Once and for all, marriage proposal? Who should do it?

Guys, how would you feel if girl proposed to you?
Girls, would you ever propose to a guy?
What do you think, who's job is it to propose?

What about dating? Do you think guys should make first move?
  • Men should propose
    Vote A
  • Women should propose
    Vote B
  • Whomever proposes is cool
    Vote C
  • I am a special flower and I want results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have seen it go both ways. But I have noticed something that has happened to me and many guys I know.. the woman lays the groundwork. It starts with "we will probably get married", followed with "what do you think about us getting married", and finally "lets start making wedding plans".. Then all you have to do is buy the ring a propose. You even get valuable input on the ring she wants.

0|1
    0|0
    • How do you get an information of a ring? They all literaly look same to me...

• They will tell you what they like and their ring size.. As far as the details, that is kind of up to you. I know the jewelry business is a scam (a ring from a jeweler devalues 50-75% the moment you take ownership). You can find used and have it modified for a lot cheaper.

• Oh nice! Thanks for an advice

Most Helpful Girl

• There is not should, every relationship is diffrent and do things in their unique way

Dating is a different thing... Guys don't always have to make the first step but girls want to know somebody invest in them so they invest in that person
    Some guys\girl expect girls\guys to chase after them although they haven't invested anything in this, which is ridiculous

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Either can, but I prefer the guy to do it in MY CASE. It's a stupid, girlish thing that I'm admitting too.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree. Both of us can, but I would prefer do it myself.

• I think if they have already discussed it before, either of them. Personally I'd prefer if he proposed, I know it's silly, but that's how I'd be sure he's in it 100%.
    If they never discussed it beforehand then no one should.

0|1
    0|0
  • What if the relationship is between two people of the same sex?
    I chose who ever does it is cool.

0|0
    0|1
  • i can only say that guy should do the proposing.
    it can change if the ratio of girls and guys are 4:1 or more though.
    never been proposed before, but been asked out before and it feel wrong when i don't like her. but alright when i liked her. dunno maybe it's just me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever does it doesn't matter to me. Personally I can’t see myself proposing to a man... but you know me

0|1
    0|0
  • Once and for all😂 these are humans we're talking about, no question is ever done being asked, and no dispute is ever "dealt with"

1|1
    0|0
  • If it was up to me, I'd wait however long needed for my guy to propose to me. I can't see myself asking the guy. I find it a bit weird for the women to be the one. But no critical judgement here.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont think guys should always make the first move but i prefer he propose. My guy said he’d accept my proposal lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be weird to see a girl kneeling down with a ring in a box asking to marry him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm all for doing the first move but when I can go down on my knees for his pleasure, he can and should go down on his knees to ask one simple question

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind asking a guy out but I don't think I'd like to propose, I'm very traditional with stuff like that, but I'm all for women proposing - just couldn't myself

0|1
    0|0
  • No one. Ever.

If she proposes, he should decline and dump her immediately.

0|2
    1|0
  • Doesn't matter. Whoever wants to propose should propose.

1|1
    0|0
  • I prefer the guy the propose first as its always been for centuries and in dating anyone can make the first move.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men if we talk about going on a knee, otherwise whoever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men should propose

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd not propose.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't plan on getting married.

0|1
    0|0
  • the man.