like what the hell. nothing happens afterward and most likely the guy or girl you lose it to y'all won't be with them afterward either. so why not wait, virginity is more of a title thing anyway.

• The part that I'm most worried about is how that one guy that I actually like will see me when I tell him. Or should I tell him?

• So you say it is something I should let him know before we are too intimate? Thank you for your help btw! <3

• your welcome, and yes it would be good to let him know just before intamacy that would be the time. anytime time sooner and it would be weird like "why would she bring that up" type of thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost it at 21. No one really starts questioning it until you get closer to thirty for women.

• Did you wait for the right guy?

• 😍That's amazing! Please tell me more about it. When did you tell him? How did he take it?

• Sure, if you really want to hear the story.

We had been dating casually, and one night we finally had the "what are we conversation" over dinner and drinks. I just told him flat-out that I was a virgin. It wasn't for religious reasons, I just hadn't found anyone I wanted to have sex with. He told me he was in the same boat and that it was fine. We could do it whenever it felt right, no time limit but no rush. Literally three weeks later, we had sex and it was great.