Should I just send her a friend request on FB? Is a private message weird?

So This girl that i really like and i want to confess my feelings. we have some history together. When we met it started with flirting and she never mentioned her first boyfriend even when i asked her out a couple of times. We stopped talking for awhile, living on opposite sides of campus, and she started dating a close friend that only lasted for a few months. I wanted to talk to her about my feelings, but got the impression that she s not ready to date. A couple of months after they broke up a tried to confess my feelings. I asked her "theres something i want to talk to you about. Can i meet you a time and place that will work for you?". Her response was " i don't know I'm so busy now i have so much with school and work". I know she's really busy but her response made me worry that she wasn't interested. That was last semester,
however, earlier this semester i got a possible signal of interest from her, that gave me a lot of optimism back. She was looking at me for a good few seconds and when i looked back at her she smiled. It seemed genuine. She smiled with her eyes and stared for a few seconds before she left. After that i haven't seen her as much around campus as i used to. So I'm starting to consider just adding her on Facebook. I really prefer just approaching her in person but i feel like i may have to do it on Facebook first if i want something to happen between us? Is that weird or creepy or should i just do it? Should i send her a private message as well? Like "hey haven't seen you in a while? I wanted to talk to you about something. Any time i could meet you? I know you're busy just a minute would be more then enough" What do you think.

11