Am I being smart or stupid, what do you think of this?

I’ve been with this guy for a couple of years now and I’m deeply in love with him.
I have stopped replying to his texts and calls a couple of days ago and decided to act as if I broke up with him, when in reality I’m planning on taking him back in about a months time.
The reason I have done this is because lately he stopped treating me like his princess and started taking me for graunted, refusing to go out and do the most basic things for me, also he’s not been speaking to me in the best manner.
I feel like most men would get used to the woman at some point and that’s why I need to teach him a lesson. What do you all think?
  • Smart
    Vote A
  • Stupid
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're lucky, he'll beg you to come back to him and be hurt by the whole thing, things will be better for a while but with no guarantee it won't return to what it is now. If you aren't then he will refuse to take you back. He might be having a rough time at work rn or something causing him to be this way, and either way I think communication is better than sending easily misinterpretted signals and expecting him to decode them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well we talked and talked and talked and he didn’t listen for the past month or two, now I’ve got 400 missed phone calls, and about a 1000 texts

• Well I wish you good luck. Hopefully he doesn't move on quickly. Clearly he cares about you if he's messaging you so much, but who knows how long that will last. Are you sure you don't have inflated expectations?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is just gonna push him away farther. A better approach would be to just talk to him!

0|0
    0|0
    • Believe me we have talked and talked and talked he is just not listening that’s why I want to teach him a lesson

• I mean... if you're okay with the risk that he might not come back-- sounds like your mind's set!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How's he gonna learn anything if he doesn't even know why he's being punished? If you wanna go through with it, I think let him know why and say that you'll be happy to take him back in a months time so long as he goes back to treating you the way he used to. Isn't that better than ghosting?

0|0
    0|0
    • I just think that he needs to suffer and learn so that he doesn’t repeat the same mistake, we have already talked about why too many times that it is crystal clear.

• Okay but a whole month without any contact is probably gonna feel like a break UP rather than just a break from his point of view. Just tell him you want to put the relationship on pause until he gets his act together. Once you've made that clear, THEN ignore his calls, etc (unless he expresses a willingness to change).

• What makes you think he's 100% going to take you back if you act this way? If any woman did this to me i'd be unattracted to her pretty damn soon.
    Don't like how you're hadling the situation, just god damn go and talk to him. Communication is the KEY for a healthy relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you think he is supposed to react to your behaviour?

At first, he seems not that much into you anymore and now you act like you are not into him that much anymore.

By that, you are just pushing him away even more than he already was. So yeah, you are stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • 400 missed phone calls and 1000 texts?
    Don't ever get back to him, if you ever do it he'll no longer have the slightest respect for you and will basically think "yeah she came back, she's my b*tch forever now"

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you really expect to be treated as a princess always within a relationship?
    Your behaviour is not stupid but risky. Men don´t like to get lessons, especially not from women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your on a one way train to single town.

At the time when you should be trying your hardest your kicking it when it's already down

0|0
    0|0
  • A friends girlfriend tried this approach on him once. She has been his ex-girlfriend ever since.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're nothing but a manipulative idiot. If this dude has any balls he'd drop your dumb ass in a moment's notice

0|0
    0|0
  • Just break up with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Retarded.

You're going to fake breakup, it's effectively going to be a real break up and you're going to blame him for whatever shitty outcome follows then learn nothing from the experience.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes