I dont want to be his rebound. Help?

I started seeing a guy. He is from FL and he is now back in NY and I think he might be considering moving back here. He had to come up for some family reasons.

But anyways he had added me on IG and FB in 2015 and he had even poked me on FB in 2015, but I had ignored him. But he was still liking my pics. When he came up to NY he started messaging me and we started talking. And we met up for a date and hooked up. It's been about a month and we still talk almost every day. But I haven't seen him because I've been avoiding him.

The reason is because he got out of relationship before he came to NY, even though he told me things started to go downhill since dec.

He tells me he likes me and he told me the night we hooked up that he's been watching me (in a non creepy way) on social media since before he moved to FL. And he told me that I'm the best sex he's ever had and that he has to have me. He even said that he showed one of his friends my pic and said that's his future girlfriend.

I do not know if he's just playing me or not because we have already hooked up.

But I like him too and we have good convos and the chemistry was definitely there! And I really want to see him again. But I do not want to be the rebound girl especially since I noticed he deleted a video of his ex girlfriend but he still has some old pics of them together. I do not know what to do? Or whether I should confront him about it. Help! I do not want to set myself up for heartbreak.

11