Am I being smart or stupid, what do you think of this?

I’ve been with this guy for a couple of years now and I’m deeply in love with him.
I have stopped replying to his texts and calls a couple of days ago and decided to act as if I broke up with him, when in reality I’m planning on taking him back in about a months time.
The reason I have done this is because lately he stopped treating me like his princess and started taking me for graunted, refusing to go out and do the most basic things for me, also he’s not been speaking to me in the best manner.
I feel like most men would get used to the woman at some point and that’s why I need to teach him a lesson. What do you all think?
  • Smart
  • Stupid

211

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're lucky, he'll beg you to come back to him and be hurt by the whole thing, things will be better for a while but with no guarantee it won't return to what it is now. If you aren't then he will refuse to take you back. He might be having a rough time at work rn or something causing him to be this way, and either way I think communication is better than sending easily misinterpretted signals and expecting him to decode them.

• Well we talked and talked and talked and he didn’t listen for the past month or two, now I’ve got 400 missed phone calls, and about a 1000 texts

• Well I wish you good luck. Hopefully he doesn't move on quickly. Clearly he cares about you if he's messaging you so much, but who knows how long that will last. Are you sure you don't have inflated expectations?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is just gonna push him away farther. A better approach would be to just talk to him!

• Believe me we have talked and talked and talked he is just not listening that’s why I want to teach him a lesson

• I mean... if you're okay with the risk that he might not come back-- sounds like your mind's set!