Why does it have to be the guys to ask out the women?

Anywhere I go and most of the people I ask about this say, "that's just the way it is." But why? It puts so much pressure on guys to take the first step. Why can't women make the first move more?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well.. No one is stopping girls from asking out guys.. but most girls can't handle rejection that well so they won't ever ask a guy out..
    Also, it's traditional :D

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've made the first step several times and it has never ever worked lol. Guys hate it.

1|1
    0|0
    • Maybe you've just asked the guys that are more confident in themselves than others. I'm not confident in my looks, so if a girl were to ask me out, that would definitely boost my confidence, there are probably other guys like that somewhere. Really the only reason I wouldn't like a girl asking me out is if she were to appear really desperate to be in a relationship or something, otherwise I wouldn't hate it at all

• Show All
    • I would say more guys would prefer it that way. Just comes down to luck of the draw, and maybe those specific guys weren't attracted to you, whether you made the first step or not.

• Probably lol. I am an extraterrestrial after all (aka super weird xD.)

• People are getting lazy. No one wants to do the first step anymore, because yeah, it is hard and very rarely rewarding.

When women start trying to approach men, they stop doing it equally quick as they started, because they think "guys do not like that". But they do not realize, that men get rejected even more often, we just dont have another option, if we dont want to die alone. Nothing magically happens on its own.

1|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't have to be. It becoming less the norm.

And I get why it feels unfair.

At the same time, guys are not always aware of the ways they are rejecting women either.

It's getting better, but guys are part of that. A lot more of you have to get ok with the woman doing the asking too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because women tend to overthink stuff and be a bit more emotional, men can get rejected, brush it off, and continue to be a shameless, abrasive douche to the next girl until he scores, most of the time, women are not going to go out of their way to get rejected... My opinion.. Once you've been rejected enough to realize its not a big deal and the girl who rejected you also has shitty flaws, and stop putting women on a pedestal, it gets 1000x easier

0|0
    0|0
  • Um I ask men out on dates I ask can we become as one in the one that makes those decisions? I've never been asked unless he's asking and I'm aware he is

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not that you have to, but if you don't somebody else will. Because grown ups ask for what they want and take responsibility for their actions, they do not wait that anything is handed over to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idiots say that. People who prefer to let others do the thinking for them.

1|0
    0|2
  • Why do boys have a penis and girls have a vag. Good luck finding the answer

1|0
    0|0
  • Some girls are bold enough to do that but I think most guys don't take such girls seriously

0|0
    0|0
  • Because girls have this stupid rule that says that they can't ask guys out for whatever reason and they aren't willing to break it... :/

0|0
    0|0
  • We're supposed to be "alpha" take charge be confident. We can strong socially, and can provide for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because morons like to babble on that men were the hunters back in the day. So now it has to stay that way I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the norm in the society but it ain't problem if the girls ask out the boys

0|0
    0|0
    • This is true... Personally I think it would be great if more women took the first step more often.

• In history men always did things first, this went on until now, so it doesn't matter who does it

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like it when we make the first move

0|1
    0|0
  • They like to play games

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to feel like this back when I was afraid to talk to girls romantically/sexually. I wanted it to be there problem. But I’ve come to understand it now. It’s no ones job to take the first step. But more men take that first step then women. So you can choose to sit back and wait for some lady to come swoop you up but those ladies you want are already benefitting from the current system. Those other guys are shooting their shot and she has to choose: conquer that same fear you yourself can’t seem to get over and reject all these other interested men or take the easy route that every other women shamelessly takes and accept the best suitor out of all those men who try. Hint hint she’s choosing the easy route. Usually the only girls who don’t are the ones who’s other suitors are horrible and or nonexistent. Meaning either you have to be miles ahead of these other men on the desirablity scale or she has to be very undesirable herself. I tried the wait and see route and it worked for me up until a certain point. Girls will do everything under the sun to get your attention but until you make a clear blatant move in response they won’t be straight forward. You’ll sit in an emotionally unsatisfing limbo for years only to have them give up and disappear. Get ready for years of learning to decode women and several more years of learning how to convince them that you actually do want them and you aren’t just choosing them cause they’re available even though you most likely are. So have fun trying to change things. I’m gonna be over here with your dream girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you like making the first move? Clearly no. Just like me, and the majority of all people. Why do you make the first move? To get a partner obviously. Now, if you didn't have to do that, if over a 1000 horny girls chased you every day, would you ever approach? I suppose no. Thats reality for girls. Even the ugliest girls have a wagon of horny guys trying to fuck them. Thats also a reason why a company can find a worker easily - they come by themselves - while if you are lookimg for a job you gotta go from company to company and hope at least one will want you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u r right, why always a guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that’s their role. If you want it the other way switch your gender.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes