Guys would you believe a girl who told you she had commitment issues? Girls have you ever lied and said you had commitment issues when you didn’t?

I’ve been seeing this this guy for a few months now (who also has commitment issues) and he’s got it in his head that I’m lying about mine and I’m secretly trying to trap him in a relationship... I’ve been clear from the beginning that my last relationship took a lot out of me and I don’t think I’ll heal enough from that to get into a serious relationship anytime soon. I’ve never even hinted that I secretly want a relationship, we only text to make plans and have our own separate lives, and if he asked me to be his girlfriend I’d say no. I’ve even told him that if what we’re doing becomes too much for him and he needs space or wants to end it that I’d understand. I’m not sure what else I can do, and it would really suck if the only reason we stop hanging out was because he thought I was trying to trap him in a relationship when I’m not. Neither one of us is dating anyone else but at least on my end it’s because all I want is someone I can have a casual nonrelationship with who still respects me and I have that.

01