Am I waiting too long to loose my virgnity?

I'm 18 and I've never been in a serious relationship. Most of my friends have had sexual relationships since a young age and I've always preferred to wait until I find someone who I actually like and feel comfortable with. And I wouldn't wanna have my first time with anybody else than someone who I know very well and I feel something emotional for, and he does back.

However, lately, I have been thinking about it a lot. I am 19 soon and still a virgin. It may sound stupid to think it like this, but being honest with myself I don't imagine myself meeting someone and finding myself in a deep relationship any time before I'm at least 20, and what will this hypothetical guy think about me if I tell him I'm 20 and I've never had sex?

It may sound stupid but I wanted to hear some thoughts.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion you can wait longer, I don't know why everyone thinks "OMG I'm almost 14 my VIRGINITY NEEDS TO GO" like what the hell. nothing happens afterward and most likely the guy or girl you lose it to y'all won't be with them afterward either. so why not wait, virginity is more of a title thing anyway.

1|0
    0|0
    • The part that I'm most worried about is how that one guy that I actually like will see me when I tell him. Or should I tell him?

• Show All
    • So you say it is something I should let him know before we are too intimate? Thank you for your help btw! <3

• your welcome, and yes it would be good to let him know just before intamacy that would be the time. anytime time sooner and it would be weird like "why would she bring that up" type of thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost it at 21. No one really starts questioning it until you get closer to thirty for women.

1|1
    0|0
    • Did you wait for the right guy?

• Show All
    • 😍That's amazing! Please tell me more about it. When did you tell him? How did he take it?

• Sure, if you really want to hear the story.

We had been dating casually, and one night we finally had the "what are we conversation" over dinner and drinks. I just told him flat-out that I was a virgin. It wasn't for religious reasons, I just hadn't found anyone I wanted to have sex with. He told me he was in the same boat and that it was fine. We could do it whenever it felt right, no time limit but no rush. Literally three weeks later, we had sex and it was great.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You don't need a *deep* relationship with someone before having sex.
    But you *should* wait for someone you feel comfortable with and who you trust.
    And someone who both care about you and that you care about.
    Doesn't need to be love pr say though.

And if that takes waiting till you're 30 to do so then wait till you're 30.
    Don't worry about what we guys think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think you will know when and who with. If they are truly your friend then they wouldn't care if you are still a virgin. For other people around you and not your friends sorry but who give a damn about what they do and think. Be you have fun your young and life has just started.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not unreasonable, there are a large portin of people who haven't had sex up until they're 24, dont sweat it though you'll need to tell your guy when you end up with one about this

0|0
    0|0
    • What reaction may a guy have though?

• Why do people care about having sex other than to reproduce? What we should be caring about is if we have been in a relationship at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say to wait. Let yourself find when you are ready regardless what others are doing around you. You won’t want to do something you will regret.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's a personal thing. There are no rules for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Exactly...

1|0
    0|0
  • No you are not

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 18 and still a virgin, i am waiting for a girlfriend too, but i never had anything (and mean nothing at all) with any girl so believe me when i say this dont wait too long ( like 2 or 3 years) other then that its fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am 20 and I never had a boyfriend. Don't worry xD

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes