Is age nothing but a number, when it comes to dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My brother always had a system he went by, where if the first number of their age was doubled, and yours, and you add it together, then years apart shouldn't exceed that amount.
    Two of the same;
    10-19 for 4 years
    20-29 for 8 years
    30-39 for 12 years.
    One and one;
    10-19 + 20-29 for 6 years
    20-29 + 30-39 for 10 years.
    And so on.
    I thought he was crazy, but it actually worked pretty well for him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Within reason, of course.

Obviously dating somebody legally too young is completely inappropriate.

My partner and I are 6 years apart and it's the healthiest/happiest relationship I've ever been in.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It is to an extent. There comes a point where the age gap isn’t just a number. But the older the 2 people are, the more acceptable the larger age gap is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends... I and 33, would never date a girl younger than 22 and older than 42... why.. because I don't believe we can share the same interest and apart from sex would have nothing to found a solid relationship on

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much. I think beyond 25 it dosen't really matter. More down to the person they are than their age

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the age that matters it's the mind set and if someone says the age does matter you can tell where there mind set is at..

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the maturity level that has the most meaning over the actual age

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the age to if you're 47 and you wanna date a 13-17 yo then no

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if it's a relationship or just a fuck. If it's just a fuck, then gap doesn't matter. If it's a relationship, I'd say ten to fifteen years max.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your age, if your 50 and trying to date a 25 year old, you won't have anything in common, but if you are only a few years apart it can work

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s a pretty important number if the person is underage

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you date a 10 year old or maybe you'd like a 90 year old. So yes age does matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally it's not. Still I wouldn't date someone over or under a certain age.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it is. I've dated older that are just as immature as younger than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then why can you see it

0|0
    0|1
    • I dont know, you tell me since you say you see it.

• Show All
    • I think you know if a girl is underage, in some clubs and bars they aren't allowed. Dont need to be smart, security does the job

• Yeah you are right , you don't need a brain, just a axe to have your head on a chopping block!

• Eh, depends on the age gap + maturity level.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is important

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes date 13 year olds

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes